Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:19:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Attendances vs Population for League1  (Read 4671 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Re: Attendances vs Population for League1
« Reply #30 on December 13, 2018, 09:47:30 pm by colincramb »
The maths and logic I’ve applied might be something to do with the fact that the south side of the don is a lot more developed than the north and north east areas of the borough and a lot more accessible, therefore linking it more to the urban centre. Crack on if you think different though, just my opinion of course

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 13, 2018, 10:12:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The maths and logic I’ve applied might be something to do with the fact that the south side of the don is a lot more developed than the north and north east areas of the borough and a lot more accessible, therefore linking it more to the urban centre. Crack on if you think different though, just my opinion of course

those bloody undeveloped northern buggers.

I get your point though, actually now with the new road rossington is much closer to Doncaster itself in travel terms.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 13, 2018, 10:21:42 pm by sheffield exile1 »
There are a few similarities with the 50's. Programmes from that era bemoaned low attendances in League Division 2 when playing some quality teams of the day. So we have never had a masive fan base. Also its a bit naive in 2018 to look purely at support against town residents. I know of many fans who live in the Sheffield area for example who are ST holders and travel due to marriage/relocation etc. Gone are the days of local pit local employment local team its archaic thinking. I dread to think if this was based on top premier league clubs how many fans live locally. And where does Fleetwood end and Blackpool start - seriously? Poor and meaningless survey....

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 13, 2018, 11:42:47 pm by WheatleyRover »
Well our support in recent times has been at its best and most stable since the 1950's and a period in the 1960's

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/donr.htm

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 14, 2018, 08:04:56 am by graingrover »
We used to ,
have Supporters club reps in all (mining) villages
special Rovers buses from most villages   to Belle Vue.
  We could organise special mini.buses from all chools to Keepmoat with allovated seats in Family stand etc etc et.
 We cant stop at Road shows to schools but must pro actively facilitate travel groups to matches .

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 14, 2018, 08:32:53 am by auckleyflyer »
It shows only Plymouths population to work out their position however football fans living in Cornwall nearly exclusively support Argyle. This article has no creedance whatsoever!!
Not true mate, you do know there's one thing devon and Cornwall agree on and that's the Tamar should be 4miles longer ! Making cornwall an island!? There is an almost yorks lancs rivalry between them.
I see some argile fans but mostly armchair Mu, Mc and Lvpl fans. Its an area sky sports was made for

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 14, 2018, 08:46:27 am by silent majority »
We used to ,
have Supporters club reps in all (mining) villages
special Rovers buses from most villages   to Belle Vue.
  We could organise special mini.buses from all chools to Keepmoat with allovated seats in Family stand etc etc et.
 We cant stop at Road shows to schools but must pro actively facilitate travel groups to matches .

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Brian, in those days the family car was pretty much non-existent and supporters relied on some form of bus/coach transport to attend games. I doubt that there's a strong need for that kind of arrangement.

My first ever game was with school friends and we used the special bus from Edlington to attend. From then on it was the normal bus service for me.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 14, 2018, 08:52:57 am by Donnywolf »
Same here - Stainy via Rovers Express each and every game

We did not get a TV till 59/60 and then got a Car maybe 3 years later but then my Dad was working all the time so I continued on Rovers Express until its demise

I still have the Poster from the window and that shows a 1972 game v Crewe so I was obviously still using it when I was 21

donnyfromwolves

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 15, 2018, 10:40:28 am by donnyfromwolves »
Doncaster area does seem different to others in terms of the amount of villages outside the main town.

This doesn't account for people like me though, brought up in Wolverhampton with a Dad who is a Birmingham City fan, yet I chose to follow Doncaster when I was 13, now here I am 13 years later! I also managed to convert a Polish friend of mine, who now follows us religiously, much to the disappointment of my Sheffield United colleagues..

I blame Leeds being so good (I don't like writing that at all) for a long time, we must have lost a lot of fans in that generation/s, nobody wants to follow a lower league club unfortunately but the ones who go, are pleasantly surprised.

My girlfriend's Dad is a Liverpool fan and shows no interest in Rovers really, but how do you eradicate armchair fans?!  :blink:

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 15, 2018, 11:01:00 am by Axholme Lion »
Doncaster area does seem different to others in terms of the amount of villages outside the main town.

This doesn't account for people like me though, brought up in Wolverhampton with a Dad who is a Birmingham City fan, yet I chose to follow Doncaster when I was 13, now here I am 13 years later! I also managed to convert a Polish friend of mine, who now follows us religiously, much to the disappointment of my Sheffield United colleagues..

I blame Leeds being so good (I don't like writing that at all) for a long time, we must have lost a lot of fans in that generation/s, nobody wants to follow a lower league club unfortunately but the ones who go, are pleasantly surprised.

My girlfriend's Dad is a Liverpool fan and shows no interest in Rovers really, but how do you eradicate armchair fans?!  :blink:

Get rid of SKY. They have killed the game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012