Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:33:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Advice for tomorrow  (Read 3309 times)

Barnie41

• Forum Member
Advice for tomorrow
« on November 16, 2018, 09:23:16 am by Barnie41 »
Long time lurker - Blades ST holder and second team is Rovers. Bringing my nephew over tomorrow for his first non Blades game, so wondering about parking. Do some of the businesses around the ground still open up for parking - its awhile since I was last over (Newport County with Jon Parkin leading their 'attack'😀) or wheres best to park up - and of course - tips for a decent beer before?
Cheers!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Advice for tomorrow
« Reply #1 on November 16, 2018, 09:30:13 am by idler »
On street parking up the street opposite Porcalinosa or park on their forecourt for £4 Barnie.
I usually park up and then walk past the ground and round the lake to the Cheswold for the hand pulled Black Sheep.
The Belle Vue bar is ok if you want to stay at the ground and will have footy on the tv.
Glad you still have an interest in us after all these years and hope that the blades continue to do well for you.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 16, 2018, 09:30:19 am by Barmby Rover »
Try Carolina court or Wisconsin drive, a bit of a walk to the stadium but easily get out to the motorway from there.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 16, 2018, 10:06:29 am by RedJ »
The road to the right of the roundabout next to the ground you can park almost all the way along right down to the cinema, or the cinema car park itself is a good bet as well. Have to walk round the lake but it's a five minute walk.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 16, 2018, 11:32:32 am by donnievic »
My advice is don’t come and let your nephew sit through having to watch us try and defend unless of course your bringing him cos he has been naughty lol

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 16, 2018, 12:18:48 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Is it a belated Halloween horror show event for the lad?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 16, 2018, 03:14:16 pm by jonnydog »
Advice - get a gun, shoot your self in the foot, go home!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 16, 2018, 03:42:12 pm by Donnywolf »
Try Carolina court or Wisconsin drive, a bit of a walk to the stadium but easily get out to the motorway from there.

Ditto to this one. Pass B&Q and go over Mallard Bridge - Turn right at Traffic Lights at bottom of Bridge and first right once round the corner (100 yards). Then pick a spot ! I usually get a road spot when arriving 1 hour before KO. Others dont but they park in any of the open Car Parks without paying / or getting Tickets

10 minute walk to Ground and same back and then especially tomorrow there should be easy getaway

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 16, 2018, 04:15:02 pm by selby »
Bentley Bullet, jonnydog, donnievic, OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 16, 2018, 06:21:16 pm by scawsby steve »
Bentley Bullet, jonnydog, donnievic, OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH.

I agree with that to a certain point Brian, in as much as I think we will strengthen in January, as I've alluded to in another thread. However, those guys are talking about our horror show defending, and I can't honestly see that changing anytime soon.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

niteowler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 16, 2018, 07:18:46 pm by niteowler »
Street parking accross from porcelanosa is where I park and is only 5 mins walk from the ground. A tip however is when you arrive go to the other end  and turn around so you are facing the right way to exit after the game otherwise you could be there a long time driving against the traffic trying to get out . Hope we can give you win on your return !

Barnie41

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 16, 2018, 07:44:49 pm by Barnie41 »
Evening folks. I've just had to check that I hadn't accidentally posted on the Spireites forum 😀. If you think you've got problems you need to have a look there.
Looking forward to being back and thanks for the info - and laughs!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 16, 2018, 08:11:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bring Billy.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 16, 2018, 08:45:08 pm by Paul Simpson »
Defend!!!

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 16, 2018, 08:59:33 pm by Donnyjim »
My advice would be, go to the bookies and put a bet on the opposition scoring from the first corner? Lol.

On a serious note enjoy - hope we look after you. 👍

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 16, 2018, 09:24:54 pm by BigH »
Defend!!!
Nope, score.

Everything this team does is scoped around us scoring first. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. Score first, we believe and we win. Fail to do that, we concede and then we lose.

Last week was the break in the clouds. We didn't lose. Let's see whether that benefits our mentality.

Seriously, we blow so many scoring chances it's not funny. Beyond a joke now. That's where the real problem lies IMHO.

Barnie41

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 17, 2018, 07:35:22 pm by Barnie41 »
Thanks for the advice.
Parked up - Lakeside pub for a drink, then into the home of football nice and early.
Was a bit concerned with the start - poor defending for their goal. Cracking equaliser and winner. Need some work on corners and set plays though.
Love the two pages of deliberate irony in the programme. AFC Wimbledon Four to watch - Top stopper/ midfield maestro/ defensive rock and deadly striker - for a team 23rd in the league and -16 gd. I'm assuming either the players write their own headlines or your programme writer nicked two pages from Man Citys writer 😂
Not the best display I've ever seen at Donny but I've seen far far worse than that over the many years I've been visiting.
Win ugly - three points in the bag - job done.
Glad I didn't take a gun to my own foot as suggested. I'd have been in A and E and missed that quality strike 😀.
The nephew had both to score and a Donny win too.
Happy days - we'll be back.
Good luck for the season folks!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 17, 2018, 09:07:12 pm by drfchound »
Defend!!!
Nope, score.

Everything this team does is scoped around us scoring first. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. Score first, we believe and we win. Fail to do that, we concede and then we lose.

Last week was the break in the clouds. We didn't lose. Let's see whether that benefits our mentality.

Seriously, we blow so many scoring chances it's not funny. Beyond a joke now. That's where the real problem lies IMHO.

Well, we conceded the first goal today and went on to win the game.
We visibly grew in confidence after Crawford’s cracker.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 17, 2018, 09:44:02 pm by Boomstick »
Thanks for the advice.
Parked up - Lakeside pub for a drink, then into the home of football nice and early.
Was a bit concerned with the start - poor defending for their goal. Cracking equaliser and winner. Need some work on corners and set plays though.
Love the two pages of deliberate irony in the programme. AFC Wimbledon Four to watch - Top stopper/ midfield maestro/ defensive rock and deadly striker - for a team 23rd in the league and -16 gd. I'm assuming either the players write their own headlines or your programme writer nicked two pages from Man Citys writer 😂
Not the best display I've ever seen at Donny but I've seen far far worse than that over the many years I've been visiting.
Win ugly - three points in the bag - job done.
Glad I didn't take a gun to my own foot as suggested. I'd have been in A and E and missed that quality strike 😀.
The nephew had both to score and a Donny win too.
Happy days - we'll be back.
Good luck for the season folks!

you from donny?

Barnie41

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 17, 2018, 09:54:39 pm by Barnie41 »
Lived/ worked there years ago but been away a long time now. Soft spot for DRFC.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012