Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:12:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Donny Airport  (Read 4119 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Donny Airport
« Reply #30 on September 02, 2018, 07:46:15 pm by hoolahoop »
Post Brexit plus a couple of years the Polish population around Doncaster  will have decreased and that is going to reduce the many Polish destinations currently serviced from Donny .

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Come on then I give in , which exotic French Island have you moved to Guadeloupe ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 26, 2018, 02:40:43 pm by Axholme Lion »
Post Brexit plus a couple of years the Polish population around Doncaster  will have decreased and that is going to reduce the many Polish destinations currently serviced from Donny .

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Good i'm sick of the noise the planes make coming over here.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 28, 2018, 12:23:53 am by hoolahoop »
Manchester especially on busy days can be horrific although it does seem to have become more efficient of late .

Have to admit flying back into Donny from Amsterdam a few weeks ago was an absolute pleasure.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 28, 2018, 12:58:35 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I used Donny for the first time in a decade this week, to fly to Amsterdam.

An absolute pleasure. I spent less time travelling from home to the airport, and less time in the air than I did getting through security last time I flew from Manchester.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 28, 2018, 08:50:54 am by Bentley Bullet »
I recently flew from Manchester and after being held by security for half an hour ended up being a latex glove width away from having a security man's finger shoved up my arse. Apparently, there were traces of drugs on my laptop case.

A senior manager was sent for and he began asking me questions.

Do I take drugs?
"No"!
Is the laptop bag new?
"Newish"!
Have I recently dyed my hair?
 "No"!?
Have I recently had my fingernails painted?
"No"!?
Have I come in a taxi?
"Yes"!

After the interrogation, my wife came up to me. I thought I might need proof of who she was because in contrast to my grey, thinning bonce stood this much younger looking woman, whose newly dyed hair had taken years off her. The manager asked her if she'd handled the laptop case. She pointed a freshly painted fingernail at it and said that she had. I think we have a conclusion, he said.

As I looked angrily at my wife, the manager said "It's not forced to be her fault, it could be that your laptop picked up the traces from the taxi floor, that's often the case.

Moral of the story: even if you've only ever taken half of a junior Disprin in your life always wear clean underpants at Manchester airport.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 28, 2018, 09:04:48 am by wing commander »
  I fly from Doncaster often and it's normally a pleasure,it's great for cutting out those endless hours in departure lounges...And everything runs so smoothly,mainly because of the limited foot traffic they have...

Problem is when it goes wrong they struggle..I flew in to Doncaster a couple of weeks ago at 4am,waited patiently at the baggage carousel for my luggage..Everybody got there's and buggered off..leaving me stood there watching the customary umbrella go round and round...

Now the problem then is finding someone at 4am who knew what they were doing to report it and start the paperwork needed to try and find out were Manuel had sent my case...In the end it was down to a young girl who didn't know what the procedure was,or what she had to do..We got there in the end and filled out all the correct forms etc etc,and she tried her best to help but she had to keep trying to ring disgruntled people fast asleep to find out and the whole process took a hour and a half..Landed at 4am,i live 6 miles from the airport and got home at nearly 7..

If that would have been a major airport the manned info desk would have known what to do I'm sure...My bag it turned out had decided to go to Munich instead and I was eventually reunited with it a week later...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 09:06:50 am by wing commander »

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 28, 2018, 09:46:37 am by WheatleyRover »
Here is a recent video about the airport

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SqjoyVRafXw

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 28, 2018, 11:39:44 am by ctay »
Luton is awful, Manchester isn't much better when busy.

Funny, I live next to the airport and we don't get any noise! I think Bawtry gets a fair bit though.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 28, 2018, 12:14:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Luton the worst for me. Donny and Heathrow the best I'd say.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 01, 2018, 03:36:26 pm by DaveDRFC »
Was pleasantly surprised with my recent trip from Humberside to Amsterdam, would definitely use that route again. Humberside is pretty much a glorified bus station but all ran on time with no issues. As for my KLM in flight meal, got coffee and cake on the way out then a tomato and cheese wrap and a drink on the way back, could have had a beer but after being out the previous night in Utrecht and needing to drive home gave it a miss!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012