Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:40:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Accrington Stanley game  (Read 6581 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Lets talk about the Accrington Stanley game
« Reply #30 on October 01, 2018, 06:12:26 pm by selby »
  Steve, I thought Mason played that day, and ended up playing in more than one position, left back and central defender?
  He  was a secret signing with Houghton, and had trained with us all the week before without an announcement. It was said big things were expected of him.
  Etheridge let a long shot go in after Houghton failed to close down a player, Calder failed to track back for another of their goals after losing the ball out wide, just letting their player run away from him, and Williams missed a penalty I think.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 01, 2018, 09:15:21 pm by drfchound »
No longer with us thank f***

I wondered that but Blair is still here unless I've missed something

Just a mistyped comma, that asterisk is meant for Mandeville.

So why isn't there one next to Garrett?

I thought that they were all representing Canals - well theres Blair and Calder but then I realised they were the Canal - and most of the others are either banal or Anal ?

Wolfie, I am sure you would have seen it,  but can you remember when the letter C fell off the Canal Tavern sign and was left that way for months on end.
It always made me chuckle when I drove over the bridge.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 01, 2018, 09:55:31 pm by RedJ »
Bet they did a lot of business in that period... :laugh:

tonybuk86

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 01, 2018, 11:07:27 pm by tonybuk86 »
Refs for Tuesday game.

PETER WRIGHT
Graeme Fyvie and Richard Bartlett
Fourth Official: Gary Hilton

Peter has gave a few red cards so far this season, and most of them was back to back games,

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 02, 2018, 07:31:20 am by Donnywolf »
No longer with us thank f***

I wondered that but Blair is still here unless I've missed something

Just a mistyped comma, that asterisk is meant for Mandeville.

So why isn't there one next to Garrett?

I thought that they were all representing Canals - well theres Blair and Calder but then I realised they were the Canal - and most of the others are either banal or Anal ?

Wolfie, I am sure you would have seen it,  but can you remember when the letter C fell off the Canal Tavern sign and was left that way for months on end.
It always made me chuckle when I drove over the bridge.

...yes I used to laugh too but always thought it would be good to put it back and taking away the T instead - so it would read Anal Cavern . I really must get out more - oh wait im off to Accie Stanley tonight COYR

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 02, 2018, 10:01:46 am by ravenrover »
Who is Johnson?
Better make that Anderson then😶

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 02, 2018, 01:34:51 pm by Donnybax »
Open season League 2 Lost 3-2
I’m Surprised we lasted another season with this team           

Etheridge *
               Lund   
            Wright   
            Butler
            Coppinger   
            Evina     *                                           
           Middleton   *   
           Houghton. *
           Rowe   
          Williams      *
          Marquis   

Subs Mandeville,*Blair, Calder*, Garrett, Beestin, Keegan*, Marosi
that wasn’t the team. Mason started on the left of the back 3. Blair started as a right wing back. Calder started as left wing back.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 02, 2018, 01:47:53 pm by RedJ »
Quickest way over tonight? I ask as I know the M62 can be a bas**rd at that time of night.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 02, 2018, 04:39:01 pm by scawsby steve »
Open season League 2 Lost 3-2
I’m Surprised we lasted another season with this team           

Etheridge *
               Lund   
            Wright   
            Butler
            Coppinger   
            Evina     *                                           
           Middleton   *   
           Houghton. *
           Rowe   
          Williams      *
          Marquis   

Subs Mandeville,*Blair, Calder*, Garrett, Beestin, Keegan*, Marosi
that wasn’t the team. Mason started on the left of the back 3. Blair started as a right wing back. Calder started as left wing back.

You're right mate; it's all coming back to me now, Joe Wright was on the subs bench, and Mason and Calder definitely started.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 02, 2018, 04:44:47 pm by scawsby steve »
  Steve, I thought Mason played that day, and ended up playing in more than one position, left back and central defender?
  He  was a secret signing with Houghton, and had trained with us all the week before without an announcement. It was said big things were expected of him.
  Etheridge let a long shot go in after Houghton failed to close down a player, Calder failed to track back for another of their goals after losing the ball out wide, just letting their player run away from him, and Williams missed a penalty I think.

Everything in that post is dead accurate Brian. It's nice for us to agree for a change.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 03, 2018, 12:02:13 am by since-1969 »
1-0 a fair result as we were just not up to the task of playing against thugs and weak refereeing. Marosi did his usual man of match performance and Marquis had a quiet game . We tried and tried but just could not get up to speed. Start another winning run from
Saturday.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 03, 2018, 06:41:11 am by grayx »
I’d agree the score was about right but thought it was more to do with the pitch rather than “thugish” behaviour. Thought we played ok in patches without really testing their keeper. Too many of our players had a day to forget tbh but i saw glimpses of what we’re capable of. Accrington were average, no better.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 03, 2018, 07:55:06 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Can't win them all.  It's a chance missed but it's a tough game there and they have good momentum and some good players.  Their manager has done a great job.

Key for us is improving on the weaknesses and putting in a good performance and result on Saturday in another big game.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 03, 2018, 08:05:08 am by GazLaz »
1-0 a fair result as we were just not up to the task of playing against thugs and weak refereeing. Marosi did his usual man of match performance and Marquis had a quiet game . We tried and tried but just could not get up to speed. Start another winning run from
Saturday.

They weren’t thugs. They were a good, hard working side that got their reward in the end. They will beat a lot of teams at home this season. The only thing that annoyed me was when the lad pretended John had stamped/ kicked him, when he clearly didn’t. John then proceeded to grab one of their players knackers.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 03, 2018, 10:04:45 am by the vicar »
If and if the free kick had gone in and not hit the post I'm sure we would of won and maybe scored again

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 03, 2018, 04:13:25 pm by selby »
  I agree with Gaz, they looked a good side, and the game was a decent game that they shaded.
  The penalty shout looked like some that are given, and I was told the ref looked long and hard at the lino, with his whistle at the ready.
  The substitutions seemed to upset our rhythm, and Coppinger going off was a bad move, "Tayles" contributing absolutely nothing, perhaps we should start with him, and hook him after 8 to ten minutes to get Coppinger on for when it matters, and before "Tayles" tires.
   We probably lost the game trying to win it, leaving one on one at that stage of the match, others would have taken what they had.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 03, 2018, 04:36:03 pm by RedJ »
The referee put the whistle to his lips then seemed to totally change his mind. Baffling.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 03, 2018, 04:40:37 pm by GazLaz »
The referee put the whistle to his lips then seemed to totally change his mind. Baffling.

I thought he was going to pull play up for a dive, then let them play on.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 03, 2018, 05:43:21 pm by NickDRFC »
  I agree with Gaz, they looked a good side, and the game was a decent game that they shaded.
  The penalty shout looked like some that are given, and I was told the ref looked long and hard at the lino, with his whistle at the ready.
  The substitutions seemed to upset our rhythm, and Coppinger going off was a bad move, "Tayles" contributing absolutely nothing, perhaps we should start with him, and hook him after 8 to ten minutes to get Coppinger on for when it matters, and before "Tayles" tires.
   We probably lost the game trying to win it, leaving one on one at that stage of the match, others would have taken what they had.

Coppinger was poor last night. Taylor didn’t do a lot but he did nothing wrong, and he made one very good run bursting out of the right back position. The whole team was disjointed yesterday, it’s pretty pathetic to call a sub who had limited time to make an impact out when there was much worse out there last night.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 03, 2018, 06:25:54 pm by Donnywolf »

The body language DID suggest he was going to do something. I thought great "Penalty" and then he made a weird gesture and did a weird turn and just carried on like those watchung would not notice. Bizarre

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 03, 2018, 06:39:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just seen their goal and most un Butler like to let the player get through him. There would normally be only one winner.

From the highlights and reports it seemed an even game which could have gone either way. Nothing to worry about.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 03, 2018, 06:42:27 pm by selby »
  Nick he was looking for the spectacular, and is not up to it, when he got the ball he tried to do it himself.
   We were worse when the subs came on, in a period when we were pushing for a winner, and were probably getting on top.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 03, 2018, 07:01:35 pm by scawsby steve »

Coppinger was poor last night. Taylor didn’t do a lot but he did nothing wrong, and he made one very good run bursting out of the right back position. The whole team was disjointed yesterday, it’s pretty pathetic to call a sub who had limited time to make an impact out when there was much worse out there last night.

Nick, you know what it's like with Selby; he won't see anything good in May and Taylor; and yet he thinks Mandeville and McCullough are world beaters who should never have been loaned out, which is an astonishing lack of confidence in GM's judgement.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 03, 2018, 08:05:04 pm by Donnywolf »
Just seen their goal and most un Butler like to let the player get through him. There would normally be only one winner.

From the highlights and reports it seemed an even game which could have gone either way. Nothing to worry about.

It was a Gamw which in truth could have been a win for us if we had taken chances / had a bit of luck. Matty Blair let one go and they got a deflection that took it maybe an inch wide. Hard to tell from the side but it looked like it was spinning inwards but missed. The Ref also looked like he was going to give us a Pen but changed his mind

They hit the Post and Bar in the same attack - and of course they scored later on. I was sat opposite where their bloke headed it on but I am not convinced it was not out as he headed it - and then Butler unfortunately got done (as you say does not happen often) BUT and again I could be miles out the Scorer looked to control the Ball with his upper arm just before shooting

That said if that chance did not go in it almost certainly have ended Goalless and that would maybe have been the fairest result

TinyPortal © 2005-2012