Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:11:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: LUFC potentially in trouble again  (Read 5956 times)

Donnybob

• Forum Member
Re: LUFC potentially in trouble again
« Reply #30 on December 13, 2018, 10:38:02 pm by Donnybob »
Whilst I have respect for the Revie team they never really won owt. Perennial bottlers and ugly with it. Let's just call it uncompromising! Their profligate spending and failure to pay the St John's Ambulance and local businesses still rankles and the attitude to their punishment. No contrition. But worst of all was the disrespect they showed by purchasing vast numbers of tickets in 'our' end at Wembley. They would not have done that against Millwall or West Ham or many other teams. It was utterly contemptible and classless. We're a family club. Clearly from a different planet to their moronic hangers on. What they achieved 50 years ago counts for nothing today. Behave like scum, expect to be treated as scum.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 13, 2018, 10:46:12 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Just worked out Filo I worked underground at Hatfield Main when you were 4 -9 years old

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 13, 2018, 10:50:50 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
'their moronic hangers on'?? Have you thought about counselling donny bob ?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:54:22 pm by Geoff Blakesley »

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 13, 2018, 10:58:27 pm by Donnybob »
Another closet Leeds fan...

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 13, 2018, 11:05:01 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
I am not a closet anything. I am a Yorkshireman and love any team that represents our glorious county. As far as Leeds not winning much under Revie I don't think 3 league titles, one FA cup, one League cup, a charity shield and 2 Inter City Fairs Cups is too shabby !

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 13, 2018, 11:08:42 pm by Campsall rover »
  And Celtic played them off the park at Elland Road and Hampden Park Paul, with all the players from one country I believe.
Do you know I was waiting for you to say that Brian. Right on cue.  :facepalm:
Yes I was at Elland Road for the 1st leg and Celtic were fantastic that night.
Jimmy Johnstone made Terry Cooper look like a 3rd Division full back. Probably the best display from a winger I have ever seen.
The 2nd leg at Hampden i missed as my parents would not let me miss school.  :thumbdown:

At what point did you see the light and ditch Leeds to start supporting Rovers?
Between 1975 when I first came to Doncaster and 1980 I watched both teams. Billy Bremner becoming manager in late 1978 really increased my interest in Rovers to the point of abandoning Leeds in 1981 and becoming a fully fledged Rovers fan.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 13, 2018, 11:10:53 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Give us more fake news Donny bob !!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 13, 2018, 11:19:57 pm by idler »
Whilst I have respect for the Revie team they never really won owt. Perennial bottlers and ugly with it. Let's just call it uncompromising! Their profligate spending and failure to pay the St John's Ambulance and local businesses still rankles and the attitude to their punishment. No contrition. But worst of all was the disrespect they showed by purchasing vast numbers of tickets in 'our' end at Wembley. They would not have done that against Millwall or West Ham or many other teams. It was utterly contemptible and classless. We're a family club. Clearly from a different planet to their moronic hangers on. What they achieved 50 years ago counts for nothing today. Behave like scum, expect to be treated as scum.
I know how happy I would be to see Rovers in the top division, win it three times, win the FA Cup, League Cup and Inter Cities Fairs Cup and be runners up in these and the European Cup.
That leaves us a lot of catching up to do so maybe it's a good job they really never won out.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 13, 2018, 11:35:06 pm by Campsall rover »
Well I feel a lot better now knowing that not everybody has an inbuilt hatred of LUFC.
Yes in recent times the club has had some dubious owners and yes SOME of their supporters think they have a Devine right to be at rhe top end of the Premier league but fundamentally the club has a fantastic fan base and has the potential to compete with the Manchester’s Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea’s.
Nobody has a right to success, it has to be earned of course.
So while I am sounding like a Donny White, that day at Wembley in May 2008 was the best Football day of my life.
DRFC are and always will be now my 1st football love.
I have watched live, Leeds about 350 times and Rovers now at a guess about 1200 times.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 13, 2018, 11:52:01 pm by Filo »
Just worked out Filo I worked underground at Hatfield Main when you were 4 -9 years old

That would be 1967-1972 then, in 1979 i started my apprenticeship at Thorne Shipyard

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on December 14, 2018, 12:23:48 am by LincsRover »
F*ck Leeds! My problem isn’t actually with Leeds themselves but with those glory seeking, think they’re European champions, never even been to bellend road w*nk*rs who are born in donny, but who prefer to wear the scum shirts and car stickers rather than support their f*ck*ng home team! Treacherous c*nts who, if they supported their home team, would fill the keepmoat every week! Donny white scum!

Sorry, did I say that out loud?? Merry Christmas one and all!

:santa:

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 14, 2018, 12:32:13 am by Prez »
F*ck Leeds! My problem isn’t actually with Leeds themselves but with those glory seeking, think they’re European champions, never even been to bellend road w*nk*rs who are born in donny, but who prefer to wear the scum shirts and car stickers rather than support their f*ck*ng home team! Treacherous c*nts who, if they supported their home team, would fill the keepmoat every week! Donny white scum!

Couldnt have put it any better!!

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 14, 2018, 01:05:22 am by WheatleyRover »
We are cooler and more edgy club than boring snoring plain Leeds United

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 14, 2018, 07:05:16 am by Draytonian III »
One of the only chants that 91 out of 92 sing is “ we all hate Leeds scum” . As I posted before they are the most hated club in Europe

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 14, 2018, 07:49:32 am by roversdude »
I know that not all Leeds people are like this but the followers of LUFC and Leeds Rhinos seem to have a superiority complex where they have a right to be No1. It is this I think as much as anything (and the moronic thugs who still think it’s 1970s) that’s gets people’s backs up.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 14, 2018, 07:53:09 am by idler »
I'd rather be positive about my club than negative about another.
WhenI was a kid you all supported your home town team buthat's a soft spot for another team or two.
If people from Donny want to pay higher ticket prices and a fortune in petrol money to support another club let them. I hope that the air of superiority that it gives them is worth it. I left Donny 40 years ago but could never support another club and cannot understand why anybody chooses to spend time and money,travelling elsewhere to watch a football team.
I have come to watch the Rovers and passed buses filling up in Bradford for Old Trafford and coaches en route from Donny going there. Crazy in my eyes.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 14, 2018, 08:08:54 am by Pancho Regan »
Am I in the minority? 

Yep, I reckon so IDM

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 14, 2018, 08:15:52 am by IDM »
I can’t see why we can’t have respect for what a football club can be, whilst not particularly liking them..

To me, there’s a difference between that, and the large amount of their fans who spoil their club’s reputation..

I’m happy to enjoy the anti-Leeds banter and I give it large to my Leeds supporting work colleague, but ultimately he’s a decent bloke..

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 14, 2018, 09:07:08 am by nightporter »
I don't have a problem with any other clubs/fans. It's unfair to tar all supporters with the same brush, it wasn't  a Leeds fan who spat in the face of a child recently was it?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 14, 2018, 09:14:45 am by adamtherover »

what he said!!!!!

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 14, 2018, 09:15:46 am by adamtherover »
I don't have a problem with any other clubs/fans. It's unfair to tar all supporters with the same brush, it wasn't  a Leeds fan who spat in the face of a child recently was it?
no, just leeds fans at Wembley spitting at our players as they went up to collect the play off trophy!!

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 14, 2018, 09:28:40 am by ctay »
I don't have any issue with Leeds. In fact in the 80's/90's we signed loads of players from them. We are not a rival to them. Its only the few years with them in League 1 and the championship that people then jumped on the bandwagon then.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 14, 2018, 10:22:19 am by Draytonian III »
I’ve been on that bandwagon for over 40years

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 14, 2018, 10:39:14 am by NickDRFC »

I think most people acknowledge that we’ve got more than our share of scrotes, but I’ve never had the sustained amount of abuse from so many (including being spat at) than I did walking to Wembley in my Rovers shirt. Some of my best mates are Leeds fans but I’m still happy, sometimes delighted, to watch them fail given the behaviour of so many of their fans that day.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 14, 2018, 10:47:17 am by Chris Black come back »
Must admit second result I look for after Rovers is Leeds, in the hope they have not only lost, but in some cruel but entirely appropriate way i.e. last minute own goal or a former player scoring a hat trick. Petty, but it is what makes a Yorkshireman I think.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on December 14, 2018, 11:00:34 am by selby »
  If the Football League had anything about them, Leeds should have been expelled from the league for still being in administration when another season started, which was against their own rules along with Southampton and Leicester City.
  Hereford and Chester were treat completely differently, why? and all three are likely to do the same thing again, all foreign owned and all trying to live beyond their means.
  It will take a club their size to go bust properly to stop the insane pushing for the top table,. In the future I can see only the London clubs at the top table in a European League, and only a couple of those, with regionalised smaller leagues, and just a probably British league for the big City teams in the home countries, surely  a franchise in Glasgow, Dublin, and Cardiff, Birmingham,  Manchester, and Newcastle would attract investors more than Leeds in a British league with Manchester too close, and more football history.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on December 14, 2018, 11:14:50 am by Filo »
Did n’t Leeds United come about after Leeds City were expelled for wrong doings?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 14, 2018, 11:27:39 am by RedJ »
Leeds City went bust I think. But yeah, basically.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 14, 2018, 11:33:37 am by Filo »
Leeds City's whole league career was in the Second Division. However, during the First World War there ensued a sequence of financial irregularities, including breaking the ban on paying players during the war, that led to the club's dissolution in 1919. They were expelled from The Football League eight games into the 1919–20 season. The harsh punishment was handed down mostly because of the behaviour of the club's directors, who refused to co-operate in an FA inquiry, and refused to hand over the club's financial records.[3]

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 14, 2018, 11:36:24 am by WheatleyRover »
It even sounds like a crap place "Leeds"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012