Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:16:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57368 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« on August 27, 2018, 07:22:08 pm by Alickismyhero »
Just been chatting on the Morecambe forum and asked for their opinions on Mandy so far.

with comments like:

"Looked a bit lazy first couple of games, but has dug in and is now looking fitter. He's been playing most of the time and for me, is putting a real shift in.
Jim Bentley is good at handling these type of lads and he seems to be enjoying it and behaving himself"

"He is beginning to look a quality player and his fitness seems to improve with each game"

No bad comments so far........Mandy is doing OK...........I intend to watch him play in Sept

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 02:48:01 pm by Alickismyhero »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK
« Reply #1 on August 27, 2018, 07:57:08 pm by Campsall rover »
That’s good to hear. I do think with the right attitude and the right manager pushing him he will be a very good player. Ability is not in question imo

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 27, 2018, 08:07:26 pm by Alickismyhero »
Camps,

I totally agree.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 27, 2018, 08:51:04 pm by selby »
  Well, when we sent him out, we got rid of the best finisher at the club ( Fergies words not mine by the way ) and we could have done with a good finisher last weekend.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 27, 2018, 11:06:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Yes, he's scored 1 goal in 6 appearances. How shit must McCann be to miss out on such a prolific scorer, despite it being in a lower league.

f**king rubbish Bramhall!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 27, 2018, 11:11:42 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
If Mandy is losing a bit of his excess weight, getting sharper, getting his head together, he could come good. It was the best move for him to go on a season loan where he could get that regular game time. He's a fair bit to go before he'd be in contention for a contract extension, assuming he wanted it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 27, 2018, 11:15:38 pm by selby »
  Reel em in, Don't bother with the bait.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 27, 2018, 11:27:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
In all seriousness, I don't think Mandeville is dedicated to the cause of professional football. I don't even think it was his main ambition to be a professional footballer. Isn't he more into law or something?

I get the impression he's just going through the motions of an easy life in professional football and when he's too old for that he'll go into his main ambition.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 27, 2018, 11:39:56 pm by selby »
  You could be right BB, i was told he had a law degree qualification, but don't really know.
   Probably why him and Fergie didn't understand each other.

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 28, 2018, 04:08:35 am by richtherover »
Maybe he is a law unto himself

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 28, 2018, 07:24:04 am by drfchound »
He obviously has ability but in all honesty, he never did enough consistently at DRFC to impress me.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 28, 2018, 07:38:55 am by selby »
  That goal he scored for them in the cup game at Preston was class though, very well taken.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 28, 2018, 07:42:59 am by drfchound »
  That goal he scored for them in the cup game at Preston was class though, very well taken.

Yes it was.
That turn and shot at the Emirates was as good as anything you are likely to see too.
But as I said, he didn’t show any consistency.
Harry Forrester used to do brilliant stuff now and again but he got moved on too.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 28, 2018, 07:48:32 am by German Rover »
  You could be right BB, i was told he had a law degree qualification, but don't really know.

Or why Fergus felt threatened by him?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 28, 2018, 08:00:16 am by selby »
  You may have a point hound, but when they have that class in them, do you just blank them, make life difficult, give up on them, or man manage them and try and get the best out of them?
  I don't have much admiration of Fergie's treatment of some of the younger players who were coming through while he was here, it did not only affect their play, it affected them off the field as well, and not just the youngsters, older players like Williams were treated badly, and to the cost of the club.
  Grant cannot be held responsible for anything with regard to what he inherited on this matter.
   Having said that, Mandeville for an intelligent lad should have had more about him as to get into the situation in the first place. He had it all in front of him and has let us the supporters down.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 28, 2018, 08:03:23 am by Alickismyhero »
There is something wrong with Mandy is it lack of maturity? could it be he is an intelligent boy who is difficult to cope with in debate? who knows.

When it comes to lack of consistency in the clips of games I have seen he looks fine to me but I will get a better picture when I hope to watch him play on the 8th September. If you read the comments made by Morecombe supporters they don't mention lack of
consistency they say...

….."Puts a shift in"

"Looks a quality player"

"Fitness improving"

The kid has got his head down and my fingers are crossed that he stays clear of injury because I think he can prove a lot of doubters on this forum wrong.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 28, 2018, 08:14:45 am by GazLaz »
Player playing regularly improves fitness and consistency shocker. 

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 28, 2018, 08:51:04 am by NickDRFC »

I don’t think he’s actually got any sort of qualification, more that he was just quite academic at school and didn’t expect to have a possible career in football until late on:

“I actually wanted to be a lawyer or an investment banker. I did all right at school and I thought I'd go down that route”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38307096

What strikes me most looking back at that article is the mutual respect that DF and Mandeville seemed to have at one point - Ferguson praises Mandeville’s attitude, work rate and mentality, all of which have been questioned on here since, even in this thread. That respect seemingly went sideways pretty quickly.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 28, 2018, 10:40:04 am by DonnyOsmond »
Maybe that award went to his head.

"I've made it" mentality.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 28, 2018, 02:31:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Will be very interesting to hear his take on what's happened. One day...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 28, 2018, 02:53:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I feel a bit sorry for Mandy. He came and he gave without taking, and then they sent him away.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 29, 2018, 08:36:52 am by The Red Baron »
To think we let him go and kept that waste of space Kiwomya!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 29, 2018, 09:32:57 am by Chris Black come back »
Have yet to see anything in Kiwomya - granted he had that very serious illness - but this looks like another questionable legacy from our former manager.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 29, 2018, 11:30:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I feel a bit sorry for Mandy. He came and he gave without taking, and then they sent him away.

Genius.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 29, 2018, 11:36:04 am by steve@dcfd »
Have yet to see anything in Kiwomya - granted he had that very serious illness - but this looks like another questionable legacy from our former manager.
He’s certainly not the same player I saw on videos before his illness. Whether it’s all about confidence or ability or he’s still not physically right I’m not sure but it appears the decision DF made to sign him was dubious.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 29, 2018, 01:06:43 pm by dickos1 »

Similar to...
Mason, Andrew, marquis, whiteman, Blair, wright, Rowe,

Bloody rubbish signings fergie

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 29, 2018, 01:34:59 pm by drfchound »

The lad is nesh in the highest degree, pulls out of 50/50 challenges all the time and appears to be lazy too.
None of these traits can be put down to his illness of last season.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 29, 2018, 05:51:01 pm by Alickismyhero »
More comments on Mandy from Morecombe. I have noticed there has not been one bad comment about him, the kids doing great, as the saying goes.

………………………………………………………………..

Improving in fitness with every game. Looks dejected when we don't deserve to be defeated ie v Oldham.
Get the impression that he's the type of player who needs a managerial cuddle every now and then. Seem low on confidence at the start but is now gaining more in every game knowing that he will be in the starting 11 for every game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not had a player like Manderville for years, very comfortable on the ball, controlling the ball, reminds me a little of Carl Baker , and has a couple of his “moves”,

………………………………………………………………………………………….

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 29, 2018, 05:57:50 pm by Copps is Magic »
All of these comments from the Morecombe fans just confirm what we already knew. He needs to put in some consistent performances and show a consistent improvement in attitude.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 29, 2018, 05:57:58 pm by bpoolrover »
We could of done with him last night, would have given us a different option upfront

TinyPortal © 2005-2012