Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:32:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rochdale fans.........we’re not too popular!  (Read 7342 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
Rochdale fans.........we’re not too popular!
« on October 13, 2018, 05:46:38 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Blimey, they don’t like us too much, do they?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/230839/page:4

Posts 6 and 8.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:49:45 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Rochdale fans
« Reply #1 on October 13, 2018, 05:50:37 pm by Filo »
The air is thinner in them there hills, lack of Oxygen to the primitve brain makes them say all kind of daft things 😀

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
Re: Rochdale fans.........we’re not too popular!
« Reply #2 on October 13, 2018, 05:52:28 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

The air is thinner in them there hills, lack of Oxygen to the primitve brain makes them say all kind of daft things 😀

I’m sure that excuse has been used more than once!   :lol:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 13, 2018, 06:51:46 pm by PDX_Rover »
I’ve always had a soft spot for Dale. Good away days and their fans have always been spot on. We used to play their fans before the game. Does that still happen? There are always a couple who have a gripe though. Same the world over really.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 13, 2018, 07:35:30 pm by LincsRover »
F*ck ‘em, we won, they lost, sour grapes!  :byebye:

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 13, 2018, 07:39:40 pm by pib »
We were shite and won very ugly today tbf. Can’t really disagree with much of that. It wasn’t a typical performance from McCann’s team though, so it’ll be reyt.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 13, 2018, 07:49:23 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I’ve always had a soft spot for Dale. Good away days and their fans have always been spot on. We used to play their fans before the game. Does that still happen? There are always a couple who have a gripe though. Same the world over really.

could say their fans live in "spot-land"
 :suicide:

Spotland Stadium, known as the Crown Oil Arena for sponsorship reasons, in the Spotland area of Rochdale,

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 13, 2018, 08:42:18 pm by RoversAlias »
I didn't think we were that bad today. Don't think we cheated or did anything unsportsmanlike in the game relaly. Certainly no more than any other team.

I'm not surprised about the comment on fans though. The usual idiot brigade were out in force lobbing flares and getting shirty from a distance with the home end. A real sad lot.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 13, 2018, 08:42:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Well I can understand them not liking some of our so called supporters. Those morons who were letting off smoke bombs again are a pathetic bunch of losers who need banning from football for life.
They are giving our club a bad name. We are a family club and we don’t need or want these imboceles anywhere near our club.
Total disgrace.
As for the comments about our players being cheats I don’t know where that came from. All players time waste when they are leading with 10 mins to go. They did it wit some gusto at the Moat last season. Sour grapes that one. Just wait till they see Fleetwood’s  tactics. That’ll be interesting reading.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 13, 2018, 08:43:28 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I didn't think we were that bad today. Don't think we cheated or did anything unsportsmanlike in the game relaly. Certainly no more than any other team.

I'm not surprised about the comment on fans though. The usual idiot brigade were out in force lobbing flares and getting shirty from a distance with the home end. A real sad lot.

Goons. I don't like them either.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 13, 2018, 09:05:58 pm by Pancho Regan »
Some harsh words from Dale fans there but I feel their pain.

We’ve been on the wrong end of a result like that enough times (last time at Rochdale for a start).

We worked really hard and we took the few clear chances we had, unlike Rochdale who had loads of chances but squandered them. Having witnessed the freak 0-4 last Saturday I feel we deserved that result today.

As for the Dale fans criticising our players ..... we’ve been bullied off the pitch enough times in the past, so suck it up.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 13, 2018, 10:07:48 pm by The Red Baron »
Personally I have had enough of being popular with other teams. I like the fact that we get under the skin of opposing fans. We did so in 2012-13 and that worked out pretty well. Maybe the cards we pick up will come back to haunt us, but Mr. Nice Guy doesn't seem to win.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 14, 2018, 08:16:33 am by Padge_DRFC »
Unpopular on and off the pitch. About time.

However today I wouldn’t say we cheated. There was no winding up that Marquis and Wilks are capable of. Wrights yellow card was a good foul and shows we’ve sorted that side of our game.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 14, 2018, 08:36:39 am by RedJ »
Love being shithouse Kitsons. Love winning as shithouse Kitsons. Can't say we cheated though. Where was the cheating?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 14, 2018, 08:40:20 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Am i right in saying Wright will miss the next match with that yellow? So long as its yellows and not reds i think we can handle the odd game out for players its what squads are for

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 14, 2018, 08:45:38 am by Padge_DRFC »
Yes confirmed he is banned for the Gollingham game. Problem is going to be the 10 yellow card issue. I haven’t seen Anderson play this season. Hope he can do a job

niteowler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 14, 2018, 08:58:19 am by niteowler »
Don't think the idiot brigade go to midweek matches as much as it is usually past their bedtime by the time the game finishes !

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 14, 2018, 09:26:14 am by NickDRFC »
Everyone knows we have some absolute scrotes as fans who the club would be better off without, but I hope that’s not true about Marosi & Butler - I’d be very disappointed if that’s the case.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 14, 2018, 09:36:52 am by RedJ »
Get f**ked, Kitsons!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 14, 2018, 09:37:37 am by Filo »
I’m sure the Rochdale fans will have been shouting Bravo Doncaster, jolly good show, it’s a football match ffs! Testosterone is in abundance

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 14, 2018, 09:39:13 am by Guernsey Exile »
I would be disappointed if it was either of them that did that, especially Butler with all his community awards and community commitments. It will all come out in the wash i guess

That said, i think its bullshit!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 14, 2018, 09:40:31 am by Padge_DRFC »
Did Marosi get anything from the fans during the game?

All fans give the keeper stick during games and then get upset when they give it back?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 14, 2018, 09:41:40 am by NickDRFC »
I’m sure the Rochdale fans will have been shouting Bravo Doncaster, jolly good show, it’s a football match ffs! Testosterone is in abundance

I want our players to give everything on the pitch but I don’t want them shouting and swearing at families in the stands. There’s an obvious line that shouldn’t be crossed.

May not be true though.

darren61

« Reply #23 on October 14, 2018, 09:42:37 am by darren61 »
Did Marosi get anything from the fans during the game?

All fans give the keeper stick during games and then get upset when they give it back

:that:

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 14, 2018, 09:42:52 am by Michael Shaw »
We seem to have a rising tide of morons in our fan base, and the number of comments we are getting about a small number of fans needs to be dealt with by the club, if they really want to be family friendly. I hope Marosi and Butler get a good telling off by McCann as there is no need for that. Maybe the players should be fined by the FA if that is what it takes to put a stop to it. Clubs need to see fans with smoke bombs charged with a criminal offence and put a stop to that too.
Anyone who thinks this behaviour is acceptable is a neanderthal.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 14, 2018, 09:45:58 am by Michael Shaw »
No doubt the neanderthals will all speak up now and try to defend themselves. They should be charged with public disorder.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 14, 2018, 09:50:41 am by mutleyrover »
Would take the Rochdale fans comments with a pinch of salt. If they have NEVER seen anything in the away end like this before they can’t have been going to matches long. Remember a couple of years ago at the Oldham match some major disturbances and this was not a one off for Bury and Oldham visits.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/watch-shocking-violence-rochdale-versus-8205541

That said, the young idiots there to cause trouble should all be banned. No place for flares or that behaviour in any area of the stadium.  Very surprised by the comments about Marosi and Butler and disappointing if true.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:58:15 am by mutleyrover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 14, 2018, 09:51:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
No right-minded person wants to be associated with the knuckle scrapers and I reckon their presence reduces the attendances considerably.

Regarding the claim about Marosi and Butler, I too would be very disappointed if it was true. We have past experience of such behaviour ourselves with kitsons like Kitson and Aaron Wilbraham, who ironically is now at Rochdale.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 14, 2018, 09:52:21 am by Campsall rover »
Hi guys,

Dale fan in peace here just coming with an explanation for the above thread and the general anger coming from our end.

First of all, the game... fair play you beat us, if we could finish that game could have ended up 5-4 but as it is, you were clinical and that's all it takes, I'm sure you'll do well this season.

Now I stand in the terrace behind the goal, next to where your lot were sat.

Closest to the away stand is generally the older generation and families with kids, it's usually where they stand and have no bother from any away fans, because they can see it's people just there to watch the game and enjoy it.

Sadly, your lot ruined it for yourselves today. Smoke bombs were thrown directly at this group of fans and I know several people who had to move away from the area because their children were direct targets to missiles and smoke bombs.

I can almost forgive it if there is another bunch of 'hooligans' or whatever you want to call it giving it large back, but there was no reaction and these were kids, families and general fans that were being targeted.

I know people are offended very easily these days but we have NEVER had this problem from another set of fans and quite honestly it was a disgrace.

This was followed at the full time whistle by your goalkeeper turning to our fans, punching his fists in the air and shouting "F*ck off you c*nts", and your number 6 following it up with "Get f*cked, f*ck off" whilst gesticulating at our fans who had gathered to clap our players off.

Again, this has never happened during my 19 years attending Dale games.

Official complaints have been made to both football clubs and The FA by several fans who witnessed and heard this and I would be amazed if neither players receives retrospective punishment for their actions.

Tensions were already high and to turn round and shout at a set of home fans that they are c*nts is quite unbelievable.

Really disappointed in the actions of Doncaster Rovers today, a thoroughly good team with a really good set of fans, completely and utterly let down and embarrassed by two players and a group of fans.

I look forward to our next meeting at the Keepmoat, always enjoy our away days there!
I can only apologise for a small section of moronic idiots mostly 15/16 year olds who are determined it would seem to cause as much antagonism as possible. They need rounding up and punished severely. It really is about time they were dealt with in such a way that they will never be seen at a football match again. They are a total disgrace to our family orientated club for which we receive well deserved numerous awards.
As for Marosi our goalkeeper and Butler centre back, who is a very experienced and very well respected player. To be honest this would seem very out of character and some of your supporters must have been winding him up something rotten for him to say what he did. Having said that if he did say what you said even under intense provocation he should have known better.
No doubt this will be looked into further. Sorry your day was spoiled.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 14, 2018, 10:00:28 am by Campsall rover »
Get f**ked, Kitsons!
Who’s that comment aimed at. Rochdale supporters with kids or our band of moronic followers ( I am not going to use the word supporters ) as that is what they definitely are not.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012