Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:24:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pompy No.9  (Read 2755 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Pompy No.9
« on August 25, 2018, 05:42:53 pm by Filo »
Three clear elbows on Butler in the first 15 minutes, anyone could have been red

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Pompy No.9
« Reply #1 on August 25, 2018, 05:44:30 pm by pib »
Reyt clogger.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 25, 2018, 05:54:09 pm by jamesrover17 »
Can see why he was taken off at half time, it took Butler about 10 minutes and 3 elbows to suss him out, proper plodder

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 25, 2018, 05:56:15 pm by ravenrover »
Loved the way the ref kept telling about the fouls then finally gave him 1 last warning then booked Whiteman for his 1st foul straight after

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 25, 2018, 05:58:53 pm by Donnywolf »
Loved the way the ref kept telling about the fouls then finally gave him 1 last warning then booked Whiteman for his 1st foul straight after

Yes kn*****ds of the highest order

Number 9 and the alleged Ref

... and I wonder if they had a sense of irony singing "we only get sh*t Refs" after the way we were done by the Kitson game

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 25, 2018, 06:08:45 pm by Retdon1 »
He was awful

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 25, 2018, 06:10:00 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The ref was trash

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 25, 2018, 06:30:28 pm by roversdude »
I thought until end of first half he was a decent ref and then he got worse

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 25, 2018, 07:55:31 pm by Donnywolf »

He got his 4th decision right - the first 3 were wrong BUT I lump the Linos in with him and the West Stander barely made a decision (even throw ins) without waiting for the (alleged) Ref to decide and then agreeing with him

Overall the Ref was crap and he is always crap

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 25, 2018, 10:20:50 pm by drfchound »

He got his 4th decision right - the first 3 were wrong BUT I lump the Linos in with him and the West Stander barely made a decision (even throw ins) without waiting for the (alleged) Ref to decide and then agreeing with him

Why is it that when linesmen don’t have a clue which way to flag for a throw in until the ref makes a decision, that they then indicate themselves by raising the flag in agreement.

They just invite ridicule on themselves.

Better not to flag at all really as the ref has decided which team gets the throw.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 26, 2018, 06:01:45 am by Donnywolf »
Absolutely true all round.

Collectively Linos do it - and the West Stand one today made himself look stupid at least 3 times.

I wanted to shout "Oi Lino just make up your own mind up on the Throw ins even if you are wrong" but it seemed a little bulky so I condensed it at HT and FT to just one word - Kn******s

Immature - sure - guilty as charged but where DO they get these muppets

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 26, 2018, 10:08:46 am by Donnywolf »
Did not realise the Ref was the one that enraged our Ex Manager so much in "what do you want me to do Shoot him" episode. No wonder he was so crap yesterday. No wonder he hardly gets any points on Rate the Ref

Here is what I wrote after the "Shoot the Ref" Game (in blue as I was then and yesterday)

It is a travesty what these incompetent decisions cost people.

At the moment this "Ref" who has scored as low as 0.7 before (and wont give a shit because the  Assessor probably gave him 8 out of 10 and its him that counts) because he was rubbish v Crewe last January is eclipsing last Week "Ref" Woolmer who got a 10 times worse score with 0.07 !

Haines has amassed 0.05 Points so far with (this is novel) only yours truly giving him a Point. Speaking of a Point if he HAD given the clear cut Pen and we had scored I would have not been in such a bad mood last night - I would have got a Point in PvO for a Rovers win and in another Comp I would have been "dead on" with 2-1

OK they are just some things that have bugged me BUT the Manager Staff and Playing Staff probably lose "real" benefits for such a bad decision both in the short and probably long term

Still that good old assessor will be there to prop such idiots up

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 26, 2018, 12:34:46 pm by NickDRFC »

Why is it that when linesmen don’t have a clue which way to flag for a throw in until the ref makes a decision, that they then indicate themselves by raising the flag in agreement.

They just invite ridicule on themselves.

Better not to flag at all really as the ref has decided which team gets the throw.

Some referees are insistent with linesman that they are in charge and they should look out for the ref’s signal with throw ins.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 26, 2018, 12:57:16 pm by selby »
  Then they are idiots, the same with penalties,if they think they can cover 48 yards by 18 yards at each end of the field without help from a lino they are deluded idiots.
   All the officials should take a full part in the proceedings, and their job would be made so much easier for themselves, and better for the spectators.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 26, 2018, 01:43:55 pm by The Red Baron »
I've heard of referees who tell their assistants only to flag for throw-ins and offsides. I think they are stupid. Yes, you don't want assistants getting involved in every decision, especially if the referee is better placed to see, but they are qualified referees and should be giving more than line decisions.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 26, 2018, 02:09:38 pm by RedJ »
I've heard of referees who tell their assistants only to flag for throw-ins and offsides. I think they are stupid. Yes, you don't want assistants getting involved in every decision, especially if the referee is better placed to see, but they are qualified referees and should be giving more than line decisions.

Some referees will only 'allow' their assistants to make decisions in their 'quarter' of the pitch as well. Even if they're in a better position to see the incident.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012