Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:03:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Rumours of New Loanee?  (Read 4827 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
No Rumours of New Loanee?
« on December 19, 2018, 10:18:32 am by Alan Southstand »
All quiet on the Rovers front!

Sheff Utd still best guess?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: No Rumours of New Loanee?
« Reply #1 on December 19, 2018, 10:35:31 am by IDM »
Why Sheff Utd, because there was some talk of one of their players recently?

I don’t mind the club doing their loan and transfer business out of the public eye..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 19, 2018, 10:40:13 am by selby »
  Alan, to the club's credit , information being forthcoming out of the club before the club want it to become common knowledge has been stopped.
 Things no doubt will be progressing on the transfer front, and is probably better kept in the background at this important period of fixtures, focus on the field can sometimes be distracted by off the field developments when the transfer periods of the season come around.
   I am more concerned that some of our better players don't become distracted by interest from other clubs at this time of the year.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 19, 2018, 11:02:53 am by Drover »
For me,If a player is worth his salt,and clubs are showing an interest in him,he will have more impetus to give his best,not get distracted.
As for the Jan loanee,It could very well be a player virtually none of us think of or know of,due to,as you say,the club being very good at keeping things stum when they want.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:06:55 am by Drover »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 19, 2018, 01:52:52 pm by RoversAlias »
Selby is bang on. I don't want to hear about who this loanee is until we announce his signing, that'll mean the club has conducted business in a professional and discreet manner.

I think it will be a more experienced player than when we signed young prospects like Wilks and Kane in the summer. No idea who mind, and i dont see any reason why it would be someone from Sheffield United.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 19, 2018, 02:16:02 pm by RedJ »
I don't know why people care, there's f**k all we can do about it either way and even if it's someone no one wants, what we think on here won't matter one bit to the management.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 19, 2018, 04:46:49 pm by foxbat »
which is probably all for the best RedJ

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 19, 2018, 05:54:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Read an article today linking an u23 Blackburn striker to League One and Two clubs who's scored against our U23 this season and is on a run of 8 goals in 4 games.

Could be anyone of course but whoever McCann has done the deal with, he's likely to have done his homework.

We have Wilks as a young loanee up front with May competing with him so, my thought process thinks it may be someone with a little more experience as cover for Marquis. Just a little insurance policy.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 19, 2018, 10:55:24 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Read an article today linking an u23 Blackburn striker to League One and Two clubs who's scored against our U23 this season and is on a run of 8 goals in 4 games.

Could be anyone of course but whoever McCann has done the deal with, he's likely to have done his homework.

We have Wilks as a young loanee up front with May competing with him so, my thought process thinks it may be someone with a little more experience as cover for Marquis. Just a little insurance policy.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=268100.msg819283#msg819283

Pretty poor effort really. I thought the Ressies were playing Port Vale today but I haven't seen any mention of it.

Yes poor effort by the team chosen and poor effort by the media side of DRFC.

you've just let the cat out of the bag we were trying to keep it quiet and sign their striker on loan along with Scott Minto

a Nuttall & Minto  strikeforce would be a mouthful for teams to swallow
--------

i was actually deadly serious when I "apparently" jokingly mentioned nuttall & Minto

i've seen this "trick done before" score loads against a team then join them

yes slightly different but same theme and the player was the one and only Keshi Anderson

"After scoring a hat-trick in 6 minutes while on trial at Brentford against Crystal Palace, the latter club signed him in February 2015.[4] He scored on his debut for the Palace under-21 team,[7] and a day later Palace manager Alan Pardew stated that Anderson would be in his senior squad for the forthcoming game away at Leicester City on 7 February.[8][9]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keshi_Anderson

bl00dy deja vu gets everywhere

now do you see why the match wasn't reported ??
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:00:02 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 19, 2018, 11:09:40 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
here he is presumably him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Nuttall

scored a mere 4 goals against Rovers

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 20, 2018, 08:44:22 am by idler »
At least when you don't know who it is you aren't disappointed if it falls through or the target is switched.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 20, 2018, 09:19:53 am by the vicar »
Why do we need to know, if anything GM should not have said anything then it stops all this speculation

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 20, 2018, 10:09:42 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
To be fair, there's very little speculation and that's the point. We all approve of Rovers policy of keeping quiet!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 20, 2018, 03:34:44 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Rovers are playing at mansfield in a development game now  2-2 after 70 minutes

so don't ask for a report

now 3-2 mansfield penalty

4-2

Rovers led 1-0 and 2-1

finished Mansfield were "expected to win" so either they had a strong team out or Rovers had a lot of kids
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 03:56:21 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 20, 2018, 08:39:08 pm by Alan Southstand »
According to Liam Hoden, it's not Assombalonga, but following his discussions with GM, he is an 'exciting young forward'.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 20, 2018, 10:45:42 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
According to Liam Hoden, it's not Assombalonga, but following his discussions with GM, he is an 'exciting young forward'.

"Not able to say. McCann gave a good description of him today. Only thing to add - to stop speculation Britt Assombalonga or the like is coming - is that he’s an exciting young forward"

Could be his brother ? he is a professional footballer as well either way that name is a heavy weight on his shoulders (think about it) :chair:

needs broad shoulders to get all that on

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 22, 2018, 01:38:48 pm by Alan Southstand »
Having done a bit of research myself, I can now see reasons why it probably isn't the young lad from Sheffield United. I am now airing on another player who will probably be another good, solid, addition to the forward line.

No names, but if it is the one I'm thinking, it adds to the strength we already have up top.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 22, 2018, 07:17:13 pm by RedJ »
There's a place for rumours, you know... :)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 22, 2018, 08:06:21 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 16, 2019, 04:47:23 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=268100.msg819283#msg819283

Pretty poor effort really. I thought the Ressies were playing Port Vale today but I haven't seen any mention of it.

Yes poor effort by the team chosen and poor effort by the media side of DRFC.

you've just let the cat out of the bag we were trying to keep it quiet and sign their striker on loan along with Scott Minto

a Nuttall & Minto  strikeforce would be a mouthful for teams to swallow
--------

i was actually deadly serious when I "apparently" jokingly mentioned nuttall & Minto

i've seen this "trick done before" score loads against a team then join them

yes slightly different but same theme and the player was the one and only Keshi Anderson

"After scoring a hat-trick in 6 minutes while on trial at Brentford against Crystal Palace, the latter club signed him in February 2015.[4] He scored on his debut for the Palace under-21 team,[7] and a day later Palace manager Alan Pardew stated that Anderson would be in his senior squad for the forthcoming game away at Leicester City on 7 February.[8][9]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keshi_Anderson

bl00dy deja vu gets everywhere

now do you see why the match wasn't reported ??

By the way this Blackburn under 23 striker Nuttall was let out of the bag against Millwall on Saturday scored a goal that he didn't know much about!  - he also came on as a sub lastnight on the left second half for Blackburn in the FA Cup against Newcastle. Blackburn have a lot of injuries so may explain why he didn't go out on loan  anywhere yet ?

No disrespect to Tiler  "Watt" Smith but I believe Nuttall was the original target (guessing as usual).

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=86684&season_id=151

TinyPortal © 2005-2012