Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:33:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One out on loan today apparently..  (Read 5413 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
One out on loan today apparently..
« on December 11, 2018, 10:31:50 am by wing commander »
  Must be going to a non league club obviously...Guesses?? Khemis maybe..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: One out on loan today apparently..
« Reply #1 on December 11, 2018, 10:34:12 am by GazLaz »
Beestin would be my guess.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 11, 2018, 10:38:01 am by Retdon1 »
Beestin, Ben kemis or Lund to a national league club u would think. Maybe chesterfield as they are looking to ship a few out.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 11, 2018, 10:42:59 am by IDM »
I think Besstin is closer to the first team then Ben Khenis, so I can imagine it could be him, especially with the Irish lad coming in.?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 11, 2018, 10:58:51 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Got to be one of those, just not going to make it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 11, 2018, 11:01:26 am by RoversAlias »
Aye it must be one of those three, and to be honest I'll be surprised if they haven't all left by the end if January.

I really like Beestin but he just hasn't got near the team this season for whatever reason.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 11, 2018, 11:05:55 am by Danmckay456 »
Maybe another one coming in ;-)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 11, 2018, 01:38:22 pm by steve@dcfd »
Aye it must be one of those three, and to be honest I'll be surprised if they haven't all left by the end if January.

I really like Beestin but he just hasn't got near the team this season for whatever reason.

To leave they’ll have find a club that’s interested in them, don’t see it.
Or we pay them off.
National league or lower loan is the best they will get so we can loan them month on month.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 11, 2018, 01:48:50 pm by RoversAlias »
There's always a club out there for players, no matter the level. Middleton found one (and then another and another) with no discernable attributes that make him stand out, I'm sure the likes of Lund can do the same. Beestin for me is good enough for a league club to take a punt on at the very least.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 11, 2018, 02:22:24 pm by dickos1 »
Beestin will get another decent club, football is all about opinions another manager will rate him just like Ferguson did

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 11, 2018, 02:52:04 pm by NickDRFC »
Beestin played well in a League One team last year. I’d be surprised if he couldn’t find a league two club willing to give him a chance on loan.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 11, 2018, 03:32:32 pm by watto-drfc »
Gone to Chesterfield on loan

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 11, 2018, 03:33:45 pm by Donnywolf »
 :that:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 11, 2018, 03:35:39 pm by RedJ »
Why have we sent a midfielder to a Martin Allen team when they always seem to bypass their midfields?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 11, 2018, 03:42:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
Alex Kiwomya speaks highly of him maybe he can do the same for Alfie.

Spoke to Alex Kiwomya, who scored two in a game for the first time as a professional on Saturday. Believes Martin Allen is developing him and that was why he wanted to stay at the Proact.

#drfc #Spireites

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 11, 2018, 04:13:46 pm by wing commander »
   One of those who last year would have walked into any league 2 side,but he has hardly kicked a ball in anger and I doubt he would have been in demand in January if we waited..So he goes to Chesterfield with the incentive of a new contract if he does well..If he doesn't then I guess he's another we got excited about that didn't cut it long term..Good luck to the lad,a good player..

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 11, 2018, 04:25:59 pm by StocksArmy »
Shame if he doesn't fulfill his potential. He out of all the first team squad who are out on loan is good enough to play for us. He needs to knuckle down now if he wants to get back in and further his career.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:33:18 pm by StocksArmy »

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 11, 2018, 04:26:50 pm by Branton Rover »
Far better than a Conference player he was in Our top 3 or 4 players last season in League One & now can’t seem to get anywhere near a start - I liked him and the way he played and a lot of us saw him as the long term Copps replacement - just shows how much of football is in the now.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 11, 2018, 04:55:26 pm by Donnybax »
It’s out of Beestin and and Taylor to play as the clever one in the front 3 which is coppingers position. Shame really as I think Beestin is a good player with potential and Taylor hasn’t been brilliant when he’s come on.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 11, 2018, 05:41:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Far better than a Conference player he was in Our top 3 or 4 players last season in League One & now can’t seem to get anywhere near a start - I liked him and the way he played and a lot of us saw him as the long term Copps replacement - just shows how much of football is in the now.

To be fair Copps was at that level at his age.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 11, 2018, 11:16:48 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Glad to see there is a few with the same view as me, he was absolutely one of our better players in an average league 1 team last season, yet hasn’t had a sniff this year, I really like the lad and actually hope out of any of our fringe players he makes it even if it’s not with us, great feet and always looked like he had the potential to make something happen. Hope it goes well for him

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 11, 2018, 11:21:55 pm by PDX_Rover »
Like Beestin. Bags of potential, talent and a good attitude.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 12, 2018, 09:06:50 am by steve@dcfd »
So Alfie is going to Chesterfield to fight for his future with DRFC. GM says he has gone backwards with his development and hopefully in his time at Chesterfield he will rediscover his mojo and put him self in the frame for a new contract.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-alfie-beestin-joins-chesterfield-to-fight-for-his-future-1-9487760/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 12, 2018, 02:26:12 pm by Barmby Rover »
Alfie should be pushing for a place in the team, if he is being ignored it is up to him to show that National league is too easy for him, much as Kane is finding Lg.1.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 12, 2018, 03:58:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
Alfie should be pushing for a place in the team, if he is being ignored it is up to him to show that National league is too easy for him, much as Kane is finding Lg.1.

With all do respect Alfie must improve his fitness and stamina to allow him to get around the pitch and then add that to his technical ability to prove he is any where near the Kane standard. If he can do that at National league level then he will get a contract. If he continues to fade in games after 45/60 mins he will not.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 12, 2018, 04:12:44 pm by IDM »
Talented lad, hope he can kick on and become the asset he showed promise for last season..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 12, 2018, 05:52:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You feel for Alfie, coming from Taddy and having to acclimatise to a professional club, which he did very well when given the opportunity, but now the cut throat reality of pro football has now hit him. You can understand his confidence being affected but he's got to deal with that and really show what he can do. It may not be enough as far as DRFC is concerned but it maybe enough for another club. I'm sure we all wish him well.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 12, 2018, 06:01:27 pm by NickDRFC »
Not sure I’d say I fee for him - it’s not like he’s just been tossed on the scrap heap. He has had a great opportunity joining us and jumping up the ladder, he impressed under the previous manager but hasn’t done enough under the current one to merit regular appearances. The loan will be a good move for him - if he performs well enough there and knuckles down when coming back he’s potentially still got a long term future here.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 12, 2018, 06:28:03 pm by ravenrover »
More chance of a future than someone else on loan at Chessie or Moricombie

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 12, 2018, 06:34:24 pm by Lesonthewest »
I honestly thought Beestin would nail down a place after he showed what he could do under Ferguson, looked a really good player, good luck to him at Chesterfield though where I believe he will do well. I know which one I would rather have between him & Taylor anyway, pinching money he is in my opinion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012