Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:26:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 365953 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #5130 on November 22, 2019, 03:43:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I agree WC.

I've said before that, as a student, I used to know very well two people who became junior ministers: one under Blair, one under Cameron/May.

Neither of them were remotely in the top level of thinkers. But both had an unwaivering confidence in their own ability and the gift of the gab.

The Tory one used to be a figure of ridicule in the student political circles at the time. He once spent 15 minutes given a speech in a debate about Apartheid, referring to Steve Riko. He did it several times before someone from the audience shouted out "It's BIKO you prick!" At which he looked down at his notes and said, "Ahh...err....ahh yes. Steve BIKO." The disturbing thing is that, over the last couple of years, when i say him being interviewed on the box, he sounded like a font of wisdom compared with some of the batshittery coming from his colleagues.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #5131 on November 23, 2019, 11:19:38 am by foxbat »
You won't be seeing this on the BBC :

Johnson is helping a hostile power the U.S. Army Chief of Staff described as a worse threat than ISIS.

British TV News would never put it this clearly. Brexit helps Putin divide & weaken the West and is a wholly unnecessary act of self harm by Britain.

The Tories are traitors.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5132 on November 24, 2019, 05:02:44 pm by wilts rover »
Just announched in the Tory Manifesto that Johnson will not extend the transition period beyond Dec 2020.

Looks like No (Trade) Deal is back on the table. Or more likely accept all the terms the EU demand if he want's a deal.

What an international negotiator the man is turning out to be, how to give your opponent an advantage before the talks even start.

Go on then - vote to get Brexit gone by January!!

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1198611842899288064

TinyPortal © 2005-2012