Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:45:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: To Bentley Bullet My(Selby's) real thoughts on Alfie May  (Read 2380 times)

selby

• VSC Member
To Bentley Bullet My(Selby's) real thoughts on Alfie May
« on October 16, 2018, 08:54:53 am by selby »
  BB, I think I owe you and probably one or two others an explanation.
   Do I think Afie May Is good enough as a squad player YES
   Has he improved as a player Definitely.
   Do I support him when he is playing, and do I want him to do well ( and score goals) Every MINUTE he is on the pitch.
 Do I admire his attitude Definitely. His effort and enthusiasm cannot be questioned.
   Why am I critical, people will probably be surprised, because it is the opposite of why others love his game, HE TRIES TO DO TOO MUCH.
   Let me explain, He runs all over the place, as a striker it is commendable but NOT HIS JOB. His job is to score goals, which unfortunately he has not done regularly enough to warrent a start, either in reserve games or first team games, and it affects John's effectiveness as they are not close enough together.
   He works very hard 20 to thirty yards away from the goal not in the area., in front of defenders, and as McGahey did at Rochdale is shoved about and easily dealt with.
   I think he should be looking at how to score goals, how he scores most of them, and not the two worldies he has scored this season in cup games, which thrilled me as much as anyone, but yes he has it in his locker but come off now and again and not against better sides.
  Most of his goals have been from close range in the box getting across his marker, that's when he gets in the box and is not running all over the place. They are the runs he has to start making more regularly, get in them positions, repeat repeat and repeat again, and then we can consider him a striker because he will score goals.
  And that's it, at the moment I do not see him as a goal scorer, and such as Crawford are better in the areas he does most of his work now, just outside the box. When he is in front of a big defender he is easy pickings most of the time, and has not got the pace over distance to run away from 90% of defenders in a sprint.
  As for Brexit, I do agree with you broadly.
   The clock is in reference to you constantly quoting his  goals to time on the pitch, as against Mandevilles, which did not include Cheka trade  just league and cup conveniently, just a joke on my part, as it's been quite a while in the league.
   I started another thread so as not to spoil the other one, and wanted to clear one or two things up, if you don't agree please feel free to have a go at me, although it is a busy day today on my other computers so I maybe a while before I can respond.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: To Bentley Bullet My(Selby's) real thoughts on Alfie May
« Reply #1 on October 16, 2018, 09:02:32 am by RedJ »
Jesus Christ get over it Liam Mandeville isn't at the club presently get over it. It's getting a bit tragic now mate.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:17:13 pm by RedJ »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 16, 2018, 09:45:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
Selby. Marquis runs all over the pitch despite it not being his job as a striker to do so but is highly commended for it. How can May, or any strike partner for that matter make sure they stay close together unless they follow Marquis all over the pitch? I don't know if you've noticed, but in truth, NO strike partner to Marquis has scored prolifically, and in fact, Marquis has not provided an assist this season. I think Marquis, like every other striker, relishes and thrives on the fact that he won't be dropped. unfortunately, his strike partners don't have that massive advantage. Alfie May was given a decent run in the team early last season, and was our top scorer. He then got injured and struggled to get back into the side.

Your bet that Mandy would score more goals in league two than May would in league one doesn't make him a better player!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 16, 2018, 10:01:48 am by RoversAlias »
How boring is this now? It's so bloody tedious. We certainly didn't need another thread on it.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 16, 2018, 10:07:05 am by MachoMadness »
I never expected "Mandeville or May" to be the new "SO'D or Saunders" but here we are.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 16, 2018, 10:23:17 am by Pancho Regan »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 16, 2018, 10:56:59 am by RedJ »
I never expected "Mandeville or May" to be the new "SO'D or Saunders" but here we are.
Most bizarre thing is, they're BOTH Rovers players. But you'd think May had brutally murdered Mandeville's entire family and torn up his contract in front of his tortured eyes then forced him to move to the coast just so he could usurp him the way selby goes on.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 16, 2018, 03:41:39 pm by selby »
  Just for the record, and so there is no misunderstanding it is Alfie v Wilks now, I would start Wilks.
  He is stronger, faster, can actually beat a defender, and scores more goals.
  What's your opinion?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:44:31 pm by selby »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 16, 2018, 04:09:53 pm by scawsby steve »
  Just for the record, and so there is no misunderstanding it is Alfie v Wilks now, I would start Wilks.
  What's your opinion?

My opinion Brian is that you should just leave it alone now and retain some dignity. OK, it's a forum and you're just as entitled to your opinion as anyone else, but you're turning it into an argument, and it's one you just can't win, because at the end of the day, the only opinion that counts is GM's, and that certainly doesn't concur with yours.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 16, 2018, 07:59:15 pm by Campsall rover »
I really don’t know what the problem is. Brian has come on to explain he is not anti Alfie May and given very credible reasons as to what he perceives as his strengths and weekness’s
What’s the problem with that. I thought that was what this forum was all about.
I don’t agree with all that Brian says but on this one I agree 100%
It’s about opinions. Would be a very boring world if we were all programmed to think alike.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 16, 2018, 09:47:00 pm by selby »
  I have just trawled through the last 6 pages of threads on this forum, and apart from my jousting friends Bentley Bullet and Scawsby Steve none of the others have started a thread at all.
  Barbed comments  and  "likes" to each other seems to be their turn on, and not putting something to be discussed or shot at or saying what they actually think, just sniping at others to score points. At least two of them used to ridicule the way Mandeville looked, and ran, nothing to do with football, and were the main reason I took my stance at the time and the language they used.
  Just one other thing Scawsby Steve looking at the Coventry and Charlton threads, you really must get to know more about train time tables.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 16, 2018, 10:53:33 pm by RedJ »
  I have just trawled through the last 6 pages of threads on this forum, and apart from my jousting friends Bentley Bullet and Scawsby Steve none of the others have started a thread at all.
  Barbed comments  and  "likes" to each other seems to be their turn on, and not putting something to be discussed or shot at or saying what they actually think, just sniping at others to score points. At least two of them used to ridicule the way Mandeville looked, and ran, nothing to do with football, and were the main reason I took my stance at the time and the language they used.
  Just one other thing Scawsby Steve looking at the Coventry and Charlton threads, you really must get to know more about train time tables.

So that final sentence isn't sniping hahahaha

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 16, 2018, 11:09:52 pm by scawsby steve »

I've done it Brian; I've kicked Coventry into touch, and have got my train tickets for Charlton. With my senior rail card, the whole journey, including the train to and from King's Cross, the Tube to and from London Bridge, and the train to and from Charlton, has cost just £49. 80. I think that's quite reasonable for a good day out in London with a Rovers match thrown in.

I'm going out on the 09.48 train, and coming back on the 19.03. I can't wait.

Watch the bloody game be postponed.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 17, 2018, 01:46:12 am by RoversAlias »
  What's your opinion?

It's sad as owt, this. Please give it a rest, try going a week- or even a month - without taking a shot at Alfie May on here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012