Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:51:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: West stand middle exit  (Read 8166 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: West stand middle exit
« Reply #60 on August 24, 2018, 12:53:46 pm by RedJ »
Why do you have to do a full lap (apologies if you mean NE exit)

Because from the North West exit you are only allowed to walk anti clockwise around the stadium.

We always walk anti-clockwise from the West Stand to get back to the lake - is it quicker the other way?

From the south end it's probably about the same, north end it obviously adds the entire length of the ground onto the walk...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 24, 2018, 01:13:40 pm by Drover »
It’s the emergency refuge for the disabled supporters should there be a problem. They would stay there until the emergency services get them out if I remember the reason correctly. It needs to be kept clear for the safety certificate.

The thing is with that,Im sure,if there ever was a problem,I.E. bomb/fire,fans would use that exit regardless.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 24, 2018, 02:55:18 pm by silent majority »
I see you that only answer what you want to,not the points about less able supporters. Fair enough I seek answers from those who are in the know.

Not at all. I have answered your questions in all aspects, so I'll repeat myself. The stadium was designed in accordance with the Green Guide, just like every other stadium in the country. The Green Guide is put together by the Sports Ground Safety Authority on behalf of the DCMS. Therefore it goes without saying that if it passes the SGSA test then it can't have been badly designed.
As for being in the know, feel free to ask somebody else.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 25, 2018, 05:54:18 pm by TheFunk »
They've now decided to fence it off. The lady in charge thought we wouldn't mind waiting until the away fans left first and then they'd let us through. Many very angry supporters today. That's ok though we'll all use one very poorly lit exit in future then. They don't mind the supporters mixing when they're taking money off them.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 25, 2018, 06:11:28 pm by RoversAlias »
This sounds like an issue that is only growing, and is exactly the sort of thing that the "In Rovers We Trust" philosophy needs to be put in action for. I hope some discussions can be had because supporters clearly have concerns.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 25, 2018, 06:19:18 pm by TheFunk »
I doubt they care they will just spout health and safety. At least it gives the stewards some entertainment they think it's hilarious.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 25, 2018, 09:27:39 pm by Muttley »
But you can just walk 20 yards towards then cut through the hedge with no stewards to stop you.

They really haven’t got a clue, have they?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on September 20, 2018, 06:35:08 pm by Filo »
The middle exit will be back in use from Saturday according to an email I have just read from the club

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 20, 2018, 06:46:47 pm by Donnywolf »
Great (if true)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on September 20, 2018, 06:51:50 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Be interesting to hear the explanation for that 'U'-Turn, if true, given the explanation given for the decision in the first place.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on September 20, 2018, 06:52:07 pm by Filo »
Dear supporter,
We wrote to you back in July before the start of the season to let you know we had been required to shut the middle stairwell of the west concourse due to the findings of two audits carried out as part of our licence to hold events at the stadium. This was due to both fire safety and security requirements which we had no choice but to action. As a stadium management team, our intention is to make the match day experience as enjoyable as possible and it is clear that this decision has impacted a significant number of you and is something we have been challenging with the authorities since the decision was made. We have reviewed building plans and fire strategy documents from the initial stadium design, along with health and safety documentation to build a case to challenge the issues raised and form a number of mitigations which would remove the issues highlighted.

Last week, we set up a meeting with the licencing authority, in addition to an independent advisor who we have been liaising with, to challenge the initial decision and suggest a number of options that we believed would enable the exit to be opened again for general use. As a result, we have agreed the changes to the building and operation which will enable that exit to be used by spectators as a general exit again. The stadium has contractors in this week making the required changes to the building and we will be in a position to have the exit open again for the Bradford City fixture on Saturday September 22.

We appreciate your patience in what has been a very difficult situation.  The safety of our supporters is our priority and we have to work to a number of additional requirements to enable us to operation as a football stadium. Please be assured that we have challenged this decision on your behalf and thankfully have been able to overturn the decision to close the stairwell.

We look forward to welcoming you to the game on Saturday and hope that the use of the middle stairwell will be of great benefit to supporters in the west stand

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on September 20, 2018, 07:23:23 pm by silent majority »
Be interesting to hear the explanation for that 'U'-Turn, if true, given the explanation given for the decision in the first place.

It's not a U turn though. The club have taken the time to campaign on your behalf and need a pat on the back for doing so.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on September 20, 2018, 09:07:33 pm by keith79 »
Looks like a u turn to me.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on September 20, 2018, 09:18:01 pm by RedJ »
Is it really a u turn when it wasn't their decision to make and they've gone and gotten that decision overturned?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on September 20, 2018, 11:05:21 pm by roversontheup »
No it’s not a U turn. It was not a decision made or wanted by the club. They had no choice but to carry out the closure of that exit. But credit to Marie Hepburn and others at the club who have worked hard to turn the original decision around by presented other factors. All of which means that the exit will be open again on Saturday as wanted by both our fans and our club.
Well done from me.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on September 21, 2018, 05:57:15 am by Donnywolf »
Credit to the Club from me too.

Will be even more grateful when I exit there Saturday !

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on September 21, 2018, 08:06:28 am by Pancho Regan »
Huge credit to the club for this. It is a perfect example of them listening to the concerns of fans and taking positive action accordingly.

I must say I was concerned at the last home match when exiting the West Stand with my young daughter. Due to the closure of the middle exit and the 'inconvenience' (for want of a better expression) of using the North Exit, the vast majority of supporters were exiting via the South stairwell, which really did cause congestion.

But Marie Hepburn and the club in general have acted swiftly to resolve the situation, and they deserve praise for doing so. Well done to all concerned.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on September 21, 2018, 08:36:57 am by wing commander »
Looks like a u turn to me.

How you can call it a U-turn is simply beyond me..The club had to act to the instructions given initially by Law..They challenged it,spent money on our behalf to investigate and challenge it.Then agreed a compromise and spent more money implementing it..So we get it back open again..

Some fans really seem to have a us and them attitude at times..

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on September 21, 2018, 09:18:49 am by Bezza »
common sense prevails, was a stupid idea to close it.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on September 21, 2018, 08:18:44 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I agree, credit to the club for their successfully challenging what was a nonsensical decision.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on September 22, 2018, 06:52:13 am by DRNaith »
Looks like a U-turn....            ...by the licensing people, brought about by Rovers listening to their customers and responding in a way to resolve it positively.

Now I've got no chance of any of you agreeing with that!!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on September 22, 2018, 07:33:07 am by Donnywolf »
As with B****t maybe we should now draw a line under the whole thing  :lol: :lol: :lol: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on September 22, 2018, 07:35:32 am by Lincoln Rover »
Well done DRFC, everyone's happy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012