Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:46:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan Park/Catering  (Read 1670 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Fan Park/Catering
« on August 13, 2018, 09:07:35 am by wing commander »
        On the opening day of last season the catering was a disaster.We ran out of everything before we had even kicked off..Despite what Raggytash says about me being a bit of a board licker..Me and another on this forum (I wont name him in case he doesn't want me too),had a few meetings with the club/Shaun/Gavin and with SM and took them to task about it.

We didn't get all we wanted changed but they did fix a few things that people had been complaining about on the menu's and fridges, and increased stocking levels of items so there was always things available,better staff coverage etc etc...

So it was brilliant to see the steps they had put in place for this one,the fan park was really good, and is certainly something that can be built on going forward,I enjoyed my bit of greek food anyway.Inside the catering was decently stocked and fast queues..Like I've said before, we have pages of complaints when something goes wrong but little is said when they go that bit extra to try and improve things and it's important they know it worked well...

So a big well done to the team behind that and I hope to see it repeated as much as possible during the summer months...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Fan Park/Catering
« Reply #1 on August 13, 2018, 09:13:50 am by bobjimwilly »
great to hear!

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 13, 2018, 10:15:11 am by wesisback »
Is the Greek van run by Centreplate?
Agreed, although I've not used it yet myself, the photos I've seen of the fan park looks like its taken off as a success and with that it will only become even more so.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 13, 2018, 10:37:17 am by wing commander »
  I'm not sure on that Wes,i would imagine the contract means they would have had some say in it I would imagine..
  The fan park certainly contributed in enhancing the match day experience though so it was a success for me..

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 13, 2018, 11:17:13 am by silent majority »
Some very good comments WC!

The food truck is nothing to do with Centerplate.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 13, 2018, 11:38:20 am by wing commander »
  It worked well regardless and people seemed to be enjoying it and that what it's all about for me.It's a great idea during the summer so hat's off...

Nobody has been a bigger critic of the catering than me as you know,it drove me mad that in the couple of hours they had to serve on a Saturday they couldn't staff it or stock it properly (food and beer) Or that the menu's were incorrect,fridges didn't work etc etc...But like anything else in life,you can moan all you want on here, but unless you get of your jacksy and go try and work with people to improve things you cant complain...

There are still things I would like to see as regard some items been that bit better quality but your not going to get everything you ask for I appreciate.The bottom line is all the basic's were right on Saturday as regards stock and service from the off which was a huge improvement on last year..

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 13, 2018, 11:51:36 am by Donnywolf »
Would still benefit from "regular" Staff at the Bars etc inside.

I take careful notice of those who are on duty in West Stand and I cannot recall ever seeing the same person twice

This means of course a whole plethora of things to learn for the new people on the job as I doubt there is an Induction day - and so this will repeat itself every Match I suppose

On the Fan Park - very positive - with the Weather playing a good part. Reminded me of the Season opener (or first away Game) at Colchester. Hot Weather - Food and Beer - and Live music. That was superb and had the Stadium Doors open giving access to another long Bar which would be problematic I suppose as it could not be done in the West Stand and that seems the "natural" place for it

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 13, 2018, 12:59:57 pm by wing commander »
   They have a big pool of staff,mainly casual abd students etc etc who they bring in for these events who aren't available every week so I'm not sure how you get around that.It's up to the section management to make sure everybody knows what they are doing when they get there.

I cant comment on the west stand Wolf as I was in the South stand but it worked well enough in there..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 13, 2018, 01:32:52 pm by roversdude »
I took my son for his first ever game and against my better judgement found myself in the half time queue. He thought sausage roll was great (then again at 11 years old he wasn’t paying for it lol) - I’d read a bit that chips were good so bought myself some  - they were disgusting to the point I got s refund.
It’s the fan park for me next time especially knowing it’s not centerplate

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 13, 2018, 05:18:19 pm by godlike1 »
I'm hoping the fan park is something that will be repeated on a regular, if not match by match basis. It can not fail but help to add to the atmosphere and is something I have long been asking about and an advocate of. It would be good if there could be more than one around the stadium with a variety of different types of music etc.

Create an excitement and buzz around the ground can only help to add to the good feeling of supporters and make its way into the ground in time for kick off.

Well played to those taking the club to task over it and well played to the club from listening and trying it out

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 13, 2018, 07:51:14 pm by mushRTID »
Hoping the next food van is Indian!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 13, 2018, 08:45:23 pm by StocktonRover »
Think we need to be looking at some gazebo type shelters and patio heaters as the months move on. It would be a real shame for the weather to spoil such a great initiative.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 13, 2018, 09:06:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
As I said on another thread it was the most enjoyable prematch I can remember. It's surprising but on the recent seasons  (two) when the Fan Park was up and running, the weather has only disrupted things on 3 or 4 ocxasions. Its still pleasant in the colder months, and there's been plenty using it. As said it would be great if it was in operation for all home games. Doing the interview with Glynn outside on the stage also worked much better.. I really hope we build on this success!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012