Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:36:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If you went to Bristol Rovers away.  (Read 4836 times)

DINGLE

• Forum Member
If you went to Bristol Rovers away.
« on April 28, 2019, 07:54:03 pm by DINGLE »
Can you remember if they had a bar serving alcohol?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: If you went to Bristol Rovers away.
« Reply #1 on April 28, 2019, 08:09:54 pm by Donnywolf »

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 28, 2019, 08:22:14 pm by southwestexile »
Went last year and no beer then. In fact, don't expect much luxury at all

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 28, 2019, 08:23:17 pm by DINGLE »
Bugger, thanks pal, that looks a useful site.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 28, 2019, 08:32:24 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Bristol Rovers has a good share of muppets for big days. I'd avoid pubs anywhere near the ground, especially if you're wearing colours or you're loud, and go to a pub in the centre if you're there by public transport. If you're going by car, more over to Whiteladies Road/Clifton.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 28, 2019, 08:33:58 pm by idler »
There was a pub 5/10 minute walk away up the hill opposite the car park.
Busy but decent and a range of hand pulled ales on.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 28, 2019, 08:40:12 pm by tyke1962 »
Loads of tykes have purchased tickets online for the home areas next saturday evening .

I sincerely hope there's no trouble and it spoils a potentially great day for us .

Really small allocation given by Bristol Rovers which is understandable given the capacity of the stadium , 1200 I believe which was never going to be enough given the importance of the game .

Fingers crossed everything turns out ok .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 28, 2019, 08:47:10 pm by Donnywolf »
Bugger, thanks pal, that looks a useful site.

It is a great site to use. The best one of its type I think

I also use CAMRA What Pub as well if I am off on manhoovers manoeveres manouveres off for a good Pint somewhere
They have to be at least as good as Arcade Alehouse or Old Number 7 and usually of course they are not !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 28, 2019, 08:47:40 pm by RedJ »
Loads of tykes have purchased tickets online for the home areas next saturday evening .

I sincerely hope there's no trouble and it spoils a potentially great day for us .

Really small allocation given by Bristol Rovers which is understandable given the capacity of the stadium , 1200 I believe which was never going to be enough given the importance of the game .

Not really fair considering you've got more of em to cross, is it? ;)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 28, 2019, 10:43:01 pm by roversdude »
Lots of places to get ambushed Dingle so be careful

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 28, 2019, 11:30:15 pm by Herman Hessian »
Can you remember if they had a bar serving alcohol?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

no - but the sausage rolls from the hut on the away terracing are spectacular !

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 29, 2019, 07:05:09 am by DINGLE »
Lots of places to get ambushed Dingle so be careful

We should be alright, we’re taking a thousand or so,  and a few hundred in their end so safety in numbers and all that, a fair few are going down without tickets too for the weekend watching in pubs if on sky.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:09:20 am by DINGLE »

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 29, 2019, 07:28:47 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I’d echo what others have said in the thread Dingle. It can be a dodgy old place Bristol with some real rum characters around. Definitely don’t go in any pubs near the ground. Bristol is the only place that I’ve seen police horses on the terrace (though that was City as opposed to Rovers)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 29, 2019, 08:18:17 pm by tyke1962 »
I’d echo what others have said in the thread Dingle. It can be a dodgy old place Bristol with some real rum characters around. Definitely don’t go in any pubs near the ground. Bristol is the only place that I’ve seen police horses on the terrace (though that was City as opposed to Rovers)

Reds fans in practice session before hitting the Bristol Rovers terraces on saturday evening .

https://youtu.be/btEpF334Rtc

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 29, 2019, 08:43:52 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Reds fans in practice session before hitting the Bristol Rovers terraces on saturday evening .

https://youtu.be/btEpF334Rtc

Singing that on the Gas terraces would seal your fate.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 29, 2019, 09:59:37 pm by wilts rover »
Bristol Rovers has a good share of muppets for big days. I'd avoid pubs anywhere near the ground, especially if you're wearing colours or you're loud, and go to a pub in the centre if you're there by public transport. If you're going by car, more over to Whiteladies Road/Clifton.

Blimey Clifton when have you ever drunk in Clifton! Send 'em over to Westbury or Keynsham why don't you, they might get back to Horfield for half-time.

I think the pub Idler is referring to is The Wellington? No chance of getting in there if you have colours on, but if you are discreet they might let you in. They will have extra security on the door if they are expecting a big crowd as will most of the places on Gloucester Road.

You could try the Gloucester Old Spot on Kellaway Avenue (further beyond the Wellington, past the green and Tesco) or the Lazy Dog on Ashley Down Road. If you go a bit further down that road (past the college and cricket ground) on the other side of the allotments is a local craft brewery. Not been in but I know they have a tap room and do brewery tours on a Saturday afternoon http://wiperandtrue.com/

But I would also echo what other people have said. They have a right set of muppets follow the Gas and don't expect much sympathy from the local plod if you are in the home ends.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 29, 2019, 10:09:45 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Blimey Clifton when have you ever drunk in Clifton! Send 'em over to Westbury or Keynsham why don't you, they might get back to Horfield for half-time.
I live there, well, on the border (no fence). A ten min drive from Clifton to the Mem Stadium, less from Whiteladies Road. No probs with wearing colours.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 29, 2019, 10:15:54 pm by idler »

I think the pub Idler is referring to is The Wellington? No chance of getting in there if you have colours on, but if you are discreet they might let you in. They will have extra security on the door if they are expecting a big crowd as will most of the places on Gloucester Road.

You could try the Gloucester Old Spot on Kellaway Avenue (further beyond the Wellington, past the green and Tesco) or the Lazy Dog on Ashley Down Road. If you go a bit further down that road (past the college and cricket ground) on the other side of the allotments is a local craft brewery. Not been in but I know they have a tap room and do brewery tours on a Saturday afternoon http://wiperandtrue.com/

But I would also echo what other people have said. They have a right set of muppets follow the Gas and don't expect much sympathy from the local plod if you are in the home ends.
I don't think that I had my Rovers shirt on that day but think one or two off our bus went in with them on.
It was obviously a lower crowd though.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 30, 2019, 09:28:10 am by DINGLE »
I can’t see any trouble kicking off to be honest, You’ve to be dotted about not all stood together and it’ll be fine.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 01, 2019, 12:15:52 pm by Axholme Lion »

So when it kicks off it won't be Barnsley's fault as usual?

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 01, 2019, 01:27:48 pm by elmsallrover »
Can't see as many going now there up

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 01, 2019, 01:30:35 pm by IDM »
Can't see as many going now there up

Really.?? There’s a promotion to celebrate with the team, and a potential championship to win..

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 05, 2019, 10:00:32 am by tyke1962 »
Reports coming in from Tykes who were in the home areas yesterday is that it was good natured and friendly and no trouble what so ever .

Many were sussed out early doors but none the less everything went off perfectly fine .

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 05, 2019, 10:12:43 am by idler »
That's just how it should be tyke.
Good luck for next season.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 05, 2019, 10:53:18 am by sheffield exile1 »

I bet you are referring to I think 1981? Madness that day they had just come down we had just gone up to 3rd tier.. I think a horse was actually punched that day.. very scary..however I think we came back to 2-2 but memory isn't what it was...glad to get back to the bus

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 05, 2019, 11:26:19 am by roversdude »
Went on the train to that one and we were severely outnumbered on the platform and got a silver medal

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 05, 2019, 03:06:15 pm by RedRover45 »

I bet you are referring to I think 1981? Madness that day they had just come down we had just gone up to 3rd tier.. I think a horse was actually punched that day.. very scary..however I think we came back to 2-2 but memory isn't what it was...glad to get back to the bus

That was Bristol City but everything else is bang on. Was a very hot day as I recall.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012