Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:55:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Attendance  (Read 2227 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Attendance
« on November 17, 2018, 09:41:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
7845 today so about 7500 home fans. Which apart from the Sunderland game is 1000 up.

Better and especially considering recent results. Having said that seems like ages since the last home game

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Attendance
« Reply #1 on November 17, 2018, 09:42:56 pm by RedJ »
There looked like loads in the East Stand today.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 17, 2018, 10:14:03 pm by dknward2 »
Loads of free kids tickets for attendance at school will have bumped the crowd but at least we won so more chance they could return

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 18, 2018, 08:21:48 am by Donnywolf »
Was it 1000 they gave away yesterday ? Unfortunate if yes as I enter a Weekly Comp to predict the Gate and put down 6850 yesterday which was around our average Attendance and 66% of Wimbledons Away Crowd and I ended up 993 out.

That happened v Bradford City too where we "gained" 800 or so more that we should have but ......

.... do they count the give aways as "Free of Charge" when they declare the Gate as surely they would not add say 5 to 10 Thousand Pounds to the amount of Gate receipts and then have to pay Tax on it and share out with the opposition and others Cash they did not get or have in the first place ?

Do they do the same with the free Alliance Tickets as well - that is add them to the Gate but dont count them as receipts  ?
Maybe SM will be the Font of Knowledge here !
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 04:08:44 pm by Donnywolf »

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 18, 2018, 08:56:30 am by RedRover45 »
It's long since puzzled me why the club do it. I'm sure they count all tickets sold and allocated instead of the actual attendees. As regards tax, technically they have sold the ticket to season ticket holders that don't attend but no money is incoming for freebies to schools and other agencies so they wouldn't need to pay tax would they ? So why announce the larger figure and pay unnecessary tax. Beats me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 18, 2018, 09:10:37 am by drfchound »
No tax to pay on freebies.
What about when they do the special offers, say a quid per kid?
Numbers of people in the ground doesn’t equate to numbers of pounds taken in receipts does it.
A senior ticket for the Chorley game is only a fiver against a tenner for a standard adult ticket so all that happens is that the club adds up the value of ticket sales, not the number of tickets sold.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 19, 2018, 07:57:54 am by Donnywolf »
It's long since puzzled me why the club do it. I'm sure they count all tickets sold and allocated instead of the actual attendees. As regards tax, technically they have sold the ticket to season ticket holders that don't attend but no money is incoming for freebies to schools and other agencies so they wouldn't need to pay tax would they ? So why announce the larger figure and pay unnecessary tax. Beats me.

Thats how I imagine it works. Season Ticket Holders counted (whether they attend or not) because they have Paid and that goes in the Receipts column to be "shared/Taxed" as required

Giving 1000 Freebies is different in that as you say they are just that - and they are also counted whether or not the Recipients turn up. Lots of them wont I suppose.      (Incidentally I thought the Crowd looked nowhere near 7843 but what did others think. I had predicted 6850 and was "stupidly" counting my Chickens in a Comp I am in thinking I was nearer to winning £60 - how wrong was I)

I am assuming (dangerously) that Alliance freebies fall into the above Freebie system in that they are Counted whether people use them or not but also dont form part of the Gate Receipts

Love to know if I am "close" to reality and if the Club can let me know when the next batch of a 1000 will be issued so I get the drop on my fellow Competitors  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 19, 2018, 06:28:12 pm by Jenny »
Paying tax based on attendance is a total myth and not sure why it gets peddled out every so often. There is no deemed amount that becomes taxable if a ticket is given away, nor do the club have to account for any VAT on the issue of free tickets.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 19, 2018, 07:11:15 pm by raggytash »
Am I right in thinking every kid in the academy gets a free ticket too, my lad pays 32 quid a month I think.... but they get free tickets, I’d definitely say that 3-400 a game

TinyPortal © 2005-2012