Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:48:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Bradford City game  (Read 4397 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Lets talk about the Bradford City game
« on September 15, 2018, 09:32:33 pm by selby »
  A bit early I know but needs must as I go on my travels for a few days.
  We have come out of four hard fixtures against current top sides in the division unbeaten, a sequence of results that shows promise for the future, and in Bradford we are up against a team going through a bad patch, but a team we have not done so well against in the last few meetings.
   They have lost their last four fixtures in the league, and have just changed their manager, dropped into the relegation places, and are having a poor time of it.
   Just the sort of team that in the past have come along and burst our bubble. we must keep our feet on the ground and not think we are better than we are, work just as hard closing down players with the ball, and build on our last few results.
  It sounds easy, but it will not be, and now the manager has to make sure our hard work is not thrown away, and the players don't relax and stay on their game, which I am sure he will do.
  The team should be the same fitness allowing, and if Butler is not suspended, and the substitutes have all contributed so I hope for no or little change.
   It's  a good time to be a Rovers fan at the moment, Lets hope it continues with another good result next weekend.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Bradford City game
« Reply #1 on September 15, 2018, 09:37:33 pm by RedJ »
We're gonna give them a good arse pounding.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 15, 2018, 09:39:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yep, we need to kick them while they're down. No prisoners, just go at them relentlessly from start to finish.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 15, 2018, 09:57:09 pm by dknward2 »
I think we are more ruthless now so I have no worries about us taking this easy, I’m sure GM will have them up for it as if it was Pompey, posh or Walsall

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 16, 2018, 06:58:19 am by les@donr »
we'll win.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 16, 2018, 08:59:35 am by selby »
  Les, the last thing we can do and be successful is take teams having a bad time lightly. I am not saying the players will do, but it is a danger, especially after playing top fancied teams and doing well against them, it is human nature both for the supporters and players alike, and lowering our standards just a little can be the difference in winning and not getting a result.
  The club has got the good feeling back, just imagine what it would be like if we had had the same resolve and adventure against Blackpool and had got a good draw in the next round, the whole town would have been bubbling.
  We took our foot off the gas  that night, and it has cost us loads of money on the face of it. We are looking a good team, but not that good that we can underestimate any of the teams in this division.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 16, 2018, 09:05:03 am by roversdude »
This is the sort of game we have in times gone by lost ie a team on a bad run, us on a great one with an increased crowd. Hopefully the new strength and belief in the team will see us over the line.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 16, 2018, 09:28:09 am by idler »
Times without number in the past we have lost momentum in games like this. I think that GM is getting team spirit more like the ones we had under Penney, Saunders and Flynn rather than DF.
I'll be bringing a couple of City fans over with us and meeting some more pre match. It would be nice to have bragging rights although I hope they improve and stay up after playing us.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 16, 2018, 09:36:27 am by since-1969 »
Times without number in the past we have lost momentum in games like this. I think that GM is getting team spirit more like the ones we had under Penney, Saunders and Flynn rather than DF.
I'll be bringing a couple of City fans over with us and meeting some more pre match. It would be nice to have bragging rights although I hope they improve and stay up after playing us.
A Banana skin then !!

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 16, 2018, 04:27:15 pm by donny dave »
some interesting stuff here.
https://bantamtalk.com/index.php

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 16, 2018, 04:48:50 pm by Alan Southstand »
More of the same, for me. How can anyone come into that first 11 when we've just had 2 great results? The others have just got to make sure they are more than ready when called upon.

As it's a home game, I could see the bench being jiggled a bit, but not by much.

We just have to keep things going now and no taking our foot off the gas. The next 2 games are winnable.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 16, 2018, 05:27:35 pm by Wild Rover »
More of the same, for me. How can anyone come into that first 11 when we've just had 2 great results? The others have just got to make sure they are more than ready when called upon.

As it's a home game, I could see the bench being jiggled a bit, but not by much.

We just have to keep things going now and no taking our foot off the gas. The next 2 games are winnable.

Next 7 are all winnable . Correction 10.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 17, 2018, 08:10:13 am by Alan Southstand »
I certainly wasn't looking that far ahead!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 17, 2018, 08:36:03 am by Filo »
some interesting stuff here.
https://bantamtalk.com/index.php

Yes, they have a dead country and western singer playing for them 😀

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 17, 2018, 12:41:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Every reason to believe the work rate won't drop even if we aren't as fluid going forward. We had to work extremely hard v Luton so expect the same at least. McCann's raised the bar and funnily enough, the players seem to relish and enjoy it.

We've been waiting to see this sort of approach for a long time and it just shows what's possible with a good mix of players.

Let's enjoy the ride. It's nice to be looking up rather than down!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 17, 2018, 02:28:53 pm by Campsall rover »

[/quote

Next 7 are all winnable . Correction 10.
Every game is winnable. Let’s take each game 1 at a time.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 17, 2018, 06:20:08 pm by les@donr »
If we perform on Saturday as we have in the last two games, we should win. Our lads are high on confidence, their lads are low on confidence and won't be thrilled in facing us after a 4 match losing streak.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 20, 2018, 11:21:56 pm by selby »
   I can't see there being many changes from the Walsall game, even the substitutes used may be used in the same way again, just to run the game down,as nobody is pushing the players holding the shirt if the development teams result is anything to go by.
   It is very important that we make the Keepmoat a place that other teams don't think they can play spoiling tactics, frustrate both the team and our home crowd, and milk the situation.
  Going on the games this season up to the present time, I am confident that we can win more points in the away games this season than we have in the last couple of years. if we can couple that with a better return at home, turning draws into wins, winning ugly by the odd goal, stop the last minute equalisers, then we can have a chance of achieving something  this season.
  The Bradford game could give us an indication of how we are able to achieve the aim, Bradford I expect to go down the way of two banks of defenders, a long ball to a front man, and try and turn it into a physical battle, just  the tactics we have struggled with in the past.
  The test is can we keep our run going, I think we will, although it will be difficult, let's hope so, we have played scintillating football in two away games,
but I will be happy to win a scruffy game and get three points, although the supporters who can't get to away games deserve to see us play well and win.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 21, 2018, 09:09:49 am by selby »
  Reading the Bradford forum, Payne a midfield player seems to be the player that attracts the most discussion as to him playing affecting their game strategy.
   If he plays with Doyle they find it hard to play wingers, and rely on wing backs to get wide, and their players in those positions have not played well.
  If Doyle plays as a lone striker, their opinion is he is not suited to that role, and with their manager being noted for playing a high energy, long ball physical game, not all their squad have been a success.
   Let's hope they have another game struggling with adapting to the tactics.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 21, 2018, 09:05:55 pm by Lesonthewest »
  Reading the Bradford forum, Payne a midfield player seems to be the player that attracts the most discussion as to him playing affecting their game strategy.
   If he plays with Doyle they find it hard to play wingers, and rely on wing backs to get wide, and their players in those positions have not played well.
  If Doyle plays as a lone striker, their opinion is he is not suited to that role, and with their manager being noted for playing a high energy, long ball physical game, not all their squad have been a success.
   Let's hope they have another game struggling with adapting to the tactics.

Really good player is Jack Payne, certainly one to watch.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 22, 2018, 06:52:01 pm by selby »
  That is  Another good three points, against a team that have had a bad start to the season, but showed ambition and ran us close, although we had the chances to finish the game off.
   Marquis was outstanding, took his goals well, the first was a cracking shot, and the second was a classic footballing team goal his running off the ball wide in space and his finish making it look easy. He really is one of the best front men I have seen play for us, and is not just a goalscorer.
  We did have spells where our passing in midfield was sloppy, and one incident resulted in Whiteman picking up a booking that could have been avoided, which I think means he will miss games suspended, a big miss the way he has played the last few weeks, and is now fulfilling his promise, if so it will be interesting who comes in now that Crawford is maybe fit.
  It was also nice to see a larger home crowd as Wolfie has pointed out, and for us not to disappoint the newcomers as we have done on countless occasions previously, things are really looking good at the moment, let's hope we can build on the good start and have a really good season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 22, 2018, 09:23:21 pm by Campsall rover »
No one can say that wasn’t entertaining today.
Yes we rode our luck at times and I thought Bradford should have had a penalty, it looked nailed on to me. Maybe this season we are going to get a few decisions in our favour. Last season we got almost
nothing at all.
This team is still in the development stage and with 9 games gone
18 points have been gained. Over 46 games that almost always wins you the league.
McCann has installed a work ethic, a belief in the system, an attitude of concentration, playing for the full 90+ mins. Gritt and guts and what stands out is loads of flair. This season every time we get in an offensive position we look like we can score.
Every thing about this team is so much better than last season and yet we have almost the same personnel.
It is looking very positive indeed and I don’t want to get ahead of myself but THIS team has got what the 2012/13 team had and that is self belief and a fantastic team spirit. What the 2012/13 didn’t have was the fluidity and flair that this team has.
So I am not going to say it yet as it’s too early but hold on to your seats as 2018/19 won’t be boring but even at this early stage that I think will be guaranteed.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 22, 2018, 10:17:20 pm by drfchound »
It certainly won’t be boring Campsall.
I am thoroughly enjoying the matches this season.

As well as good performances by the starting players, the subs have added well to the victories.
May and Taylor did very well today after they came on.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 22, 2018, 10:48:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Will be a test next week with Whiteman now out through suspension! Arguably our most consistent performer this season who's been the glue that holds things together. Suspect Kane will adopt the role with possibly Anderson or Crawford coming in.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 23, 2018, 08:18:22 am by Alan Southstand »
At the moment, Anderson is the only viable option. He was the only midfielder that looked anything like in Tuesday's Dev game. It's too early for Crawford to come straight in, no doubt he'll be on the bench.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012