Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:19:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rochdale fans.........we’re not too popular!  (Read 7325 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Rochdale fans.........we’re not too popular!
« Reply #30 on October 14, 2018, 10:41:24 am by RedJ »
Get f**ked, Kitsons!
Who’s that comment aimed at. Rochdale supporters with kids or our band of moronic followers ( I am not going to use the word supporters ) as that is what they definitely are not.

Anyone and everyone who is or could be considered to be a Kitson, I'd have thought.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 14, 2018, 10:42:29 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I assume they turned a blind eye to their number 8 who spent a good two minutes ranting at swearing at our fans....

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 14, 2018, 11:11:16 am by Geoff Blakesley »
Never mind he did this and he did that or this is what happens at football matches IT IS WRONG and not what we are about as a family friendly club ! The club/police need to sort out the morons that follow the club and make sure they are banned. I have seen them fighting amongst themselves walking away from the keepmoat which is why I tend to stick mainly to I-follow these days.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 14, 2018, 11:17:19 am by Bristol Red Rover »
....Sadly, your lot ruined it for yourselves today. Smoke bombs were thrown directly at this group of fans and I know several people who had to move away from the area because their children were direct targets to missiles and smoke bombs.

I can almost forgive it if there is another bunch of 'hooligans' or whatever you want to call it giving it large back, but there was no reaction and these were kids, families and general fans that were being targeted.....

From what I saw on the vids the smoke bombs were thrown on the pitch in the corner.

Having a "family section" next to the away fans is a bit dim.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 14, 2018, 11:18:45 am by Copps is Magic »
This would be a story if the hypocrisy of 3k fans shouting abuse every week at the players wasn't there.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 14, 2018, 11:19:47 am by Boomstick »
That Rochdale fan has GROSSLY exaggerated what actually happened.
Yes there were smoke bombs, not not one was thrown at their fans, and nothing else was thrown.
Yes there was some gesticulating and goading, but then its nothing unusual.
(I was stood quite close to the corner)

So if this Rochdale fan can fabricate things that didn't happen with the fans. I would say what he says about our players, is more rubbish.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 14, 2018, 11:22:34 am by RedJ »
Aye, the smoke bombs were thrown onto the pitch. That doesn't make it any better, but it was thrown straight outwards, nowhere near the terraced stand, so he's talking shite if he reckons they were throwing them at the fans.

f**king cretins who didn't want to get caught so got shut of them, I'd imagine.

FeDale

« Reply #37 on October 14, 2018, 01:28:37 pm by FeDale »
Sorry guys, apologies I'd had a few drinks last night and I've been informed that the smoke bombs were thrown at the pitch not the crowd, however one did hit the roof of the stand which is where my misinterpretation of the situation came from.

I'm happy for my post to be deleted whilst this all gets sorted out, honest mistake when it came to the smoke bombs and their trajectory.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 14, 2018, 01:58:34 pm by adamtherover »
Yes there were smoke bombs, not not one was thrown at their fans, and nothing else was thrown.

So if this Rochdale fan can fabricate things that didn't happen with the fans. I would say what he says about our players, is more rubbish.

this is incorrect,  i saw a steward in the home end pick up a red flare, its been confirmed on the other thread about this that it was thrown, then hit the roof of the home terrace then fell to the ground in front of them.. bang out of order...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 14, 2018, 02:23:03 pm by The Red Baron »
With the amount of CCTV in grounds it shouldn't be difficult to identify the flare-throwers and ban and / or prosecute them.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 14, 2018, 02:26:22 pm by selby »
  When it comes to the cheating factor, two penalties given in different games months apart very similar, a tackle from behind on a defender kicking the ball, make contact and go over, too similar to be a coincidence, I think someone at little old Rochdale has been practicing a little cheating.
  It's a good one as well, I have not seen it anywhere else, get the vid out of Cannon going over in the Cheka trade  last season and that yesterday, very similar, but practice makes perfect.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 14, 2018, 04:27:13 pm by eastender »
Hi guys,

Dale fan in peace here just coming with an explanation for the above thread and the general anger coming from our end.

First of all, the game... fair play you beat us, if we could finish that game could have ended up 5-4 but as it is, you were clinical and that's all it takes, I'm sure you'll do well this season.

Now I stand in the terrace behind the goal, next to where your lot were sat.

Closest to the away stand is generally the older generation and families with kids, it's usually where they stand and have no bother from any away fans, because they can see it's people just there to watch the game and enjoy it.

Sadly, your lot ruined it for yourselves today. Smoke bombs were thrown directly at this group of fans and I know several people who had to move away from the area because their children were direct targets to missiles and smoke bombs.

I can almost forgive it if there is another bunch of 'hooligans' or whatever you want to call it giving it large back, but there was no reaction and these were kids, families and general fans that were being targeted.

I know people are offended very easily these days but we have NEVER had this problem from another set of fans and quite honestly it was a disgrace.

This was followed at the full time whistle by your goalkeeper turning to our fans, punching his fists in the air and shouting "F*ck off you c*nts", and your number 6 following it up with "Get f*cked, f*ck off" whilst gesticulating at our fans who had gathered to clap our players off.

Again, this has never happened during my 19 years attending Dale games.

Official complaints have been made to both football clubs and The FA by several fans who witnessed and heard this and I would be amazed if neither players receives retrospective punishment for their actions.

Tensions were already high and to turn round and shout at a set of home fans that they are c*nts is quite unbelievable.

Really disappointed in the actions of Doncaster Rovers today, a thoroughly good team with a really good set of fans, completely and utterly let down and embarrassed by two players and a group of fans.

I look forward to our next meeting at the Keepmoat, always enjoy our away days there!
I can only apologise for a small section of moronic idiots mostly 15/16 year olds who are determined it would seem to cause as much antagonism as possible. They need rounding up and punished severely. It really is about time they were dealt with in such a way that they will never be seen at a football match again. They are a total disgrace to our family orientated club for which we receive well deserved numerous awards.
As for Marosi our goalkeeper and Butler centre back, who is a very experienced and very well respected player. To be honest this would seem very out of character and some of your supporters must have been winding him up something rotten for him to say what he did. Having said that if he did say what you said even under intense provocation he should have known better.
No doubt this will be looked into further. Sorry your day was spoiled.

The family stand at Rochdale , is the seated stand behind the goal to the Left of the Rovers Fans.
It would take some Olympic standard throw for a Flare to reach them , considering the Rovers fans were at the opposite end of the ground.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 11:11:22 pm by eastender »

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 14, 2018, 05:07:30 pm by Wild Rover »
He didn't say it was the "Family Stand", just elderly folk and folk with families tend to congregate.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 14, 2018, 05:11:27 pm by scawsby steve »
Did Marosi get anything from the fans during the game?

All fans give the keeper stick during games and then get upset when they give it back?

Well said Padge. The best example of this was at Burton; fans were chanting at Bywater all the game, accusing him of being a paedo, which was way out of line. At the end of the game he took the p*ss, which was only right and proper.

You dish it out, you have to take some back.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 14, 2018, 09:26:17 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm really monumentally fed up of the moron brigade that come to our away games. Always bringing flares and giving it large despite being little scrotes. Really ruins the experience for our proper fans sometimes, fortunately I've got a good knack for sitting away from the areas they usually congregate in.

That said, I was sat just in front of what I believe was an older gentlemen who shouted brief racial abuse at Niall Mason and continually called the near side linesman a derogatory term for a homosexual man, and shouted that the referee must be his boyfriend. So it's not just youngsters.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 14, 2018, 09:35:53 pm by Campsall rover »
I'm really monumentally fed up of the moron brigade that come to our away games. Always bringing flares and giving it large despite being little scrotes. Really ruins the experience for our proper fans sometimes, fortunately I've got a good knack for sitting away from the areas they usually congregate in.

That said, I was sat just in front of what I believe was an older gentlemen who shouted brief racial abuse at Niall Mason and continually called the near side linesman a derogatory term for a homosexual man, and shouted that the referee must be his boyfriend. So it's not just youngsters.
I agree it’s not just youngsters. Some of them will have parents so what does it say about them.
Most youths behaviour is a reflection on the way they have been brought up. They just don’t know the difference in right and wrong and have no respect or consideration for anyone else.
If parents don’t understand these fundamentals of decency then their kids won’t either.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 14, 2018, 10:19:05 pm by johnny rovers »

They haven't blown it out of proportion. The first flare thrown didn't go into their crowd but it came very close to hitting Phil Ryan and another photographer who is employed by club Doncaster who were behind that goal doing there job. Disgusting behaviour if you ask me, especially the idiot who threw the one that came within inches of hitting the linesman. Luckily the copper arrested the individual and will hopefully be getting a lengthy ban.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 15, 2018, 11:45:32 am by Axholme Lion »
I take it these are the same Rochdale fans who thought it was a good idea to run on the pitch and up to the Millwall end, taking the micheal after knocking us out of the cup last season?
Had it kicked off they wouldn't have been the ones getting the blame would they?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 15, 2018, 11:59:34 am by VivaRovers »
Luckily the copper arrested the individual and will hopefully be getting a lengthy ban.

Proper comedy timing on that as well, with the policeman grabbing the lad in question by the shoulder just as he was happily chanting "we do what we want".

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 15, 2018, 04:04:36 pm by Filo »
Sorry guys, apologies I'd had a few drinks last night and I've been informed that the smoke bombs were thrown at the pitch not the crowd, however one did hit the roof of the stand which is where my misinterpretation of the situation came from.

I'm happy for my post to be deleted whilst this all gets sorted out, honest mistake when it came to the smoke bombs and their trajectory.

You’ve basically admitted there that your post was sour grapes

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 16, 2018, 07:04:29 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I’ve always had a soft spot for Dale. Good away days and their fans have always been spot on. We used to play their fans before the game. Does that still happen? There are always a couple who have a gripe though. Same the world over really.

It does still happen, we played them at Cantley Park last season and they thoroughly dusted us 11-0 , can’t beat a good close game
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 07:48:27 am by Mustapha-Dump »

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 16, 2018, 10:14:29 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I’ve always had a soft spot for Dale. Good away days and their fans have always been spot on. We used to play their fans before the game. Does that still happen? There are always a couple who have a gripe though. Same the world over really.

It does still happen, we played them at Cantley Park last season and they thoroughly dusted us 11-0 , can’t be a good close game

They were offside for 10 of them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012