Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:24:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 372288 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4710 on October 14, 2019, 09:58:07 am by selby »
  I really don't want this to end, it is so easy, thank you labour and your other gob sh*te friends over the weekend talking any deal down.
  A nice little 3.5% skim off the top in a hour and a half on a pull back short. Please don't  do anything silly, no less than a five year minimum extension is required.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4711 on October 14, 2019, 11:05:01 am by Not Now Kato »
  I really don't want this to end, it is so easy, thank you labour and your other gob sh*te friends over the weekend talking any deal down.
  A nice little 3.5% skim off the top in a hour and a half on a pull back short. Please don't  do anything silly, no less than a five year minimum extension is required.

There's always someone happy to 'make' off someone else's misery!   :turd:

Now, if you contributed what you 'made' to the foodbank.............

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4712 on October 14, 2019, 01:22:02 pm by selby »
 You want to see my Tax bill buddy, When you have contributed as much as I have over the years I might , just might, give you a little time to state your case. Not promising you would like the response though.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4713 on October 14, 2019, 02:52:39 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Been overcharged, have you? Or just paid the going rate, like the rest of us?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4714 on October 14, 2019, 03:10:48 pm by wilts rover »
You want to see my Tax bill buddy, When you have contributed as much as I have over the years I might , just might, give you a little time to state your case. Not promising you would like the response though.

Thanks for helping out with the missiles for the nuclear submarines that are never going to be used and the new aircraft carrier that had to turn back because it leaked. If you wouldn't mind a voluntary contribution to help out the 14 million in poverty and the 800 000 homeless that would be appreciated.

Hope you enjoy your winnings as much as Priti Patel did, smirking on the Marr show when he was reading out the list of companies who would be affected and laying people off a result of Brexit. I don't believe that all Brexiteers are cruel, mean spirited and heartless, although it is clear some are.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4715 on October 14, 2019, 03:16:56 pm by selby »
 WOOO, hit a nerve in the left foot have I.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4716 on October 14, 2019, 04:10:39 pm by SydneyRover »
I think suggesting you have paid more tax than your fair share or more than others without a shred of evidence is a bit off Selby

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4717 on October 14, 2019, 04:35:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I presume that's the foot in your mouth.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4718 on October 14, 2019, 04:56:54 pm by wilts rover »

I note you have not refuted anything in my post. I says it like I sees it...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4719 on October 14, 2019, 05:41:10 pm by selby »
  Nope, no need to, not that bothered. Didn't see the smirk as I was out doing unpaid work for a charity close to your heart.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4720 on October 14, 2019, 05:46:59 pm by RedJ »
Congrats, want a medal?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4721 on October 14, 2019, 06:07:05 pm by selby »
 No, not at all buddy, if I didn't want to do it I wouldn't.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4722 on October 14, 2019, 06:58:18 pm by Not Now Kato »
No, not at all buddy, if I didn't want to do it I wouldn't.

What, make money off the back of someone else's misery?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4723 on October 14, 2019, 07:21:16 pm by tommy toes »
I've got to stop reading this thread.
Some of the posts like Selby's above make so f***ing angry I could scream.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4724 on October 14, 2019, 08:51:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I've got to stop reading this thread.
Some of the posts like Selby's above make so f***ing angry I could scream.

Only if you believe them.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4725 on October 15, 2019, 08:52:02 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
But he is right, there is money to be made out of Brexit or any scenario.

Still no sign of a deal but it seems to be getting closer.  Interesting week ahead.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4726 on October 15, 2019, 09:13:51 am by bobjimwilly »

Still no sign of a deal but it seems to be getting closer.  Interesting week ahead.

Put money on Johnson saying at the 11th hour the EU are being unreasonable, no deal can happen and it's not his fault that he has to ask for an extension aka vote for him in the general election, pretty please

• VSC Member
« Reply #4727 on October 15, 2019, 09:24:20 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Put money on Johnson saying at the 11th hour the EU are being unreasonable, no deal can happen and it's not his fault that he has to ask for an extension aka vote for him in the general election, pretty please

That is a possibility but I actually don't think he'll do that.  The stronger play for him is to actually get a deal as he can then say "look actually I'm not this massive no dealer they all say" and it brings him back from the extremes.

But again it's whether he wants to appeal to more moderate tories or whether he actually wants to be Nigel Farage.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4728 on October 15, 2019, 09:32:04 am by BillyStubbsTears »

100%.

Plus, if he'd been able to walk away with No Deal, the EU would have bent.

And folk will believe that.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4729 on October 15, 2019, 09:53:14 am by Ldr »
Put your money on a deal, gut feeling from conversations this week

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4730 on October 15, 2019, 10:07:14 am by IDM »
Getting a deal is the only way IMHO that Johnson can survive politically.

There is too much opposition to no deal so if that happens he’ll be out.

If he caves in and asks to extent Brexit, then he’ll potentially lose the GR which will happen, or be ousted by the Tories..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4731 on October 15, 2019, 11:21:07 am by selby »
Mr Barnier has said the last chance of a deal is today, so this could be it, Bank shares are pointing towards maybe a deal, they could be the best barometer, if anybody or companies have any detail it will be them.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4732 on October 15, 2019, 11:27:04 am by IDM »
If there are signs of a deal in the offing - from both sides - would it not make sense to agree an extension to make that deal happen, rather than risk falling through simply due to an arbitrary deadline at the end of October.?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4733 on October 15, 2019, 11:40:41 am by selby »
 Probably yes IDM, I am just going on Barnier's statement saying today is the last chance to agree a deal, they are reported to be locked in talks at the moment and no detail coming out.
  The pound is up against nearly all currencies, the Euro is up against the Dollar, and the DAX  and CAC are up also the FTSE down slightly but coming off lows,  bank shares more centred on British and European business up while those more centred on Asian and US down slightly.
  With the time limit set of tonight, could be 51% to 49% chance of a deal.
   I have pulled out it is anyone's guess.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4734 on October 15, 2019, 11:48:41 am by Donnywolf »
Put your money on a deal, gut feeling from conversations this week

... and if there is put money on a move - from the minute we leave - to get us back in !

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4735 on October 15, 2019, 01:22:14 pm by Metalmicky »
The ERG will probably back it.......... but I can't see the DUP agreeing.

I can't see it getting through parliament as it won't get cross party support.

Remoaners and soft Brexiters in parliament are emboldened, with the Mr Benn Act effectively blocking a no deal exit on the 31st, so they have bought time to get something closer to their preferred option.

If it was this deal or the cliff edge I think it might/could pass, as it's not there's no need to give BoJo the glory...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4736 on October 15, 2019, 01:50:26 pm by selby »
  If a deal is agreed MM, the parties that oppose it will be buried at the next election, and are risking being of no consequence for years to come, and being responsible for the rise of the Brexit Party, especially in the north and west of England.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4737 on October 15, 2019, 02:07:49 pm by Metalmicky »
  If a deal is agreed MM, the parties that oppose it will be buried at the next election, and are risking being of no consequence for years to come, and being responsible for the rise of the Brexit Party, especially in the north and west of England.

I agree... I guess there is always a way to convince the DUP to back them again...... £££££££££££££ ; however, any deal still has to be agreed by the the EU and Parliament.  Not sure it's going to happen - then what a GE or 2nd Ref...?

• VSC Member
« Reply #4738 on October 15, 2019, 02:21:48 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If the proposals mentioned are the case, the DUP should snap their hand off, it's an unreal deal for NI that could make it very prosperous indeed.  It's also perhaps the most logical.

It's all about if there actually is a deal though and I hope there is as a no deal is just not the right answer.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4739 on October 15, 2019, 04:20:00 pm by Not Now Kato »
If the proposals mentioned are the case, the DUP should snap their hand off, it's an unreal deal for NI that could make it very prosperous indeed.  It's also perhaps the most logical.

It's all about if there actually is a deal though and I hope there is as a no deal is just not the right answer.

I'm not sure BJ's deal is the right answer either.  It seems his deal would make us worse off than May's

https://twitter.com/ChrisGiles_/status/1182595006382645249

At least he'd be able to sell it as a 'harder' Brexit than May's............   :turd:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012