Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:00:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dingles  (Read 4630 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Dingles
« on October 09, 2018, 04:22:45 pm by scawsby steve »
According to a couple of posts on their forum there's no competition from us this year, and our bubble's now bursting.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Dingles
« Reply #1 on October 09, 2018, 04:37:49 pm by since-1969 »
 :boxing:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 09, 2018, 04:51:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Saturday 24th November...  :woot:

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 09, 2018, 09:37:10 pm by Padge_DRFC »
They will win the league this year I reckon we can still make the play offs

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 09, 2018, 09:47:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
They are one point ahead of us at the moment and one finger more generally.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 11, 2018, 09:56:29 pm by DINGLE »
If you finish above us and Sunderland you’ll go up automatically in my opinion, once our squad is settled in and used to playing the way our head coach wants them to, we’ll be really hard to stop. We’ve got three or four players that are absolutely quality, far too good for this division, if we keep them fit we’ll coast to promotion.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 11, 2018, 10:58:46 pm by idler »
I'd be quite happy to go up with Barnsley and Sunderland. It's a long road though and I think that we need a bit of extra quality in January to maintain our push.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 12, 2018, 06:48:49 am by Barmby Rover »
That's a fair reflection. Without some boost at Christmas I think we may struggle to keep the pace up, it's a wearing method of play which needs good backup particularly in midfield.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 12, 2018, 08:22:53 am by Padge_DRFC »
The league is there for the taking this year. Portsmouth are top and I thought they were poor

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 12, 2018, 08:46:14 am by The Red Baron »
The league is there for the taking this year. Portsmouth are top and I thought they were poor

I doubt Portsmouth will be top come April / May.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 12, 2018, 09:37:27 am by Chris Black come back »
That's a fair reflection. Without some boost at Christmas I think we may struggle to keep the pace up, it's a wearing method of play which needs good backup particularly in midfield.

Depending on what you constitute as midfield we have Whiteman, Kane, Rowe and Blair who have all proved themselves in this formation this season. Behind them are Crawford and Anderson who are as yet unproven really. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 12, 2018, 07:40:07 pm by drfchound »

The thing is Padge, we were third last week and got thumped 4-0 at home.
We have only seen Portsmouth the once and maybe they had a bad day that day too.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 12, 2018, 08:32:42 pm by Campsall rover »

We have only seen Portsmouth the once and maybe they had a bad day that day too.
Well my money is on Sunderland, Barnsley and Portsmouth being the top 3 in no particular order.
Same as I predicted before a ball was kicked. I still think Peterborough will finish outside the play offs.
The other 3 play off places I predict will be Rovers, Charlton and Luton, again in no particular order.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 12, 2018, 08:37:04 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Luton are the best side I’ve seen and we won that game definitely agree they will be up there. We’re surrounded by much bigger teams in the play offs and they will have more funds in January

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 12, 2018, 09:07:19 pm by The Red Baron »

Well my money is on Sunderland, Barnsley and Portsmouth being the top 3 in no particular order.
Same as I predicted before a ball was kicked. I still think Peterborough will finish outside the play offs.
The other 3 play off places I predict will be Rovers, Charlton and Luton, again in no particular order.

I hope you're right. Play offs would represent a great effort for us. I don't think Portsmouth are all that great though. I can see Accrington reaching the play offs.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 12, 2018, 10:23:48 pm by Campsall rover »

I hope you're right. Play offs would represent a great effort for us. I don't think Portsmouth are all that great though. I can see Accrington reaching the play offs.
Now that would be a great achievement if they do. Bookies favourite for the drop before the season started. Coleman has to be the best manager in the football league. He has aparently the second lowest budget. Only Morecambe’s is lower.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 13, 2018, 11:51:36 am by sha66y »
Our season is one of Transitions,...
New Manager
New formation
New playing style...
Nobody expected us to be doing so well, but we have earned our rewards, and whereas other teams bigger than us will have some personal expectancy regarding their teams ultimate position...we don’t , we have gatecrashed a party and brought a sh#t load of booze...
The Barnsley’s , Sunderland’s and Charltons will find the second half of the season a little more challenging as teams try to mollify their strength....it may not work for some opponents, but for others it surely must.....
I don’t see a runaway leader this term...just 8 teams in the mix playing leapfrog....
Just hope we can leap higher than those Dingles !! 🤪

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 01, 2019, 09:33:06 pm by DINGLE »
Just shows how hard football is to predict this thread. Luton only got a couple of passing mention in October

TinyPortal © 2005-2012