Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:01:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Rochdale game  (Read 5705 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Rochdale game
« Reply #30 on October 13, 2018, 02:59:06 pm by NickDRFC »
I have changed my formation again as I agree that it is wise to split Wright and Butlerl who are both on 4 yellows ..so Grant here is your starting line up.
 Lawlor, Mason ,Wright ,Anderson , Andrew.Whiteman ,Crawford ,Copps , May , Marquis, Taylor.

Why Lawlor?

Fortunately McCann doesn’t agree!

Wouldn’t have started Taylor or dropped Blair either; would agree with benching one of Butler or Wright which is the only one I disagree with GM’s selection on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 13, 2018, 05:02:48 pm by bobjimwilly »
vote for your man of the match v Rochdale: https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=267586.0 :scarf:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 13, 2018, 07:57:49 pm by selby »
  Well we got away with that a bit, but Rochdale can only blame themselves with some very poor finishing as bad as ours last week.
   The two players who have been villyfied this week by some of our supporters as wanting dropping, Coppinger and Marosi, would be my picks for the man of the match award this week, Marosi pulling off a fantastic save in the first half when one of the Rochdale players actually connected with a shot on target
  From the start it was end to end, full of action, and full of mistakes by both teams. Both defences looked brittle, an our midfield totally at sea at times, and very disjointed.
  However the whole team battled, did not give in, and in Coppinger we had the player to make the difference, the setting up of the first and third goals being magical, and also well taken by Crawford and Anderson who scored their first goals for the club.
  Three great points which is what matters, lots to improve on, but winning when we are not at our best is a feeling I could get to like.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 13, 2018, 08:20:48 pm by Campsall rover »
Well if any one thinks Copps can’t do it any more there was your answer today. Sublime. He won us the game with those assists.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 13, 2018, 08:28:27 pm by Retdon1 »
At times the game was like pinball in the middle of the park until the balk found Coppinger who showed with the ball he is still a class above... if he wants to and we don’t go up he’s still got another season in him at this level

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 13, 2018, 08:46:41 pm by RoversAlias »
  Well we got away with that a bit, but Rochdale can only blame themselves with some very poor finishing as bad as ours last week.
   The two players who have been villyfied this week by some of our supporters as wanting dropping, Coppinger and Marosi, would be my picks for the man of the match award this week, Marosi pulling off a fantastic save in the first half when one of the Rochdale players actually connected with a shot on target
  From the start it was end to end, full of action, and full of mistakes by both teams. Both defences looked brittle, an our midfield totally at sea at times, and very disjointed.
  However the whole team battled, did not give in, and in Coppinger we had the player to make the difference, the setting up of the first and third goals being magical, and also well taken by Crawford and Anderson who scored their first goals for the club.
  Three great points which is what matters, lots to improve on, but winning when we are not at our best is a feeling I could get to like.

Agree with every word Selby! Copinger made the difference today, Marosi played an important role too. Anyone wanting Lawlor to come in needs their head checking in my opinion, Marosi has been one of our top 3 players through the first quarter of the season alongside Marquis and Kane for me.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 13, 2018, 09:23:44 pm by selby »
  The manager passed a test for me today, we were not at our best, the midfield were all at sea, the centre halfs and goalkeeper kept us in the game, the two strikers ineffectual,which has happened before as they do not gell, Marquis rarely playing well when paired with May.
  But he found a way to win, fortunate yes, but the substitutes were spot on, Wilks playing well as mainly a lone striker, came on early enough to effect the game and got behind  McGahey who had kept everyone in front of him, and was unfortunate not to win a penalty, and Anderson got what proved to be the winner with a run into the box. Taylor for Coppinger could have been 10 minutes later for me though.   

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on October 13, 2018, 09:24:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I've been disappointed with copps impact this season. Today, superb.  It is why I believe he shouldn't play every week. He's benefited from a slightly easier week this week.

Nobody had really bad games or good games outside of that.  Blair set a good tempo in midfield and the defence made some decent last ditch blocks.  Arguably overplayed a bit and gifted the ball away though.

Thought all subs made a strong impact particularly Anderson who looked strong and got around a lot.  I didn't like him in his first appearance. However he seems to have grown in confidence and there is something about him.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 13, 2018, 09:53:14 pm by NickDRFC »
  The manager passed a test for me today, we were not at our best, the midfield were all at sea, the centre halfs and goalkeeper kept us in the game, the two strikers ineffectual,which has happened before as they do not gell, Marquis rarely playing well when paired with May.
  But he found a way to win, fortunate yes, but the substitutes were spot on, Wilks playing well as mainly a lone striker, came on early enough to effect the game and got behind  McGahey who had kept everyone in front of him, and was unfortunate not to win a penalty, and Anderson got what proved to be the winner with a run into the box. Taylor for Coppinger could have been 10 minutes later for me though.   

I’m beginning to think your gripe with Taylor is personal. He had a positive impact today, including one excellent run from the half way line to the edge of their box.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 13, 2018, 10:12:33 pm by The Red Baron »
I've been disappointed with copps impact this season. Today, superb.  It is why I believe he shouldn't play every week. He's benefited from a slightly easier week this week.

Nobody had really bad games or good games outside of that.  Blair set a good tempo in midfield and the defence made some decent last ditch blocks.  Arguably overplayed a bit and gifted the ball away though.

Thought all subs made a strong impact particularly Anderson who looked strong and got around a lot.  I didn't like him in his first appearance. However he seems to have grown in confidence and there is something about him.

In many ways I agree. He can't do every game and he's clearly benefitted from a week off. But next week you've got three games. How do you manage that? Probably easier if Rowe was fit.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 13, 2018, 10:40:25 pm by Pancho Regan »
I have changed my formation again as I agree that it is wise to split Wright and Butlerl who are both on 4 yellows ..so Grant here is your starting line up.
 Lawlor, Mason ,Wright ,Anderson , Andrew.Whiteman ,Crawford ,Copps , May , Marquis, Taylor.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank heavens GM is our manager! Can’t imagine any reason for dropping Marosi and he certainly played a huge part in our win today.
At least 3 saves which were ‘certain’ goals and I’m delighted that we have a proper keeper again.

Well done Marko.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 14, 2018, 12:37:32 am by the vicar »

Why Lawlor?

Fortunately McCann doesn’t agree!

Wouldn’t have started Taylor or dropped Blair either; would agree with benching one of Butler or Wright which is the only one I disagree with GM’s selection on.
Taylor was blowing through his arse on Tuesday so why him to a start
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:46:08 am by the vicar »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 14, 2018, 02:42:59 pm by selby »
  Nick, I say what I think I see, that run down the middle was great, but basically his only real positive contribution, Cannon and their number seven were running past him at will in the last ten minutes, he was static and not getting back with them, was caught with the ball, and when we were wanting more effort off the ball and they were pushing forward he didn,t track the runners.
  While Coppinger was on their right sided defender was tracking him, he didn't with Taylor and pushed forward. When he went off they just left McGahey back.
  Leaving Coppinger on an extra ten minutes could have made it easier for us, and altered their game slightly.
  How did he impress you?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 14, 2018, 09:05:29 pm by RoversAlias »
The only reason Coppinger is brought off early is due to stamina / preserving him, i always figure when he comes off that it means he has run his race. It's not usually tactical or anything like that.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 14, 2018, 10:15:09 pm by selby »
 RA, I agree with you , but he was the most influential player on the field, and was more so as the game went on, the player they were scared of on the ball, and were keeping close to him and at least two men back.
 As soon as he went off they had no need to be bothered picking up Taylor, who let his man run goal side of him in the short time he was on, giving our defenders another runner to pick up which caused us problems. Coppinger could have walked about in that area for ten minutes, and he would have commanded more attention from their defenders.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 14, 2018, 10:56:34 pm by RoversAlias »
RA, I agree with you , but he was the most influential player on the field, and was more so as the game went on, the player they were scared of on the ball, and were keeping close to him and at least two men back.
 As soon as he went off they had no need to be bothered picking up Taylor, who let his man run goal side of him in the short time he was on, giving our defenders another runner to pick up which caused us problems. Coppinger could have walked about in that area for ten minutes, and he would have commanded more attention from their defenders.

Possibly true Selby, I don't disagree as Copps was brilliant yesterday but if he needs to come off then that's how it is. I'm sure it's managed between him and McCann. He's 38 years old soon.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012