Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:47:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Score prediction  (Read 1708 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Score prediction
« on October 11, 2018, 04:58:29 pm by scawsby steve »
I desperately want to be proved wrong, but having suffered back to back league defeats, having our best player suspended, and having to play at Spotland, where our results have been poor for the last 3 seasons, I reluctantly predict a 2-1 win for Rochdale.

Come on lads, prove me wrong.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Score prediction
« Reply #1 on October 11, 2018, 04:59:40 pm by since-1969 »
1-3 Rovers were due a win there !!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 11, 2018, 05:42:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I'm with you Steve, though more like 3-1 to the Dale.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 11, 2018, 08:26:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have beaten them once in the last seven times we have played them and have one win in our last nine visits to Spotland.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 11, 2018, 08:47:28 pm by NickDRFC »
We have beaten them once in the last seven times we have played them and have one win in our last nine visits to Spotland.

Never really understood anyone reading into stats like this. Both sides are very different to the vast majority of those games - differences in form, team and manager, what does it matter what’s happened in games stretching back a number of years?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 11, 2018, 10:00:24 pm by drfchound »
All runs, bad and good have to come to an end.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 12, 2018, 12:06:24 am by Bristol Red Rover »
All runs, bad and good have to come to an end.

That's where you take the coat off your back, hand it to the bookie and slouch off to the nearest wheelie bin for some shelter for the night.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 13, 2018, 09:51:22 am by sha66y »
The pessimists once again are edging their collective bets, some use past stats to comfort the blades tip....
I say we will win a scrappy game with less possession but better finishing, May should start and run the back four ragged, creating spaces for the midfield to find Marquis....then bring on a Wilkes with 20 mins to go and watch their eyes roll back as he relentlessly tests their pace and inevitable fatigue...
0-1 May to score ...

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 13, 2018, 10:00:09 am by roversam »
2-1 to rovers. Can't believe the negative comments on here.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 13, 2018, 11:37:36 am by sha66y »
Negative comments are the comfort blankets worn by those who have tattooed Doncaster’s football history over there hearts....
I find it easier to expect a win where I feel we are the better team and feel the pain of loss, should that be the outcome...rather than be nonchalant about the result because I expected us to lose....
This is why I support my team....I want to revel in the victory, and wallow in the defeat....makes supporting a much better more involved experience

Just my opinion mind.....

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 13, 2018, 11:48:17 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Won't be one for the purists today (Rigo, fill your boots)

Let's pump it long and use the weather to our advantage. Anderson & Butler at the back for me. No messing. Just leather the thing forward.

1-0 Off of John's arse.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 14, 2018, 02:53:38 am by scawsby steve »
I desperately want to be proved wrong, but having suffered back to back league defeats, having our best player suspended, and having to play at Spotland, where our results have been poor for the last 3 seasons, I reluctantly predict a 2-1 win for Rochdale.

Come on lads, prove me wrong.

How nice it feels to be proved wrong; maybe I should go for the defeat every week.

Actually, I'm tipping 3-1 to the Rovers against Gillingham. The lads have got their mojo back, and Kane returns to the midfield.

Bring it on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012