Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:37:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57401 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK further update.
« Reply #180 on October 04, 2018, 10:31:17 pm by Alan Southstand »
Watch the video from the Plymouth lad and you'll see it wasn't that easy a chance and it somewhat came at him quickly. If anyone should have scored, it was Wilks!

If Mandy had put in in half the effort, that Alfie has put in whilst he's been here, I strongly believe he would still be here. It's seems it's everyone else's fault, bar the lad himself. He has been an absolute fool to himself, much like you are making yourself look, Selby, by this incessant fawning over a player, who was deemed surplus to requirements by the very manager that is being hailed as somewhat of a Messiah!

Get over it, man. If he does well away from here, then good for him. Perhaps the penny might have dropped at long last!

Jesus. Can we not just freeze this thread as I think the vast majority are sick to the back teeth of reading about it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on October 04, 2018, 11:33:24 pm by selby »
  Steve, who the hell do you think you are calling me an absolute fool. For every post I have made in Mandevilles  defence you have taken the high ground and dished it out to him.
   I have never made one personal comment about you, although I disagree with you about May and Mandy. As a paying customer of the Rovers and this being a forum I defend my right to say what I want on any subject, whether you agree or not.
  So my friend, my answer to you involves sex and travel, I have made it easy for you to work out.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on October 04, 2018, 11:36:50 pm by RedJ »
  Steve, who the hell do you think you are calling me an absolute fool. For every post I have made in Mandevilles  defence you have taken the high ground and dished it out to him.
   I have never made one personal comment about you, although I disagree with you about May and Mandy. As a paying customer of the Rovers and this being a forum I defend my right to say what I want on any subject, whether you agree or not.
  So my friend, my answer to you involves sex and travel, I have made it easy for you to work out.

You want to go and have sex with Liam Mandeville? I knew it all along.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on October 05, 2018, 03:38:42 am by scawsby steve »

Do you mean me when you say Steve?; if so you owe me an apology, as I have never called you a fool. Go back and check again and then you'll see who it was who called you a fool.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on October 05, 2018, 08:00:17 am by Alickismyhero »
I would object most strongly if this topic was removed from the forum.

I started this topic not Selby. I rate Mandy and the point of me starting this topic is to keep everyone informed of his form at Morecambe otherwise he would be a forgotten entity.

OK things are getting a little heated,you can still disagree but can you try a little harder and do it intelligently and respectful?

In other words,

Grow up

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on October 05, 2018, 08:42:00 am by Alickismyhero »
Another comment from Morecambe,

He would be a great signing for us next year. The problem is that the better he plays the more likely it is that a club with money will poach him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I have just been accused of being his agent!

--------------------------------------------------------

I have no connection with Mandy at all except I rate him very highly

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on October 05, 2018, 09:11:34 am by selby »
Steve, I  apologize unreservedly my comment was in response to Alan Southstand, who if he takes umbrance at my postings does not have to read them.
  Nick and Redj also. They were scathing at the start of last season when they wanted him out of the team, it looks as if they can dish it out on a computer, make remarks that insult, and do not debate,just try to be clever.
   If that is what they want to do they can, it is not hard to drop down to their level.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on October 05, 2018, 10:31:37 am by RedJ »
Steve, I  apologize unreservedly my comment was in response to Alan Southstand, who if he takes umbrance at my postings does not have to read them.
  Nick and Redj also. They were scathing at the start of last season when they wanted him out of the team, it looks as if they can dish it out on a computer, make remarks that insult, and do not debate,just try to be clever.
   If that is what they want to do they can, it is not hard to drop down to their level.

Well first of all, I wanted him out of the team because he looked shite and lazy.

Secondly, it was a joke, but if you choose to take that as a personal insult, have at it.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on October 05, 2018, 11:01:01 am by wing commander »
   I rate Mandeville very highly, and am fully behind keeping a close eye on here on how he is progressing and like Selby says, if you don't want to read about it then don't..It's a forum for all not just for certain individuals to decide what is discussed..

As regards Liam,it's pretty obvious it's what's in his head thats the root of his problems rather than the talent he has..I chatted to him once when things were going really well for him here,and I got the impression he didn't even like playing football,he just didn't seem excited about it...it was almost like he had stumbled upon something he was good at but it was like going to work to him..

Of coure we never saw him in training or were privy to his chats with the old manager but GM certainly seemed to make his mind up on him early so he obviously took direction from the existing coaches..

Maybe it's not Football coaching he needs,but a mental coach,a bit like Ronnie has at snooker..

Forum Admin

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on October 05, 2018, 11:06:11 am by Forum Admin »
To those who are unhappy with this thread, our advice is don't read it.

To those having a pop at the moderators for not locking this thread need to realise they don't speak for the readership of this forum.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on October 05, 2018, 11:41:55 am by Alickismyhero »
Thank you moderator it is the right decision to leave this topic open.

More views on Mandy from Morecambe...………..

Our only hope of signing him is if Doncaster announce that he won't be getting a renewed contract, in January,* thus allowing us to offer him a contract from next summer. If they offer him a contract, even if he doesn't sign it, then Doncaster will get money for him. If they don't announce anything in January, then we'd not be able to offer him anything then either, unless we're prepared to pay compensation. If it goes until his contract runs out next summer and he's then released, he'll be touted around all over the place and we won't be able to afford him.

Our best hope is that Doncaster allow us to offer a contract in January on the basis that he'd be released by them, and he believes that coming to us is the best way to revive his career. If not, then we need to just enjoy having hime here until next summer.

*I'm assuming his Doncaster contract runs out next summer?
“We have far more in common than that which divides us".

--------------------------------------------------------

Not wanting to be pessimistic but I fear we may not get to enjoy him until the Summer. If he continues impressing for us you would think other clubs would be in for him in January when his loan deal expires.

----------------------------------------------------------

No question about signing him if at all possible. It's not every day that we get the chance to offer such a player a contract BUT I suspect that his agent will possibly get him a lucrative deal elsewhere BUT would Mandy be happy and guaranteed first team action week in week out as he will with our club? I heard that money has never been the driving force with Mandy and that he's a career in law if things ever went pear shape so maybe the assurance of regular action could be the deciding factor?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:01:56 pm by Alickismyhero »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on October 05, 2018, 11:52:36 am by Alickismyhero »
   I rate Mandeville very highly, and am fully behind keeping a close eye on here on how he is progressing and like Selby says, if you don't want to read about it then don't..It's a forum for all not just for certain individuals to decide what is discussed..

As regards Liam,it's pretty obvious it's what's in his head thats the root of his problems rather than the talent he has..I chatted to him once when things were going really well for him here,and I got the impression he didn't even like playing football,he just didn't seem excited about it...it was almost like he had stumbled upon something he was good at but it was like going to work to him..

Of coure we never saw him in training or were privy to his chats with the old manager but GM certainly seemed to make his mind up on him early so he obviously took direction from the existing coaches..

Maybe it's not Football coaching he needs,but a mental coach,a bit like Ronnie has at snooker..

WC, I think he just needs a manager who knows what buttons to press to get the best out of him. I was greatly impressed the last game I watched Mandy which just happened to be against Swindon. I never realised at the time it was Luke McCormick in goal I would have loved to have seen Mandy get the winner but he never, that's life.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on October 05, 2018, 11:55:33 am by RoversAlias »
I thought he was on a season-long loan there, if it's just til January then I'd like to see him given a chance by McCann providing he continues to perform for Morecambe until then.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on October 05, 2018, 12:25:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Surprised we didn't make it a six month loan with the option to extend. If he keeps up good form then there's no reason why he could play in that front 3.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on October 05, 2018, 12:30:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I thought he was on a season-long loan there, if it's just til January then I'd like to see him given a chance by McCann providing he continues to perform for Morecambe until then.

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/mandeville-joins-morecambe-on-loan/

Season long loan

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on October 05, 2018, 12:58:40 pm by RedJ »
I'd be surprised if the option to recall in January isn't there if needs be.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on October 05, 2018, 01:09:41 pm by NickDRFC »

Two words - Curtis Main

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on October 05, 2018, 01:33:35 pm by The Red Baron »

We didn't have an option in Lund's loan to recall him last January. It is something Ferguson said he regretted as he played little football for them and we could have tried to find him another club for the second half of the season. If the lessons have been learned there will be some sort of break clause in January. Presumably the same with Garratt.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on October 05, 2018, 01:50:20 pm by phil old leake »
Obviously there is a difference in opinion about mandeville.  I personally got the impression that it all started to go wrong when DF got an arse on with him
I could well imagine that it wouldn’t have been too hard to fall out with Ferguson
Sometimes he came across very arrogant
I’ve seen LM play really well and hopefully that will continue.  He’d be better off staying where he is this season at least he’s getting games.  He’d come back here and be warming the bench. I couldn’t see him replacing Wilks unless he gets recalled

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on October 05, 2018, 02:13:40 pm by scawsby steve »

Apology accepted Brian. It's not so much your praise of Mandeville that ruffles feathers, it's your berating of May and Taylor; as someone said in another thread, why call individual players out for criticism, when the team is playing so well?.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on October 05, 2018, 02:43:31 pm by Alickismyhero »
Obviously there is a difference in opinion about mandeville.  I personally got the impression that it all started to go wrong when DF got an arse on with him
I could well imagine that it wouldn’t have been too hard to fall out with Ferguson
Sometimes he came across very arrogant
I’ve seen LM play really well and hopefully that will continue.  He’d be better off staying where he is this season at least he’s getting games.  He’d come back here and be warming the bench. I couldn’t see him replacing Wilks unless he gets recalled

Phil,
 I don't see Mandy coming back but you cannot compare Wilks with Mandy. I have watched Mandy recently and he could have been a great asset to our team. Mandy is quite exceptional at unlocking defences and scoring the occasional goal. If you look at the last link I put up Mandy had a key role in both Morecambe's goals. In the previous game he also scored. If he was my son I would advise him to stay at Morecambe as he seems to be enjoying his time there even though the manager plays him in the wrong position.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« Reply #201 on October 05, 2018, 04:16:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
On a related matter - what is happening with Mitchell Lund at present?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on October 05, 2018, 05:32:25 pm by The Red Baron »
On a related matter - what is happening with Mitchell Lund at present?

He's cover for Mason. I guess he'll get a chance next Tuesday in the Chaka Khan.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on October 05, 2018, 05:42:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on October 06, 2018, 03:20:23 pm by Alickismyhero »
Mandy up date in todays game:

13MIN

Mandy  Opened up the Tranmere defence  and Oates SCORES!

Not sure that is right but Mandy gets another assist to his name.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:09:47 pm by Alickismyhero »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on October 13, 2018, 07:58:34 pm by Alickismyhero »
Mandy gets another assist to his name and it looks like Morecambe are turning the corner to their season, in great part due to Mandy's contribution.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/morecambe/11525422/carlisle-0-2-morecambe

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on October 13, 2018, 08:18:26 pm by The Red Baron »
Mandy gets another assist to his name and it looks like Morecambe are turning the corner to their season, in great part due to Mandy's contribution.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/morecambe/11525422/carlisle-0-2-morecambe

I had them nailed on for relegation but they are doing well. Think maybe we should let Mandy stay with them for the rest of the season but offer him another contract. I still think he's the heir to Copps, but I'm not sure you can play both in the same team.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on October 13, 2018, 08:28:43 pm by Alickismyhero »

I had them nailed on for relegation but they are doing well. Think maybe we should let Mandy stay with them for the rest of the season but offer him another contract. I still think he's the heir to Copps, but I'm not sure you can play both in the same team.

Red,
I really would go along with that with exception of Mandy coming back, I just can't see it, stranger things do happen in football. As far as I am aware Mandy is there for the season so he will be a free agent then.

Actually you don't se Mandy's assist in that clip, he took the corner, in fact, he takes all the free kicks as well.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on October 13, 2018, 08:45:54 pm by Dare to dream! »
What a great job Jim Bentley is doing with them

TinyPortal © 2005-2012