Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:15:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ballboy  (Read 14913 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Ballboy
« Reply #90 on December 10, 2018, 03:09:41 pm by graingrover »
Society has a fair share of spitters of vile .Our club is at the other end of the spectrum to all this .I hope this incident makes all of us realise that our behaviour whether it be spitting or filthy chants or  angry taunts of players is what our Community NOT about .We too are the voice of our club's values at home and away .
I was pleased not to hear usual chant XXX is a shit hole I wanna  go.home .Much prefer ' RTID ' as a chant .

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Tortuga

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on December 10, 2018, 06:13:25 pm by Tortuga »
You can see Tommy and Alfie comforting the lad in the highlights video during one of our corners.  He does look very young, can’t believe someone would do that to an 8 year old.  Disgusting!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on December 10, 2018, 07:51:01 pm by drfchound »
You can see Tommy and Alfie comforting the lad in the highlights video during one of our corners.  He does look very young, can’t believe someone would do that to an 8 year old.  Disgusting!

I thought that was two gnomes asking the boy if he had written to Santa.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on December 10, 2018, 08:21:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
So who was it?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on December 10, 2018, 08:26:07 pm by Donnywolf »
So who was it?

I am a techno dunce but the bloke was named / shown on Facebook earlier so a bit of digging and you will find it I am sure

Cant remember the name and not sure I could legally post it anyway - so even if I did know it I would just send people to look for themselves IF it is still there

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on December 10, 2018, 08:58:32 pm by Alickismyhero »
So who was it?

I am a techno dunce but the bloke was named / shown on Facebook earlier so a bit of digging and you will find it I am sure

Cant remember the name and not sure I could legally post it anyway - so even if I did know it I would just send people to look for themselves IF it is still there

Sorry Wolfie, I just cant find it on Facebook. You say it was a bloke that suggests 18+? and he spat at an 8year old!!!

I don't think he will show his face at the next home game.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on December 10, 2018, 09:15:44 pm by idler »
He looked well over 18 on the photo that I saw.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on December 10, 2018, 09:20:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Must have been taken down.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on December 10, 2018, 09:51:57 pm by Alickismyhero »
He looked well over 18 on the photo that I saw.

Sounds like a bit of a hero picking on an 8 year old, bang goes his street cred

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on December 10, 2018, 11:47:34 pm by idler »
He didn't look like the type to have much to start with Alicksmyhero.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on December 11, 2018, 12:58:26 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Just seen the video and it's good to see our players being so attentive and concerned also doing the positive thing to get the lad out of the way.

Apparently to culprit is 14 and is being dealt with.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on December 11, 2018, 08:48:47 am by Alickismyhero »
how do I find the video?

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on December 11, 2018, 09:25:37 am by Jimmydee »
Alick, Highlights video after the 3rd goal.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on December 11, 2018, 09:44:27 am by wing commander »
It would appear the fan in question is a minor himself so people and the club have to be very careful on how they proceed with this due to the laws of the land so definetley no naming and shaming..

It's best if nobody goes on a witch hunt and just leave it to the club to sort out and who knows maybe some good will come out of it and the kid learns a valuable lesson that obviously his parents haven't taught him...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on December 11, 2018, 09:59:54 am by IDM »
I still can’t get my head round why even a 14 year old would think it’s OK to gozz on a much younger child.?

Yes as the culprit may be underage, he will need dealing with carefully but appropriately with what the law allows..

If his age means punishment is limited or not available, then the parents should take responsibility and therefore the retribution.  Perhaps not named if that would identify the culprit..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on December 11, 2018, 10:02:41 am by RedJ »
Was it someone on the terrace? if it was, how the f**k has a 14 year old even managed to spit that far?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on December 11, 2018, 10:16:03 am by idler »
Maybe the ballboy went right up to the barrier to retrieve the ball.
I would imagine that apart from a Keepmoat ban the lad will also be unable to travel to away games on our coaches.

the vicar

• Forum Member
Fan banned
« Reply #108 on December 13, 2018, 03:34:52 pm by the vicar »
A fan has reserved a ban from rovers from the Bristol game don't know how long for at this time but for spitting it should be a lifetime ban for me

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Fan banned
« Reply #109 on December 13, 2018, 03:46:25 pm by Donnywolf »
Good that we have taken action but I am not supportive of a Life Ban personally

I have said previously maybe he should be counselled by the Club into why we and them find it so contrary to what they are all about and why they win awards for being family friendly and be banned simultaneously and providing he agrees to the Counselling let the Club decide when he has done his time

People murder , manslaughter people , Rape and kill people while they are drunk (and run off) and they dont get Life bans. Sure I think the Spitting is appalling but for me its not a Life ban

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on December 13, 2018, 03:59:52 pm by Filo »
A fan has reserved a ban from rovers from the Bristol game don't know how long for at this time but for spitting it should be a lifetime ban for me

Did n’t know you could reserve bans, can’t think why anyone would want to reserve one like 😀

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on December 13, 2018, 04:00:07 pm by WheatleyRover »
He should be banned for a period of time, but a life time ban is way over the top, it was a vile thing to do, he should be warned after his ban has finished that if he messes up again then a long term ban would follow

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on December 13, 2018, 04:09:55 pm by IDM »

Did you read the whole of the DFP report.?  The club is taking serious action, so let’s leave them to deal with this disgusting act.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on December 13, 2018, 06:29:07 pm by since-1969 »
They are acting in the best interests of everyone!

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on December 13, 2018, 07:20:45 pm by besty »
Life bans dont work they just find another way to get in the ground,change appearance whatever.
They need educating,community service would be better imho

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on December 13, 2018, 11:54:32 pm by Drover »
Actually,I think bans work better than most people realise,yes they find another way to get in and change appearance whatever,BUT they then have to keep a low profile and stay out of trouble,because if they get caught and identified,then they will get a bigger ban or more punishment.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on December 14, 2018, 09:18:30 am by RedJ »
Actually,I think bans work better than most people realise,yes they find another way to get in and change appearance whatever,BUT they then have to keep a low profile and stay out of trouble,because if they get caught and identified,then they will get a bigger ban or more punishment.

What's bigger than a life ban? an all eternity ban?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on December 14, 2018, 09:29:38 am by silent majority »
Life bans dont work they just find another way to get in the ground,change appearance whatever.
They need educating,community service would be better imho

I have to agree with that, and in certain parts of the country its becoming standard practice. (I'm talking about remedial justice and education)

But when we talk about bans we have to be clear on the type of ban we're discussing. Are we talking about club bans that individual clubs can dish out? If so the individual is free to attend another football stadium whenever they choose. Or are we talking about banning orders? These draconian measure are being overturned on a regular basis due to their failure to demonstrate that they actually achieve what they're meant to.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 11:19:13 am by silent majority »

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on December 14, 2018, 10:19:20 am by Drover »

What's bigger than a life ban? an all eternity ban?
We'll if the ban is initially 6 months,step it up to 2yrs etc.Some people banned from driving keep driving,but if caught they get increased punishment.But if SM says he agrees it generally does'nt work,then I accept your probably right.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on December 14, 2018, 12:54:06 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
I read today that the club will be speaking to the lad who spat at the ballboy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012