Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:29:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Burton Albion game  (Read 7724 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Burton Albion game
« on August 15, 2018, 08:46:10 am by selby »
  The biggest test of the season so far in my opinion, A canny manager, and for the first time this season one of the relegated sides of last season, that will have players who have played at the higher level.
  As a football  supporter they have my admiration for what they have achieved in their short EFL. history, which considering the size of the club has been remarkable.
  They are coming off their first win of the season, winning 2 - 1 at Shrewsbury in their cup game.
  In that game  from reports they had a strong centre of defence, especially in the aerial battles, and Templeton and Boyce ran the midfield aeria, with Lucas being a threat up front.
  In Clough junior they have a manager who has always had to be tactically aware of the other sides strengths, and should not be underestimated for his ability to get a tune out of players that others don't rate, and get his sides to compete.
  It will be interesting to see if their rise in the pyramid has changed their catering, as in the past visits it was very good, with good beer and food.
  On to our game, Tommy Rowe will he be fit? and Kiwomya? who were missing at Scunthorpe.
   Would you make changes from the Scunthorpe game?
   Can we keep up our energy levels with two games in a week?
   Will we carry on our scoring in games? which has been at odds with last season.
   Are you like me expecting a large away following?
   Are you going to the game?
    Will Clough be waiting with a trick up his sleeve, and spoil our  style of play?
   Much to look forward to, and discuss, please have your say.
  I think we will have a clearer view of just how good we can be after this game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Burton Albion game
« Reply #1 on August 15, 2018, 09:28:16 am by DearneValleyRover »
I expect Tommy to play, I think he is the player GM was alluding to in respect to game management. In that respect I doubt he will feature in any games other than the league
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:28:59 am by DearneValleyRover »

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 15, 2018, 09:41:02 am by Paul Simpson »
I’ll be there with family. Looking forward to what should be a more difficult test for Donny. Does anyone know of the best place to park and maybe grab some food and a beer nearby? Cheers RTID ⚽️😀

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 15, 2018, 09:54:04 am by Donnywolf »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 15, 2018, 10:00:27 am by RedJ »
I swear by that website.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 15, 2018, 10:01:19 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Yeah Rowe was rested so expect he'll start for Blair then leave it the same as Tuesday. Could make a case for keeping Blair based on what sounded a complete performance yesterday but Tommy is our captain and one of our best so should come back in for me.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 15, 2018, 10:15:47 am by Campsall rover »
Rowe in for Blair. Possibly Copps might go to the bench as his game time will need managing and if that is the case then Blair starts in his place. Don’t make changes that are not needed.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 15, 2018, 11:03:58 am by RoversAlias »
Boyce is a forward for them, and their fans are getting sick of Clough. I don't believe they had a very good home record last season so let's hope we give it a good go on Saturday.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 15, 2018, 12:06:58 pm by Axholme Lion »
I’ll be there with family. Looking forward to what should be a more difficult test for Donny. Does anyone know of the best place to park and maybe grab some food and a beer nearby? Cheers RTID ⚽️😀

There's a car park over the road behind the away end near some industrial units. The entrance was on the roundabout. It was about a fiver last year but was very convenient and safe. Nice ground with a good tight away end, so should be a good atmosphere.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 15, 2018, 12:34:19 pm by selby »
  On the Scunthorpe forum, one of their fans commented on how much quicker and fitter we looked this season compared to us in the games against them last season with many of the same players.
    He commented it was not like that last season in their games against us, I find it quite a damning statement on our fitness last season that. I can remember commenting early last season that we had to get fitter and harder, but didn't realise it was so noticeable.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 15, 2018, 12:48:39 pm by anton123 »
What’s the scummy forum called can’t find 1 for them ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 15, 2018, 01:36:18 pm by Donnywolf »
Theyve just changed it to Tw***er after they got well and truly Tw***ed last night

Or the other is Waccos - We are Champions, Champions of Scunthorpe (even that was a close run thing)

http://www.iron-bru.co.uk/
http://boards.footymad.net/Scunthorpeunited-mad/

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 15, 2018, 02:05:21 pm by Paul Simpson »
Thanks for the parking info . Fingers crossed for 3 more points ⚽️👍

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 15, 2018, 02:48:36 pm by ravenrover »
Almost like a home game for me living near Nottingham

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 15, 2018, 03:24:06 pm by redbrez »
What does the away end hold ? Be my first visit. Hope we can continue with are good start.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 15, 2018, 06:58:08 pm by Donnywolf »
What does the away end hold ? Be my first visit. Hope we can continue with are good start.

Its 1400 but everything you need to know is in the Link above Reply#3

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 15, 2018, 07:34:01 pm by selby »
  Last weekend Kane was a good pick for M.O.M. last night I thought he was even better.
   At his age, if he keeps this up he is going to be some player, he will have to be a very good player to get in the Liverpool team in future, but at the moment I would not bet against him achieving both club and country status, he looks that good.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 15, 2018, 07:52:06 pm by Dare to dream! »
How many we sold?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 15, 2018, 08:26:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
Boyce is a forward for them, and their fans are getting sick of Clough. I don't believe they had a very good home record last season so let's hope we give it a good go on Saturday.

Second worst after Sunderland and no team in Championship scored less or conceded more than Burton at home last season. Only won four home games all season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 15, 2018, 08:52:11 pm by selby »
C.B.  last season means nothing, we have started well, but the minute we start to take teams lightly is when it will come back to bite us.
  They will not be an easy team to play against, hopefully we can get a result, but we won't if we come the Billy Big b*llocks, and don't approach the game properly.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 15, 2018, 08:58:36 pm by scawsby steve »
How many we sold?

I bought my ticket today. The girl in the ticket office said the only seats left were in the bottom 3 rows.

SeahamRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 15, 2018, 11:04:04 pm by SeahamRover »
Looking forward to this plus it be my little girl first away day  :scarf:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 16, 2018, 09:45:40 am by Chris Black come back »
C.B.  last season means nothing, we have started well, but the minute we start to take teams lightly is when it will come back to bite us.
  They will not be an easy team to play against, hopefully we can get a result, but we won't if we come the Billy Big b*llocks, and don't approach the game properly.

You have the facts there buddy, make of them what you will. Nobody is saying it is going to be easy.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 16, 2018, 10:28:44 am by Retdon1 »
Think their another team that are struggling for numbers currently. They haven’t named a full bench yet... seems like there operating to a tight budget... I would have thought they would have banked a few quid from their 2 seasons in the championship but doesn’t look that way

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 16, 2018, 10:34:09 am by Donnywolf »
How many we sold?

I bought my ticket today. The girl in the ticket office said the only seats left were in the bottom 3 rows.

There were 41 Tickets left when I was ordering in the Seated bit which went down to 39 as I watched and then 37 after I bought two - AND just 2 Standing ones left

Low down but better than watching on SSNews (Sorry Jeff)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 16, 2018, 10:46:58 am by Donnywolf »
On a side issue (but still Burton) any long term Roadworks or other hold ups on route

Thorne to Alfreton J28 - A38 rest of way  ? Ages since I travelled that way and I know lots of posters on here will be more familiar with current problems

Used to get into "Dads own County" Staffs in exactly 60 minutes on a good day so 1 h 15 to Burton. Rovers Fans have been welcomed to a Burton Pub as well on Facebook

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 16, 2018, 11:22:57 am by RedJ »
Terrace now sold out.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 16, 2018, 02:46:02 pm by Donnywolf »
.... and hurry up as when I last looked 14.44 there are just 2 Seats left (not together) but hoping its snatch any Seat you fancy !

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 16, 2018, 04:41:26 pm by selby »
  Three wins Wolfie, and you are like a young kid again let out of school, great isn't it.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 16, 2018, 04:50:15 pm by the vicar »
We have sold out BUT there is tickets for pay on the day at £2 extra that is from the club just two minutes ago

TinyPortal © 2005-2012