Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:07:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Burton Albion game  (Read 7723 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Burton Albion game
« Reply #60 on August 19, 2018, 06:49:08 am by Alan Southstand »
One word springs to mind after that performance yesterday, bullied. I think their midfield laid the law down early doors and never let us in the game at all. I think Kane was subbed because he was being constantly battered, I lost count of how many free kicks there were against him! We don't possess the kind of midfielder who can fight fire with fire and we fell short.

Up top, the front 3 were well below par and Copps, in particular, had a poor game. Taylor was an improvement, May wasn't. Marquis missed the chance of the game and Wilks frustrated me all game - just now and again, pass it!

Overall, we hardly deserved anything, but then again, neither did they. Playing at home with the sole intent of stopping the other side from playing will not bring the crowds in - only just over 3,000 yesterday and a third were from Donny!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 19, 2018, 07:11:22 am by Donnywolf »
Goals change games - and if Marquis taps that in then its 0-1 and they cant sit back and try to just stop us. I cant speculate or hypothesise what would have happened after that of course

Was disappointed with the display especially compared to Scunny and how many times did we pass it straight into touch - some when the intended target was 5 yards away

Also too many Passes when we should have shot - and vice versa against a Team we should have beaten. However thats football and (cliche alert) - we need to bounce back starting Tuesday

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 19, 2018, 07:38:32 am by dickos1 »
The way we play, pressing around the pitch is going to make it difficult to play well sat, Tuesday. Unless we can rest players occasionally.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 19, 2018, 08:35:09 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Guess it shows what we need, that bit more ruthlessness.  We have plenty of good league 1 players. To make the step up we have to score more and make less mistakes.

Still a positive start though.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 19, 2018, 08:57:14 am by mpc123 »
I didn't go but listened in, it seems if we had finished like previous games it would have been a winning result.

We are never going to play at 100% all the time
 but the main thing is with a lesser performance still came several great chances which is encouraging.

Let's see how GM's managerial skills are now for us to bounce back, hopefully we can get back on track.

It's very early in the season but very encouraging even after our first defeat.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 19, 2018, 09:22:24 am by Campsall rover »
I didn't go but listened in, it seems if we had finished like previous games it would have been a winning result.

We are never going to play at 100% all the time
 but the main thing is with a lesser performance still came several great chances which is encouraging.

Let's see how GM's managerial skills are now for us to bounce back, hopefully we can get back on track.

It's very early in the season but very encouraging even after our first defeat.
Really disappointed we didn’t win yesterday. A game we should have won as we created the best chances. If we had scored first I am sure we would have won the game.
The finishing needs to improve as we missed a bag full at Scunny and at least 3 we should have buried yesterday.
Yes we are still work in progress of course. I don’t understand playing Blair in a 3 in midfield.
His passing is not good enough and is a complete waste of his pace. We were chasing the game at 1-0 down and the use of the subs in the way we played was bizarre.
Onwards and upwards and let’s hope the players are as disappointed as I am and go out on Tuesday and take it out on Shrewsbury.
Good teams bounce back after a defeat. I am confident we WILL 2-0

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 19, 2018, 09:54:28 am by turnbull for england »
First game of season yesterday and can see lots of positives over last couple of years. Should have been 1 up at half time and that would have made them change their organised approach. Plenty to make me look forward to Tuesday

TinyPortal © 2005-2012