Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:54:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Taylor  (Read 2709 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Paul Taylor
« on August 20, 2018, 05:43:19 pm by Dare to dream! »
Not seen it mentioned on here but I thought he looked very good when he came on v Burton. Demanded the ball and played some neat passes. I would expect him to start as soon as he is fully match fit.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Paul Taylor
« Reply #1 on August 20, 2018, 05:46:00 pm by dickos1 »
He played well when he came on at scunny too, put a couple of great balls into the box after beating his man

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 20, 2018, 06:00:42 pm by scawsby steve »
Don't tell Selby.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 20, 2018, 06:12:00 pm by selby »
  Scawsby, why not, he is our player now and he gets my full support when he plays.
  I still stand by what I said on the forum after the game on Saturday. Unlike dickos I thought he took time to show anything on Saturday when he first came on, settled after a while, but tried to thread balls through the congested area on the edge of their area, and they got cut out by their defenders stepping up.
  The substitutes as a whole did very little to affect the game at Burton, my opinion of course others will disagree. I want him to succeed as much as anyone when he plays, but I will not get carried away just yet.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 20, 2018, 11:49:46 pm by dickos1 »
  Scawsby, why not, he is our player now and he gets my full support when he plays.
  I still stand by what I said on the forum after the game on Saturday. Unlike dickos I thought he took time to show anything on Saturday when he first came on, settled after a while, but tried to thread balls through the congested area on the edge of their area, and they got cut out by their defenders stepping up.
  The substitutes as a whole did very little to affect the game at Burton, my opinion of course others will disagree. I want him to succeed as much as anyone when he plays, but I will not get carried away just yet.

Sorry selby but it wasn’t me, I only saw him at Scunthorpe where I thought he did very well when he came on

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 21, 2018, 03:01:34 am by scawsby steve »

Brian, it was virtually impossible for any of the substitutes to affect the game at Burton; by the time they came on, Burton had practically every player packed in or around the penalty area, there was just no way through; however, Taylor, in my opinion, looked more dangerous than anyone else in the closing stages; I thought Matty Blair was the most ineffective of the subs.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 21, 2018, 01:38:21 pm by Bezza »
it`s time to start Taylor, must be ready now.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 21, 2018, 02:05:00 pm by selby »
  Changes after one defeat why? and the substitute who has come on and been the most impressive, and played wide in that position is Kiwomya who came on at Southend before getting injured, and did really well stretching the Southend defence with his speed and getting back in defence when needed in the last quarter of an hour.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 21, 2018, 04:14:28 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Because it's generally acknowledge that if we want a full and productive season out of copps then starting him Saturday/Tuesday is probably a bad idea if we have capable alternatives.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 21, 2018, 04:25:25 pm by selby »
  I cannot see the difference, over the last few seasons, when Coppinger has not started, we have had to bring him on about half time to try and save the game.
Don't forget  Fergie tried to leave Butler and Coppinger out at the start of his reign, that went well didn't it.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 21, 2018, 04:32:09 pm by scawsby steve »
  I cannot see the difference, over the last few seasons, when Coppinger has not started, we have had to bring him on about half time to try and save the game.
Don't forget  Fergie tried to leave Butler and Coppinger out at the start of his reign, that went well didn't it.

Brian, do you think Copps can do 90 minutes every game?.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 21, 2018, 04:33:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Because he's 37/38 and if you want to prolong his career you manage his game time. You don't burn him out or he'll be retired sooner.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 21, 2018, 05:05:21 pm by selby »
  Steve, no I do not, not every game especially when we  play two games a week, but, You should always start with your best eleven, and see how the game pans out, then manage the time of players on the field if needed.
 And the players coming on have to make a difference to the game ( as Kiwomya did at Southend) to force their way into the team as a starter the next game, or injury, or formation change.
 Those are the reasons I would start Coppinger, apart from posters saying it is time for Taylor to start, none have tried to explain why, other than his name is Taylor. I await with interest the explanation of why.
  We played our best football at Scunthorpe for years, Coppinger was a big part of that performance just a game ago, and he was on the field for the first half at Burton when we were the best team.
  Those who want Taylor to start explain why please. 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 21, 2018, 05:14:54 pm by dickos1 »
I think the point is we’re playing Saturday, Tuesday every week at the minute so we have to change players if we’re wanting to play the way the manager wants to, otherwise we will get poor performances every other game or so

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 21, 2018, 05:50:18 pm by selby »
  It was not tired legs that cost us the points at Burton, in fact I thought we looked the fresher side at the end of the game at Burton.
  It was bad ball control, tired mind whatever, not concentrating after the break, by Whiteman who otherwise played very well in the last two games.
  That is what we have to cut out, time management of players is completely in the managers hands.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012