Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:02:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Another manager falls at Rovers' hands  (Read 1952 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Another manager falls at Rovers' hands
« on December 13, 2018, 11:07:19 am by RoversAlias »
Darrell Clarke leaves Bristol Rovers days after our thrashing of them at the Mem.

It seems to happen a lot in recent years, managers going after being defeated by the Rovers. I remember Uwe Rosler - he must love us - getting the sack from Fleetwood after we beat them last season but I'm sure there are more. Anyone remember any others?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Another manager falls at Rovers' hands
« Reply #1 on December 13, 2018, 11:12:11 am by Dutch Uncle »
I prefer managers goung after we have beaten a club to a club's manager leaving just before we play them which seems to have happened a lot recently

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 13, 2018, 11:14:50 am by Branton Rover »
Didn’t the Forest chairman fly back from the Carribean to sack Colin Calderwood after we went and played them off the park at the City Ground

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 13, 2018, 11:36:34 am by vaya »
Didn’t the Forest chairman fly back from the Carribean to sack Colin Calderwood after we went and played them off the park at the City Ground

From memory they'd sacked him by the time I'd got back to the car after the game.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 13, 2018, 11:45:55 am by Pintolager »
We beat Ipswich at Portman Road 3-1 I think it was and Rovers fans were singing sacked in the morning and on the Monday, the manager was sacked, but can't remember who it was. Keane maybe?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 13, 2018, 12:13:13 pm by Filo »

He did well getting a flight at short notice on boxing day 😀

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 13, 2018, 12:38:10 pm by NickDRFC »
Darrell Clarke leaves Bristol Rovers days after our thrashing of them at the Mem.

It seems to happen a lot in recent years, managers going after being defeated by the Rovers. I remember Uwe Rosler - he must love us - getting the sack from Fleetwood after we beat them last season but I'm sure there are more. Anyone remember any others?

Sackings happen so regularly these days that I’m sure plenty of clubs could say the same thing!

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 13, 2018, 12:41:03 pm by Bollinger »
We beat Ipswich at Portman Road 3-1 I think it was and Rovers fans were singing sacked in the morning and on the Monday, the manager was sacked, but can't remember who it was. Keane maybe?

Jim Magiliton would be in charge at that time but not sure how long he lasted after that. I remember Ipswich fans lining up to congratulate us on the way back up to the station. You got the feeling they thought that defeat would bring the sacking they were desperate for.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 13, 2018, 05:17:59 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
The vast majority of their fans are most unhappy.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13451/clarke

Seems as though they had a lot of respect for Darrell Clarke. The owners come in for a lot stick.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 13, 2018, 06:06:30 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Apparently, one of the reasons for BRFC’s poor performance this season was the state of their pitch. I love this comment:

“Yeah, some of the slick, ball on the floor, flowing moves Doncaster managed against us were a joy to watch.”

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 13, 2018, 06:26:34 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
He was sacked partly due to results but mainly due to speaking his mind re the owners and their input. He didn't hold back in comments in his postmatch interview last weekend - edited by the time it made it to the official channels. He stated they wouldn't even be getting a training pitch whilst he was manager, something the owners didn't want announcing.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 13, 2018, 07:41:05 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
We do get a fair amount of managers canned. Must be the pure embarrassment of getting belted off Rovers.

Long may it continue.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 13, 2018, 09:05:05 pm by Campsall rover »
Colin Calderwood at Forest comes to mind.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012