Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:28:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57355 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« Reply #450 on December 22, 2018, 07:38:41 pm by Alickismyhero »
Nick, with due respect, why does it matter that I have found time to research this topic?

FYI I listened to the Donny game and I was a little disappointed with the result and the performance.

When you look at the stats of the topic there has been a tremendous interest in "How Mandy is doing" All I have done is to research the supporters comments  and let our supporters, that are interested, know.

The only interest I have in Morecambe is that one our players is there on loan. I would like to think that when I pass a comment on Mandy I am in a position of authority because I have watched him play . I have watched him play once this season and I intend to watch him again when they play Northampton in January.

You may ask why do I not go to watch Donny?

I am a full time carer for my wife and I get limited time off. We were on holiday in the Lake District when I first went to watch Mandy play, just down the road from where I was staying. I hope to get to the Northampton game because its 50mins away. When I go to watch Donny at home games its a 320mile round trip. You can't believe the time it takes to arrange going to games but that's where my family come in to play.

I do the research because I am interested and print it for the Donny supporters that are also interested.

Those of our supporters that are not interested please pass the topic by.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 07:48:19 pm by Alickismyhero »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #451 on December 22, 2018, 07:40:04 pm by selby »
  Beestin was not in their squad for Chesterfield today, and well done Kiwomya

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #452 on December 22, 2018, 07:45:20 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
  Beestin was not in their squad for Chesterfield today, and well done Kiwomya

He was. Came on as sub at half time.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #453 on December 22, 2018, 08:23:22 pm by drfchound »
McCullough played 90 minutes for Tranmere.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:47:23 pm by drfchound »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #454 on December 22, 2018, 08:35:34 pm by Alickismyhero »
https://www.skysports.com/football/morecambe-vs-cambridge-u/report/393918

Mandy set up the second goal and was involved with the build up for the 3rd goal. Not a bad contribution when you consider he came off the bench at 56mins!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #455 on December 22, 2018, 08:43:21 pm by selby »
  BRR, I thought I had missed him after reading your post but when checking the BBC report it says in the  line ups that a player was subbed on 46 mins, but no name of the player replacing him is printed, as he is not named in the unused subbs 
 I thought he was not in the squad.

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #456 on December 22, 2018, 10:35:19 pm by drfcdrfc »
At first, this thread was interesting. Now, it's just getting weird. If I was Mandeville I would have a rape alarm close by. You never know.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #457 on December 23, 2018, 10:39:54 am by Bezza »
Mandeville wont play for us again, why not follow Kiwomya a player finding his form at Chesterfield who could come back and be good for us.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #458 on December 23, 2018, 11:12:57 am by selby »
  Bezza, I agree he Won't play for us again, but it does not alter the fact some people are interested in how he does, both now and in the future, so what is the problem with having a thread discussing it. If you are not interested don't read it or take the time to comment on it.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #459 on December 23, 2018, 11:15:20 am by sha66y »
Why comment on this thread negatively, ...either pass it by or just read it as a topic of interest...
I love my team but will always look for tidbits and snippets relating to ex DRFC players, it’s just interesting
So as the author says ... if you are not interested in Mandeville’s match reports, just jog on by and fill your boots with a topic more palletable to your taste.... by commenting negatively you are showing an unsavoury personality trait

Just saying.... ( carry on Alick)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #460 on December 23, 2018, 11:18:15 am by sha66y »
At first, this thread was interesting. Now, it's just getting weird. If I was Mandeville I would have a rape alarm close by. You never know.

That’s Mature ! ...lol

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #461 on December 23, 2018, 11:25:16 am by Alickismyhero »
Bazza,

Please, do start a topic on any or all of our players out on loan. I will certainly be interested to follow it and contribute comments for debate.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #462 on December 23, 2018, 11:30:43 am by Alickismyhero »

I would like to know exactly what you are suggesting my friend!

I have decided to take it you mean the comment to be taken as funny and light hearted?

Personally I think it was in bad taste.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #463 on December 23, 2018, 11:38:25 am by Alickismyhero »
https://www.skysports.com/football/morecambe-vs-cambridge-u/report/393918

Mandy set up the second goal and was involved with the build up for the 3rd goal. Not a bad contribution when you consider he came off the bench at 56mins!

Freak!

Knockers,
Its hard to debate a comment when its a probably a sarcastic one word comment. By all means if you think I am a freak and you feel strongly about it PM me and tell me why!

My responses have always been respectful and will remain so, sometimes provocative but never disrespectful.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #464 on December 23, 2018, 11:47:01 am by DonnyOsmond »
Mandeville wont play for us again, why not follow Kiwomya a player finding his form at Chesterfield who could come back and be good for us.

They're both doing well. Mandeville is younger and doing well in a league higher than Kiwomya so not sure what you're drawing that conclusion on.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #465 on December 23, 2018, 12:18:55 pm by Alickismyhero »
DO,

Personally I don't think Mandy will be coming back to Donny due to the fact we have at least two players to replace Mandy brought in by GM. Some of the football I have seen Mandy play this season has been superb and convinces me he is good enough for Donny.

As I have said before if Mandy was my son he wouldn't be coming back. He is doing well and enjoying playing for Morecombe. My guess is that a 1st division team will take him at the end of the season but football is a funny old game he could be at Donny next season.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #466 on December 23, 2018, 12:26:20 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
THAT Bl00dy sky ticker was at it again 3 Morecambe goals - yes three - and his name wasn't there  :crying:

is it possible to sell him for a nominal amount in January and put on say a 50% sell on fee  (and hope he doesn't do a Steve Bull)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #467 on December 23, 2018, 02:54:34 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
  BRR, I thought I had missed him after reading your post but when checking the BBC report it says in the  line ups that a player was subbed on 46 mins, but no name of the player replacing him is printed, as he is not named in the unused subbs 
 I thought he was not in the squad.

It's in the "Live Text" easy to scroll down to 46 mins :)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46576289

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #468 on December 24, 2018, 10:28:14 pm by Alickismyhero »
Happy Christmas everyone

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #469 on December 29, 2018, 11:12:38 pm by Alickismyhero »
Not many comments so far but here they are:

I thought it was a good result for Morecambe 0-0 against Colchester who are in 4th place.

Mandy subbed after 73 mins, a good idea when you consider the manager gives him a defensive role and he's not up to it.

With supporters asking for the managers head and the players being paid late again it doesn't look good for Mandy at Morecambe

--------------------------------------------

He's a good sub to change the game.

-----------------------------------------------

He looked to be a skilful but frustrating player in the Tranmere game. He got into some positions but there was very little output. His dead ball kicks were not very good and I couldn’t work out why someone else didn’t take the corners.

---------------------------------------

https://www.skysports.com/football/colchester-vs-morecambe/report/393938

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 11:18:47 pm by Alickismyhero »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #470 on December 30, 2018, 09:43:26 am by RedJ »
Bless him, doesn't want to do the grafting. :(

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #471 on January 20, 2019, 05:04:13 pm by Alickismyhero »
These are the latest comments on Mandy.

Mandy is going through a bad time at the moment and it seems to me that the manager is setting the team up not to lose at the expense of creativity, which is of course, Mandy's strength! Many of the comments made on their forum are directed at the Manager and wanting his head. You could say its character building for Mandy or will it destroy the kids confidence, time will tell.

He was decent, wasn't his best game but not his worst. His quality always shines through, but sometimes he struggles to find the end-product - it's not always his fault, movement isn't great around him.
------------------------------------------------------------

Got a bit frustrated and got a booking, but Jim seems wary of giving him a full 90 minutes anyway. Normally we really miss him and his creativity when he goes off, but today I think his impact was diminished.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Same again yesterday. Taken off shortly into the second half, I really thought he was making a name for himself a few weeks ago, but has disappeared off the radar, as have many others.
----------------------------------------------------------

Mandeville coming off yesterday was "Tactical"

We went 4-3-3 and there's no way Mandy is better in a Midfield 3 than Tutte, Mills, Cranston.

Also Mandy was subbed for Bennett so the new lad could lead the line.

Although you argue Mandy could of stayed on for Oats who typically starts blowing out if steam after 60mins.

The lad has been in and out of the team for a couple of months now which has done him no good. He seems to be Jim's fall guy if things need changing. I watched him charge round closing three players down with no Red shirt within 20 yards of him to help. He threw his arms in the air and bollocked his team mates. He is a creative player playing in the most dour workmanlike system you could ever wish to see. When he used to link with Aj and Reece, he looked a class above but now he is just expected to be another carthorse.

Cranston was wasted on the wing and should and has been playing excellently in the centre of midfield, so why change him in yet another team formation ? And then our manager gets on the backs of players calling them from the touchline. Is it any wonder they look clueless at times when one dictat is then followed by another.... and then another.....and another etc etc etc.

When Bennett came on i just seen us go 4-3-3 with 2 banks of 3 and quite liked it.

Kenyon came on to go in Midfield, Cranston just pushed futher up on the left of a front 3, thats how it looked to me
-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a bit behind on some instructions, I understand close down, get closer, tighter, stop the cross, second ball, seconds, don't be beat, but can someone please explain what "shuffle" means - Cranston was asked to do this on a couple of occasions.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Is shuffle the new Squuuuuuueeeeeeeeze?

I can understand 2 players being asked to shuffle, but not one, maybe Jordan is leader of the pack?
-----------------------------------------------

With or without injuries, our team seems to be juggled every week, our players must be confused (as I am at times) with what their jobs and positions are.
Sadly, stability isn't something we do at MFC.
We await for our next instalment on Saturday, cya there.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:03:59 pm by Alickismyhero »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #472 on January 20, 2019, 06:01:33 pm by drfchound »
Don’t see the relevance to Mandeville of the last five comments.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #473 on January 20, 2019, 06:59:33 pm by Alickismyhero »
I put it in for two reasons

1. I don't just put the good comments about Mandy they all go in.
2. It gave a slight indication of the opinions of supporters about their manager with a tinge of humour.

What does "Shuffle" mean? the manager shouts it out to players, no one seems to know! including the players, I am not saying the manager is loud but you can hear him think.

I fear for the managers job prospects and when you couple that with players not being payed on time, it won't be long, the club is in great danger of going out of business.

I hope not but I am hoping to see them play next week.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #474 on February 20, 2019, 07:44:46 am by Alickismyhero »
Update.

I get the impression that the Morecambe manager is setting up his team not to lose expecting all his players to be behind the ball when defending. That's where Mandy suffers his tackling lets him down but when he is encouraged to get forward and pass the ball intelligently he is worth his weight in gold hence the winner in this game. Mandy's passing is excellent by anyone's standard.

--------------------------------------------------

I didn't get there tonight but reports are that he was excellent and assisted with the last minute winner.
A little bit of the “Mande magic,” at the end of an excellent, battling, determined team performance, made sure we took the 3 pts we deserved.
Hopefully it will re-energise his confidence, and he gets back to showing more of the quality that he most definitely has.
COYS.

The Oldham fans are praising him on their forum.

I hope we can sign him permanently.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mandy only got on for a cameo. Initially when he came on the game was at a crucial point and was a bit all hands to the pumps. We had them pressed back in their half and he let one of their defenders escape rather too easily with not so much as a challenge, when he could have put a foot in. At that point I was of the attitude that he wasn't getting into the battle like the rest. However he quickly warmed to the task and his coup de grace at the end to skin two Oldham defenders and put it on a plate for Collins to bag the winner was pure class. I haven't seen enough of him to form a definitive opinion but what he did at the end was a game changer and he obviously has massive ability when he applies it to best effect.

---------------------------------------------
BBC Match report

Home substitute Urko Vera was superbly kept out by Halstead and the final twist came on the stroke of 90 minutes as Liam Mandeville set up Collins to slot home and snatch victory.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 03:58:18 pm by Alickismyhero »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #475 on February 23, 2019, 10:28:43 pm by Alickismyhero »
update.

Mandy was crap today

-------------------------------------

as was the rest of the team! Worst home game this season.

What these comments don't pay attention to is that Lincoln are a very good side who will get auto promotion. They make all teams look rubbish.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #476 on February 23, 2019, 11:05:52 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
update.

Mandy was crap today

What these comments don't pay attention to is that Lincoln are a very good side who will get auto promotion. They make all teams look rubbish.

we have 4 very good teams in that league ( a gap suddenly appeared today to the 5th team) Bury who since the turn of the year have surely got more points than anyone Mansfield who have quality loanees and players aswell and don't conceed many and of course former suicidal team MK Dons ..... who appear to have suddenly refound their form.

if you look at this league table you will see  Lincoln had drawn their last 4 games prior today - couldn't even beat Noots County - yes they stocked up with extra players on the transfer deadline but as we know from experience nothing is certain in this league.  yes Rovers & Luton made it automatically but they weren't winners

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table 

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #477 on February 24, 2019, 10:08:16 am by Alickismyhero »
update.

Mandy was crap today

we have 4 very good teams in that league ( a gap suddenly appeared today to the 5th team) Bury who since the turn of the year have surely got more points than anyone Mansfield who have quality loanees and players aswell and don't conceed many and of course former suicidal team MK Dons ..... who appear to have suddenly refound their form.

if you look at this league table you will see  Lincoln had drawn their last 4 games prior today - couldn't even beat Noots County - yes they stocked up with extra players on the transfer deadline but as we know from experience nothing is certain in this league.  yes Rovers & Luton made it automatically but they weren't winners

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table 
On reflection Coleman LH(I was there Coleman did it) that's an accurate comment.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #478 on February 24, 2019, 03:21:45 pm by Alickismyhero »
More comments:
(This comment is in response to me saying Bentley, Morecambe manager, sets his team up to "Not to lose" and therefore leaves Mandy out and puts him on the bench)

What, like he does almost every game?

We came in to this game off the back of 2 wins, there would've been absolutely no harm in going for it. I'd rather lose having a go than lose while creating hardly any good chances all game.

Yes , out of the 12 fixtures remaining maybe all could be called "winnable" although maybe MK Dons and FGR are the toughest. Jim has to let the flair players loose and go for victories. Collins and Piero both starting and tearing teams like Yeovil to bits. Start Mandy and play him as a number 10 where he can link play up.

--------------------------------------------------

We looked better offensively when Mandy came on , unfortunately Bentley made the change just after the 2nd goal went in. Lincoln knew he was dangerous and they had 2 men on him and were over-physical which the ref seemed to ignore.

He really needs to start games. Earlier in the season there was a good little system developing with Mandy , Leitch-Smith and Oates. Leitch-Smith is out for the season , Oates has been injured as has Mandy.

----------------------------------------
Which is Jim's usual mentality. Kenyon was our third centre back yesterday - it was clear that we had a back line of 5 throughout the game. What was worse was the way they were so far back towards our own goal - they were deliberately staying back instead of pushing forward, just inviting pressure. When will Jim learn that the best form of defence is attack!

--------------------------------------------

As soon as the board showing that Mandy was coming on, their management team immediately instructed at least one of their players to pay special attention to Mandy and so it proved but to his credit his class did show through on a number of occasions despite some shirt pulling and bending of the rules that the blatant incompetence of the referee constantly ignored.
redrobo

----------------------------------------------

He decided on the change 5 minutes before the goal, as is usual our substitutions seem to take an age as they check their vests and monitoring equipment before being given instructions and waiting for the officials. I suspect the instructions to Mandy and Collins were wasted after the 2nd went in.

I would have rather gone for it at home and lost 4.3, after the celebrations and confidence boost at Oldham, we once again went back in our shell, the space and respect was far too great.

---------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 09:06:26 pm by Alickismyhero »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #479 on March 30, 2019, 05:46:53 pm by Alickismyhero »
Latest update from Morecambe:

Back to playing how he was at the start of his stay with us, lots of nice passes, really involved and scored with a nice header from a superb cross. He had gone off the boil and had a few anonymous matches, so I think it is fair to expect him to fight for a place back in the starting eleven. Perhaps it is consistency? Perhaps it is the mental side to his game? Perhaps his confidence is fragile, so a couple of poor games affected him too much? Today, him & Fleming made a big difference when they came on, so hopefully, that will give him a lift. If Kev had spotted his run and played a simple pass, he'd have been one on one with the keeper at the end of the match, so great position.

I would expect him to start on the bench again next week and perhaps he'll be an impact sub for a few more games. But I'd like to see him stay with us for next season and hopefully Jim will develop him, working out what it is that is missing, or more to the point, why he went missing for a while? Good player, just need him at his best every week!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012