Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:18:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Extensions for Malik and Herbie a possibility  (Read 2941 times)

Haxey-Hood-DRFC

• Forum Member
Extensions for Malik and Herbie a possibility
« on September 20, 2018, 09:34:13 pm by Haxey-Hood-DRFC »
No chance to read through all threads, so apologies if this has been covered already, but this is music to my ears:
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-confident-of-keeping-leeds-united-and-liverpool-loanee-1-9359698

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Extensions for Malik and Herbie a possibility
« Reply #1 on September 20, 2018, 10:59:29 pm by MachoMadness »
We're confident of keeping them? Sounds promising. I expect Barnsley to announce they've signed the pair of them any day now...

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 21, 2018, 09:22:00 am by Bezza »
if we can keep them it will be great, both have proved their worth.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 21, 2018, 09:27:36 am by roversontheup »
I listened to the interview and don’t recall GM say he was confident of extending their loan spell. He said they were in discussions etc but ultimately down to their clubs. That was my interpretation and I think the newspaper article is making it out to be more than what he said.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 21, 2018, 09:29:05 am by wing commander »
  Both players are obviously highly regarded by their clubs if they want to sort contract extensions,I think we will keep Wilks injuries aside but the big danger with Pope is if a championship side come in wanting to take him on loan in January..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 21, 2018, 09:30:05 am by Filo »
  Both players are obviously highly regarded by their clubs if they want to sort contract extensions,I think we will keep Wilks injuries aside but the big danger with Pope is if a championship side come in wanting to take him on loan in January..

Pope?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 21, 2018, 09:44:01 am by wing commander »

Pope?

God knows Filo,not even close to Kane..Maybe it's a premonition of a January signing..lol

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 21, 2018, 10:18:10 am by Filo »

Pope?

God knows Filo,not even close to Kane..Maybe it's a premonition of a January signing..lol

Well I knew who you were on about, but like you said, not even remotely close to Kane, so had to check your not losing your marbles 😂😂

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 21, 2018, 10:36:20 am by DonnyOsmond »
Nick or Tom Pope?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 21, 2018, 10:53:19 am by RedJ »
Nick or Tom Pope?

Benedict. Heard he's gonna be wearing 16.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 21, 2018, 11:21:17 am by wing commander »

Pope?

Well I knew who you were on about, but like you said, not even remotely close to Kane, so had to check your not losing your marbles 😂😂

Some would say they were lost a few years ago mate..lol

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 21, 2018, 06:56:11 pm by dknward2 »
GM did say his doesn’t think Wilks will get in the Leeds team so before he signs a new contract he needs to decide what he wants. He then goes on to say he would sign him tomorrow if it was up to him and that he is loving his time here

Smithers-Jones

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 21, 2018, 09:14:11 pm by Smithers-Jones »
Would love to see these two stay here for the full season, two fabulous young footballers that are great to watch. Herbie is superb in mid field and has confidence and composure on the ball beyond his years at times. Mallik has explosive talent but does lack the composure at times. Two great talents that will only improve by playing regular first team football. They have had a great impact here and would we be the same team without them?

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 22, 2018, 09:55:29 pm by elmsallrover »
Don't know if it's true but I've heard that they will only come back on loan if they sign new contracts at the clubs there at as both are free agents at the end of the season plus both players are loving it at rovers

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 22, 2018, 10:52:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That's likely to be the case for Kane but Wilks maybe an opportunity to bid for him in January although much depends on Wilks himself.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012