Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:11:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wimbledon game  (Read 1631 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Wimbledon game
« on November 17, 2018, 09:34:09 pm by roversdude »
Not a game that will live long in the memory however 3 points in the bag.
We looked low on confidence epitomised by Marquis. Anderson looked terrified when he had the ball.
As others have mentioned Mason had a good game (I think he’s played well most of the season)
Copps disappeared from the game having had some great touches early on
2 cracking goals and a timely return from Tommy Rowe.
Herbie Kane easily the best player on the pitch again, however he must be sore in the morning after an afternoon of assault condoned by a weak official (even his whistle was feeble).
Hopefully the win gives the confidence a boost, not sure if McCann was expecting the worse as he seemed dressed for an interview (lol)
By the way what flavour of numpty was operating a drone next to the ground, hope it was shot down and FUBAR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Re: Wimbledon game
« Reply #1 on November 17, 2018, 09:39:16 pm by 5minstogo »
I've no idea why we insisted on playing it back to Anderson when he clearly didn't want it

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 17, 2018, 09:48:17 pm by drfchound »
Anderson did nothing wrong today.
He is not the best football player in the world and to be fair to him he was a no nonsense defender today.
Won his battles and didn’t take any chances of getting caught in possession.

There were two or three times in the game though when he played nice one twos and I enjoyed seeing him do that.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 17, 2018, 11:05:23 pm by Barmby Rover »
The worst player on the pitch today was undoubtedly Marquis, no control, feeble attempts on goal and running round like a headless chicken.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 17, 2018, 11:08:06 pm by CottyRover »
The worst player on the pitch today was undoubtedly Marquis, no control, feeble attempts on goal and running round like a headless chicken.

Did he have any  shots on goal? Let's hope he gets his mojo back really soon!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 18, 2018, 12:05:44 am by RoversAlias »
Anderson did nothing wrong today.
He is not the best football player in the world and to be fair to him he was a no nonsense defender today.
Won his battles and didn’t take any chances of getting caught in possession.

There were two or three times in the game though when he played nice one twos and I enjoyed seeing him do that.

Agreed. His gangly nature makes him look naturally unnatural when in possession. Rob Jones was the same, it isn't indicative of his actual ability and I definitely think Anderson did well today.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 18, 2018, 01:39:17 pm by RedJ »
Anderson was steady yesterday. Been total shite in recent weeks but very much like what I thought we were getting based on last season yesterday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012