Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:51:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marosi again  (Read 4788 times)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re: Marosi again
« Reply #30 on September 22, 2018, 11:24:12 pm by Superspy »
'useless'? Too much pop and not enough crisps for the OP I think.

Marosi is easily one of the best keepers in the division, I've lost count of the number of saves he's made that have left my jaw on the deck. He's won far more points than he's cost us in his time here (and other assorted football cliches). The best keepers in the world make mistakes from time to time, so to expect a League 1 keeper to not do so is ridiculous. Seriously now, do people forget that we're in League 1, because I can't come up with another reason for comments like these. Context is so important but just seems to go out of the window most of the time.

Personally I think he's probably one of, if not the, most improved players for us over the last couple of years. Seems to be going from strength to strength.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 23, 2018, 08:33:33 am by IDM »
If people say Bradford’s goal yesterday was down to Marosi instead of the efforts of the striker, then please can the OP explain exactly how many points that cost us.??

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 23, 2018, 10:47:40 am by RedJ »
Them extra 5 I said we'd get

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 23, 2018, 05:10:48 pm by RoversAlias »
Some real jokers in our fanbase. Marosi has been fantastic since winning the shirt and has won us games with his excellent performances.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 23, 2018, 06:20:34 pm by Alan Southstand »
However, there is some truth in the op's sentiment, in that yesterday's game was probably his worst this season. From what I watched in Tuesday's Development game, he needn't worry about his No1 tag just yet, though.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 23, 2018, 06:48:22 pm by drfchound »
Marosi made two outstanding saves yesterday so if that adds up to his worst game of the season then he is simply a victim of his own success.

However, on the goal we conceded, had Marquis nicked the ball from the opposition keeper like that and scored we would be singing his praises.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 23, 2018, 10:56:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
But he didn't and we weren't! If that had been an opposition keeper's error, we would have been having a laugh about it.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 23, 2018, 11:01:41 pm by IDM »
If the conclusion is that Marosi was at fault for their goal, so be it.,

But what difference did it make?  One less plus in our goal difference and no clean sheet..

Big deal - I would rather consider his perfornance vs Shrewsbury for example, where he definitely earned our point..

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 24, 2018, 08:09:07 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
His distribution was key for the second goal. He was straight up and looking for a simple but fast outball.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 24, 2018, 08:23:21 am by wing commander »
  Marosi is our established no1 and rightly so..Goalkeepers at all levels make the odd mistake but boy has he been brilliant for us this season..Lawlor had a very iffy performance the other day in the development game by all accounts as did the rest of the back up squad...
  The O/P is away with the fairies if he thinks Marko has let us down this season...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 24, 2018, 09:09:05 am by RedJ »
Obviously Ferguson's attitude has crept into the fan base. One mistake and you're shite and need dropped asap.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 24, 2018, 09:20:45 am by the vicar »
Shop stopping he is excellent. The rest he has always been poor at
coming for the ball from crosses how about that for number 2 and as far as coming off  his line, if he had not done that when he was sent off we would of lost that game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 24, 2018, 09:24:13 pm by drfchound »
Shop stopping he is excellent. The rest he has always been poor at
coming for the ball from crosses how about that for number 2 and as far as coming off  his line, if he had not done that when he was sent off we would of lost that game.

Yes vicar, but apparently he is crap.

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on September 26, 2018, 06:12:17 pm by ZiggerZagger »
As I've said earlier, I dread to think what could happen to this team if we don't go up this season. Marosi is one of those who are getting noticed by other clubs higher up the pyramid. We could end up with 4/5 players going. We are the team others don't want to play at the mo.
An old friend has watched us twice this season, hes from Sunderland, he hopes we get a couple of injuries and suspensions when we play them. He'll be back for a final look v Fleetwood. The player he most wants to miss the game..... Marosi. 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 26, 2018, 10:04:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
Marosi is definitely our most improved player this season. Whiteman also stepped up several gears and as for Andy Butler, he is having a stormer at 33! Very impressive from him.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on September 26, 2018, 10:18:05 pm by idler »
I think a big factor is that they understand the system and have confidence and trust in their team mates.
We are also working far more without the ball than we were under DF.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012