Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:03:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One out on loan today apparently..  (Read 5393 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: One out on loan today apparently..
« Reply #30 on December 12, 2018, 07:22:09 pm by drfchound »
Yep, I would have Beestin before Taylor too.
McCann has got more stuff right than wrong this season though so you have to accept his decision.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:11:03 pm by drfchound »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 12, 2018, 08:55:06 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I'd have Beestin before Taylor too but at his age i'd rather Beestin went on loan and played every game to earn a new contract here. Personally think he's worth an extra year or two contract it's good to have a squad player who has potential to be more if given a run of games rather than a player like Cummins who has gone as far as possible

I know people say he didn't have end product but last year we were so poor and had noting up front so if he got a run of games in a team that knows how to attack maybe the end product would of come.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 12, 2018, 09:49:53 pm by selby »
  Hound, I agree with that, but if we have ambition to be a top six side in this league, and with luck to play championship football we need a lot better players than both those two.
  I think the months loan is to see if Chesterfield or someone else want Beestin for the rest of the season more than him playing for a contract here.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 12, 2018, 10:33:11 pm by RoversAlias »
  Hound, I agree with that, but if we have ambition to be a top six side in this league, and with luck to play championship football we need a lot better players than both those two.
  I think the months loan is to see if Chesterfield or someone else want Beestin for the rest of the season more than him playing for a contract here.

McCann has literally said the complete opposite of that in extensive quotes from an interview about Beestin's move. The lad is playing for a new contract here and to try and kick-start his development again. McCann knows Martin Allen and has been encouraged by his progress so far with Kiwomya.

Proven wrong before you've even made the assertion, that might be a first.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 12, 2018, 11:12:48 pm by selby »
 We will have to  wait and see, I hope he does well at Chesterfield, and seeing as Kiwomya is on a longer contract I hope the same for him. If he does it will at least give him a chance to pick up another club if he does not get a contract here, and that is really what he is playing for at Chesterfield, another chance either here or at another club.
 He will have to improve on his performances so far this season though, he has done very little to impress.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 13, 2018, 05:29:54 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes I was a big fan of his but he seems to have just petered out for now

Get his mojo back there with a bit of luck !

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 16, 2018, 11:01:57 pm by Lesonthewest »
Yep, I would have Beestin before Taylor too.
McCann has got more stuff right than wrong this season though so you have to accept his decision.

Absolutely trust the manager, doesn't stop me thinking he is holding out for his ex teammate to come good, not looking good though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012