Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:57:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Not so....INVINCIBLE Barnsley  (Read 3381 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Not so....INVINCIBLE Barnsley
« on November 25, 2018, 01:38:27 pm by sha66y »
 :coat: :crying:By all accounts from both camps, we did a pretty good job on our nearest and not so dearest rivals, however I can’t help feel we have done them a big favour...
( They have met what other teams meet when Barnsley turn up ...a fast pressing game that’s hard to contain ) ...yet done better?

I think the feeling of invincibility that they have become accustomed too will have been dented somewhat after yesterday....

So going forward I will watch and see how they react to being “ out-pressed” on their own ground over the next few weeks.....

because... if we have hurt them mentally enough they will either go into games with an element of fear, or they will see where they were lacking and plug the gaps....we shall see!

We on the other hand can now focus on what we do best....
. By “ out-pressing” teams until they crack....just wish Marquis would get his head out is ass, and start doing what He does best.....scoring!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:21:26 pm by sha66y »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: INVINCIBLE Barnsley?
« Reply #1 on November 25, 2018, 01:47:32 pm by the vicar »
I went into the ground yesterday and as I went to my seat the stewards said have you got a ticket sir, I looked at him in amazement and said err I don't think I would of got this far without one so he said errrr oh no you are correct, typical Dingles

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 25, 2018, 02:54:05 pm by tyke1962 »
By all accounts from both camps, we did a pretty good job on our nearest and not so dearest rivals, however I can’t help feel we have done them a big favour...
( They have met what other teams meet when Barnsley turn up ...a fast pressing game that’s hard to contain ) ...yet done better?

I think the feeling of invincibility that they have become accustomed too will have been dented somewhat after yesterday....

So going forward I will watch and see how they react to being “ out-pressed” on their own ground over the next few weeks.....

because... if we have hurt them mentally enough they will either go into games with an element of fear, or they will see where they were lacking and plug the gaps....we shall see!

. By “ out-pressing” teams until they crack....just wish Marquis would get his head out is ass, and start doing what He does best.....scoring!

Most of what is said and written on how supposedly we are best team in the league or definate top two material has come from opposition managers and fans and never from us .

We've had our moments this season but the majority of what I've seen is distinctly average and the majority of our fans , coaching team and players know that too .

Other than the opening day win at home to Oxford I'm struggling to remember us putting two decent halfs together at Oakwell .

Sometimes I wonder if this misconception comes from the fact we have extremely wealthy owners , whilst they maybe wealthy the club certainly isn't , two different things .

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:12:26 pm by tyke1962 »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 25, 2018, 03:30:32 pm by Donnywolf »
... as I for one dont read other Teams Reports as a rule I (personally) assumed that the Results of BFC and their resulting League position were down to being better than most of the Teams they had played whether Home or Away

After all they say the Table does bit lie  dont they ?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 25, 2018, 03:48:55 pm by tyke1962 »
... as I for one dont read other Teams Reports as a rule I (personally) assumed that the Results of BFC and their resulting League position were down to being better than most of the Teams they had played whether Home or Away

After all they say the Table does bit lie  dont they ?

It doesn't lie after 46 games mate but after 18 games there could be a porky or two in there .

:lol:

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 25, 2018, 03:54:16 pm by sha66y »
By all accounts from both camps, we did a pretty good job on our nearest and not so dearest rivals, however I can’t help feel we have done them a big favour...

Most of what is said and written on how supposedly we are best team in the league or definate top two material has come from opposition managers and fans and never from us .

We've had our moments this season but the majority of what I've seen is distinctly average and the majority of our fans , coaching team and players know that too .

Other than the opening day win at home to Oxford I'm struggling to remember us putting two decent halfs together at Oakwell .

Sometimes I wonder if this misconception comes from the fact we have extremely wealthy owners , whilst they maybe wealthy the club certainly isn't , two different things .

Has my learned colleague Donnywolf states... you are up at the top because you are better than those below you...

Your results have been very impressive, and your consistency enviable.....

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 26, 2018, 07:06:58 am by Donnywolf »
Wow "learned colleague" I am honoured !  :thumbsup:

(oops hope you dont mean like Reply#106 in "What winds you up Thread"  :) )

« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 07:10:40 am by Donnywolf »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 26, 2018, 01:45:38 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Dingles are at Slumberland t'morrow lose please
Portsmouth home on th 15th win please

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: INVINCIBLE Barnsley? don't think so
« Reply #8 on November 27, 2018, 08:18:39 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
not A.T.M.I.T.

2-0 down after 20 minutes   goals 19th & 20th minute  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 27, 2018, 08:22:14 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
CORRECTION 3-0

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 27, 2018, 08:29:43 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
THE COMEBACK IS ON  :thumbdown: 3-1

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 27, 2018, 09:05:40 pm by Guernsey Exile »
3-2

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 27, 2018, 09:20:14 pm by Jim Dobbin »
Started the two players they rested at the weekend. Sunderlands defence is questionable in recent weeks.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 27, 2018, 09:52:20 pm by donnyallday »
We are starting to catch up jim, the dingles are having a wobble

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
Re: Not so....INVINCIBLE Barnsley
« Reply #14 on November 27, 2018, 11:14:21 pm by Jim Dobbin »
It depends which Barnsley turn up, or if their manager plays his two strikers.

www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/barnsley.1453201/ 

Sunderland will now go on and walk the league.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Not so....INVINCIBLE Barnsley
« Reply #15 on November 27, 2018, 11:20:27 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
It depends which Barnsley turn up, or if their manager plays his two strikers.

www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/barnsley.1453201/ 

Sunderland will now go on and walk the league.

seem to remember some team 50/1 ON to win a league and they didn't
 :chair:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012