Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:24:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gillingham game  (Read 1419 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Gillingham game
« on October 14, 2018, 06:26:21 pm by NickDRFC »
Excited for this one as it will be my first game at the Keepmoat this season, hoping for a few goals as my last few visits under Fergie were pretty dull affairs.

There’s obviously going to be one enforced change with Wright suspended so Anderson will come in, but I also expect to see Kane back in and wouldn’t surprise me to see J Anderson or Wilks come into the side. Personally I’d go with (resting Copps for Tuesday):

Marosi
Mason Butler Anderson Andrew
Kane Whiteman J Anderson
Wilks Marquis Crawford

Subs - Lawlor, Lund, Horton, Blair, Coppinger, May, Taylor

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Gillingham game
« Reply #1 on October 14, 2018, 06:48:42 pm by Draytonian III »
GM won’t rest Copps, just play him for an hour or so. I can’t see Blair not starting either, one change from your squad will be Danny Amos on the bench instead of Mitchell Lund

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 14, 2018, 06:58:03 pm by adamtherover »
I really rate Blair, but he was quiet for me yesterday, Anderson is in for a shout of starting on satdi...I'd say...

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 14, 2018, 07:13:16 pm by NickDRFC »
GM won’t rest Copps, just play him for an hour or so. I can’t see Blair not starting either, one change from your squad will be Danny Amos on the bench instead of Mitchell Lund

I did say it was what I’d go for, not necessarily GM, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see J Anderson come in and I can’t see Kane or Whiteman not starting.

I’d have either Amos or Horton on the bench rather than both given they’re both left footed. Lund at least gives the cover on the right hand side.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 14, 2018, 10:02:28 pm by Alan Southstand »
You obviously didn't go to the Grimsby game, Nick. Lund nowhere near yet.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 14, 2018, 11:12:08 pm by The Red Baron »
I haven't seen Lund recently but reports don't fill me with confidence. I think it might be better to ask Blair to go to RB for one game, even though he's doing well in midfield. Especially if Whiteman, Kane and Crawford or Anderson are available.

It's ironic after last season that because of the emergence of Amos and Horton that we have decent cover on the left but right back is a bit of a problem.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012