Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:13:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Belles & Club Doncaster  (Read 1849 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Belles & Club Doncaster
« on October 11, 2018, 11:41:04 am by RoversAlias »
Free Press is running this story as the back page lead today, Gavin Baldwin says that Club Doncaster are now in serious talks to take over the Belles.

He has said there's no guarantees and they'll only seek to do it if they are sure they can have a positive effect on the Belles' fortunes, but what do fans make of the idea? I know many have mooted it before especially with the sorry state of the Belles recently following their resignation from the Championship.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mpc123

• VSC Member
Re: Belles & Club Doncaster
« Reply #1 on October 11, 2018, 12:34:20 pm by mpc123 »
I think it could fit very nicely for both parties in time. The belles need help now but further along the line there seems to be more and more money going into the women's game at the top end. I just wonder if a little investment now could get them back there quite quickly.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 11, 2018, 01:00:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The highest transfer fee in Britain was around 50K with players earning at most men's League Two wages. So not bad at all financially. It'll also help us with FFP.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 11, 2018, 05:15:24 pm by roversontheup »
Absolutely I agree with this move. It needs a bit of maneouvering so not to lose Belles heritage but it would be a really good fit into the Club Doncaster ethos.
I for one want it to happen and to see this once great and proud club rising back up the rankings.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 11, 2018, 05:46:08 pm by idler »
Hopefully it will increase the potential that seems to have dropped off alarmingly lately.
Provided the FA don't shaft us as usual.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 11, 2018, 06:18:36 pm by Michael Shaw »
Too late, too late, to save what was an excellent team competing well up the leagues. Whether they can rebuild and get back up there we can only wait and see.
I don't say it is anyone's fault, just a shame they have lost out. Personally, I think the Belles were good for Doncaster and I enjoy watching women's football.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 12, 2018, 07:37:17 am by mpc123 »
Club doncaster will give them the status they need to be approved for top tier football, but it's hard work and a bit of investment again to get them back in that previous position.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 12, 2018, 08:18:42 am by since-1969 »
Why now and not before when their success was at its highest and having to turn down promotion? You talk about timing !

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 12, 2018, 08:22:16 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Why now and not before when their success was at its highest and having to turn down promotion? You talk about timing !

What are you assuming?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 12, 2018, 08:30:26 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think there are many in the women's game that will be pleased to see the Belle's live on and hopefully prosper once more. Not sure they will meet the authorities aspirations to create a Women's Premier league with all the big city teams to match the men's game though.

If Club Doncaster can provide them with the financial assurances the WPL insist on will be interesting to see.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 12, 2018, 11:33:15 am by idler »
Wasn't it the Belles owners that were reluctant and wanted to go along without the Rovers involvement?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 12, 2018, 12:00:49 pm by VivaRovers »
I don't think it necessarily leans on either side. From my understanding both parties wanted to find a way to work closely together, but there were sticking points for both sides that had prevented it happening up to this point.

Hopefully a solution can be found, that brings Belles into the Club Doncaster and satisfies all involved. It's painful to see a side that should by rights be in the top tier this season, propping up the table in the third.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 12, 2018, 12:07:30 pm by idler »
Amen to that Glen.
We just don't seem a big enough name to generate the FA's interest going on previous dealings with them.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 12, 2018, 04:12:58 pm by graingrover »
BPP were sponsor owners and could not come to an agreement  with Rovers  before letting all the squad find new clubs (  eg Man U for Sigsworth).Belles were left with no option but to relegate themselves from the Championship.When they opened the new season they fielded 16 and17 yr olds and lost 9-0 v Blackburn Rovers .They won for the first time in 8 games last weekend .
  Club Doncaster would be a good home and most of the ongoing strategies of both parties   fit , eg working to develop young players and to continue to  develop community ties.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

TinyPortal © 2005-2012