Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:19:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Are we happy ?  (Read 2508 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Are we happy ?
« on December 13, 2018, 09:42:33 pm by sha66y »
This McCann geezer waltzes in under a mild cloud of indifference and tells the supporters at a footy meeting that he thinks the squad is more than good enough to compete at this level,  and that he can have a few quid to play with  has and when he needs it..

Oh how we scoffed behind our wringing palms ..
“ what team ? “
“ what funds ? “
“ who are you ? “

and then,
without so much as a nod to the legendary purse....

He goes about his business, seducing miles, and rivers of sweat from a ragtag down-troden half broken team of confused unsurefooted players...

and we readied the bullets, and we readied the scorn....

and yes,  it seemed easier to blame blame blame...

parriying too and fro ...with half scathing half optimistic knives....only to find out....

That this McCann geezer actually was quite right,

Are we happy ? ....I think yes!!

RTID
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:55:55 am by sha66y »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
Re: Are we happy ?
« Reply #1 on December 13, 2018, 09:51:01 pm by Northants Nomad »
Have you hit the mulled wine already?

But yes, I get your sentiment - I'm happy with McCann's start and his style. Would love to see it sustained before passing any final judgement.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 13, 2018, 09:55:04 pm by sha66y »
Ohhh, sorry!
I was just mulling over the past few months and must have put my thoughts into words....

‘Tis the season to be .....pi££ed... :woohoo:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 13, 2018, 10:01:14 pm by Campsall rover »
Ohhh, sorry!
I was just mulling over the past few months and must have put my thoughts into words....

‘Tis the season to be .....pi££ed... :woohoo:
Whatever your on can i have some please. But to answer your question, YES I am very happy with what McCann has done so far this season. Massive improvement in both results and entertainment from last seasons mediocety under DF.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 13, 2018, 10:17:20 pm by sha66y »
I honestly don’t remember when, or if Donny have ever been in a position to strengthen the team,  from a position of strength.....??

Most January windows have been a bit damp squib
With expectations a bit low.... but this one...

this one is beginning to feel a bit special,

as if we are seriously considering a challenge but one tinged with an element of forward planning...

Nw where is that mulled red I heard someone mention...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:58:33 am by sha66y »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 13, 2018, 10:32:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ha ha, very well written and thought out. I was holding back on a mid term report but you've beat me to it.

For me, he's done what I thought we were capable of by keeping things relatively simple with hard work being the foundation of every game. The board has always been there for the manager of the day but expect certain standards. We have to say McCann was a great choice. He was well prepared and has continued to look ahead.

He says everything is sorted for January, he has the bases covered and I believe him.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 13, 2018, 11:16:18 pm by idler »
I honestly don’t remember when, or if Donny were in a position to strengthen the team,  from a position of strength.....

Most January windows have been a bit damp squid,
With expectations a bit low.... but this one...
this one is beginning to feel a bit special,
as if we are seriously considering a challenge but one tinged with an element of forward planning...

Nw where is that mulled red I heard someone mention...
All squids are damp unless on the beach Shabby, I think that you meant squib.
I really like GM's honesty in his interviews. Like SOD he also seems to be getting more out of our players than DF could do.
A long way to go but I am very happy with what I have seen so far.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 14, 2018, 02:04:39 am by mushRTID »
I’m delighted. McCanns self belief is what I’m most impressed with.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 14, 2018, 08:52:01 am by wing commander »
     I don't see how any of us cant be anything but Happy..Remember the threads over the summer about budgets, and then when we didn't change the squad much over the summer many people on here and pundits on the Telly were fearing relegation and at best a low position finish..
     Yet here we are approaching xmas sat in the playoff's..What's not to be happy about..

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 14, 2018, 09:57:35 am by Donnywolf »
Personally - and escepcially given the "entertainment" of the very recent past I am happy / nay ecstatic

Whats not to like ? Individual results will still go against us but we have progressed for sure so I for one am "happy" and have recently started going away again when for the past 2 Seasons that would not have appealed to me at all

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 14, 2018, 10:04:12 am by IDM »
We are in a better place than we have been for several seasons, challenging for the play off spots and with possibly a positive transfer window to come..

The football on the whole is more entertaining than in recent times, we have one of the leading strikers at this level, and if we can keep him an outstanding midfielder who it is a privilege to watch..

Clearly we have room for improvement and the manager has shown he can do that with tightening up the defence..

Plus I was one of the lucky bas**rds able to snatch the £140 ST offer on Black Friday..

What’s not to like.?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 14, 2018, 11:06:26 am by NickDRFC »
I'm delighted both with the results this season and how we've achieved them, the only slight nagging concern that I have is the contract situation. All the noise from the club is that it's in hand and not an issue, so screw it - that's tomorrow's problem.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 14, 2018, 11:37:06 am by MachoMadness »
The performances are the big thing for me. Even when we lose and play shite there's at least some attacking intent there. Too often under Ferguson and especially under Dickov that wasn't the case.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 15, 2018, 07:38:05 am by PDX_Rover »
Very happy. Improvements needed in some areas but in GM we have a manager who works hard and expects the same from his players. He commands respect I think. And he’s honest. A good appointment.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 15, 2018, 08:03:11 am by glosterred »
If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands 👏🏼

COYR

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 15, 2018, 08:13:01 am by Donnywolf »
 :clapping:

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 15, 2018, 02:30:34 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
this 3-0 win over Scunny is really weird with hindsight

seem to remember Rovers beating Scunny 3-0 on January 1st 2011 and i think that has been the happiest we have all been (i'll qualify that by saying after a home match to exclude away matches) - that win put Rovers into 3rd in the Championship - must be the highest ever position. Around then a bloke called Kilgallen was signed on loan and the future looked rosy. and yes we were all happy

Just realised Rovers got a lucky ! 3-0 win in the Facup over Scunnie the other year " 

with hindsight wonder if anyone predicted 3-0 beforehand

My bank manager will be happy if the Dingles win today

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 15, 2018, 02:41:15 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I’m very happy! GM reminds a little of Billy Bremmner with how he expects his teams to attack with intent but also the freedom not to worry if it doesn’t work out.

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 15, 2018, 03:29:03 pm by richtherover »
Definitely happy. Since I first got the Rovers bug in the mid 60's I have been lucky enough to see a few championship and promotion winning sides, and many dismal seasons including wet windy nights getting well beaten at places like (no disrespect), Darlington, Halifax  and Workington, (not to mention the Richardson years). I was definitely underwhelmed when we appointed GM but what a turnaround. The January transfer window will be crucial, but if we can hang on to Herbie we won't be far off come May. Great times ahead.
RTID Rich the Rover

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 15, 2018, 04:15:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He's got us playing better quality football than we have done for most of the last decade. And he's not yet had a chance to build his own squad. Very much looking forward to the next few years.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 15, 2018, 05:09:13 pm by roversontheup »
I’m really happy!

I couldn’t help but reflect on ‘what might have been’ today. I thought we would get Stuart McCall as our new manager after Fergie and tbh he was my preferred choice. Looking at him in the Scunny dugout this afternoon I felt really pleased the board appointed Grant McCann.
He’s got us playing some attractive and attacking football that is getting results. Halfway through the season and we have so much to be optimistic about. 
Dare to dream!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 15, 2018, 05:13:11 pm by Filo »
Mentioning Mcall, he wasn’t happy with the ref at half time, walked all the way accross the pitch to have a word with him

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 15, 2018, 05:15:02 pm by drfchound »
I’m really happy!

I couldn’t help but reflect on ‘what might have been’ today. I thought we would get Stuart McCall as our new manager after Fergie and tbh he was my preferred choice. Looking at him in the Scunny dugout this afternoon I felt really pleased the board appointed Grant McCann.
He’s got us playing some attractive and attacking football that is getting results. Halfway through the season and we have so much to be optimistic about. 
Dare to dream!

Not much chance of getting a sleep at a match this season, unlike last season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012