Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:05:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ben Khemis leaving  (Read 4705 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Ben Khemis leaving
« Reply #1 on December 27, 2018, 09:24:21 am by Chris Black come back »
Lad could not ever quite break through so probably best that a Youth player takes his place challenging for the bench.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 27, 2018, 09:27:03 am by glosterred »
Doesn’t come as much of a surprise he has never got near to starting or on the bench in recent games

COYR

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 27, 2018, 09:27:25 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good that he's thinking about his future if he sees he's not getting the games he needs.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 27, 2018, 09:46:15 am by Retdon1 »
Also Jermaine Anderson’s loan not being renewed and a loan deal for a young championship striker has been agreed. He’s cup tied so it could be the young lad that sheff u have just recalled from barrow

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 27, 2018, 09:49:48 am by DonnyOsmond »
Guess with Anderson going as well we might bring in someone else for midfield.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 27, 2018, 09:58:18 am by Chris Black come back »
Particularly IF a senior member of our midfield was to leave the club.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 27, 2018, 10:01:14 am by Retdon1 »
Particularly IF a senior member of our midfield was to leave the club.

With Anderson going back and the rumours about a certain TR wanting to leave (although not from the most reliable of sources) we need to bring in 2 new midfielders.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:18:55 am by Retdon1 »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 27, 2018, 10:07:04 am by DonnyOsmond »
We especially have no backup in that Whiteman position with Anderson leaving.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 27, 2018, 10:40:20 am by mushRTID »
No surprise really.

Seems a lovely kid, best of luck to him.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 27, 2018, 10:56:02 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Let's be clear here, there's no reason to be pessimistic, we've secured the services of Herbie Kane for the rest of the season, who many see as THE main piece of the jigsaw for mounting a promotion challenge.

No one will lose any sleep about Khemis or Anderson leaving. We have at least two new players coming in who, you would expect to be better than the latter.

The last two performances have been disappointing but, it's likely we'll come out of January with a stronger squad than on 31/12/ 2018. There's no reason to dismiss McCann's desire to improve and give us a good chance of finishing this season strongly as he know's the players much better than we do.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 27, 2018, 11:51:52 am by steve@dcfd »
Neither player was good enough for the first team and Evans wanted us by Anderson that’s was never going to happen. We need at least anther midfield player. Whiteman 9 and Kane 8 we could lose for two games each. Therefore one is minimum and two if TR leaves.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 27, 2018, 12:26:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's no foundation to believe Rowe is leaving. We have Whiteman, Kane, Copps, Rowe, Crawford, Blair, Sadlier, Taylor, and Mason if needed for the midfield berths so I don't see the need for anything essential.

McCann might review where we are towards the end of January and possibly look for some insurance if he thinks we need it.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 27, 2018, 01:04:07 pm by NickDRFC »
There's no foundation to believe Rowe is leaving. We have Whiteman, Kane, Copps, Rowe, Crawford, Blair, Sadlier, Taylor, and Mason if needed for the midfield berths so I don't see the need for anything essential.

McCann might review where we are towards the end of January and possibly look for some insurance if he thinks we need it.

Of those players, Copps has been preferred in a forward berth, Taylor looks unsuited to a midfield 3 and from what I’ve read Sadlier is more of a forward player. Blair has played well this season as part of the middle 3 but is arguably better suited to the front line, so to me we are definitely a body light in midfield with Anderson out of favour/leaving.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 27, 2018, 01:23:55 pm by Chris Black come back »
With all departures we definitely need a first team player for midfield. Someone who is immediately challenging to start. Rest of squad looks ok now.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 27, 2018, 01:31:02 pm by RedJ »
Shame for the lad as he seemed a nice enough fella and he seemed to be loving life here but if he isn't putting in enough on the training ground (going by what Hoden wrote) then he was never gonna make it here.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 27, 2018, 01:38:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
Mixed bag those ‘marginal’ signings that Ferguson made. Blaney does seem to be in favour but Beestin, Watters and now Ben Khemis do not look to have much of a future under McCann.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 27, 2018, 04:15:01 pm by roversdude »
Good luck to him, literally had an unlucky break

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 27, 2018, 05:33:55 pm by steve@dcfd »

Sorry Baz but on that point I don’t agree out of your list of players only we have five players who can play in the middle three. But only Whiteman and Kane can play the deep lying midfield player.  Copps and Taylor in my opinion cannot play in a three in midfield Sadlier unknown and why take the best right back we have out of his position when fit. So I still believe we need one more the manager may disagree he decides.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 27, 2018, 08:30:32 pm by RoversAlias »
I keep forgetting Ben Khemis exists, so he won't be a loss to the squad.

Shame it hasn't worked out but that's how it goes. He was a bit of a gamble signing, a "let's see if we can make something of him" and it hasn't ended up being possible. Hope his fresh start kicks his career into gear.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 27, 2018, 08:39:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
His departure (and Anderson's) hopefully leaves space for a midfield player to come in next month. I certainly hope so, anyway.

It's looking like GM has started a spring clean early, what with Mandeville, McCullough, Beestin, Kiwomya and a few youngsters out on loan; Anderson going back to the Posh and now Ben Khemis leaving. That's 6+ players out of our, already, light squad.

2 to come in, but both forward players, so there just has to be room for (say) a cb and a midfielder?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 27, 2018, 08:48:14 pm by dickos1 »
Will be interesting to see what we do,
We have some of the budget left over we were told for January and we’ve seen a number of departures now, so you would like to think this money will be reinvested plus the money remaining from the summer

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 27, 2018, 09:30:26 pm by roversdude »
Think we could quite happily ship Taylor out too

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 27, 2018, 09:35:08 pm by GazLaz »
I liked IBK, seemed a great character. It’s a big move coming to a different country when you don’t speak the language and at such a young age. I think he’s got a bit of ability as well, hope he makes a career for himself.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 27, 2018, 10:00:24 pm by NickDRFC »

Shame it hasn't worked out but that's how it goes. He was a bit of a gamble signing, a "let's see if we can make something of him" and it hasn't ended up being possible. Hope his fresh start kicks his career into gear.

Whereas of course he always thought “Does RoversAlisas exist”. Big loss to the fan base.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 27, 2018, 10:31:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If Ben Kemis and Anderson weren't pushing for a first team start but the new incumbents are more likely to then the squad is strengthened.

McCann has already said, with Wright and Mason returning imminently, he is unlikely to add a defensive player in January. Although he wouldn't rule it out if needs must.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 27, 2018, 10:34:09 pm by RoversAlias »

Whereas of course he always thought “Does RoversAlisas exist”. Big loss to the fan base.

Thanks Nick, merry christmas.

Not sure why you felt the need to be like that, I was simply illustrating that he hasn't made an impact. When he isn't named on the bench, I don't tend to think "Ben Khemis has missed out here", I simply don't factor him in when considering the line-up and really, neither has McCann. I said I hope he kickstarts his career in Tunisia and I mean it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 28, 2018, 12:16:34 pm by RedJ »
If Ben Kemis and Anderson weren't pushing for a first team start but the new incumbents are more likely to then the squad is strengthened.

McCann has already said, with Wright and Mason returning imminently, he is unlikely to add a defensive player in January. Although he wouldn't rule it out if needs must.

But we need 7 right backs and 15 central defenders just in case McCann! bloody rubbish, Bramell.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 28, 2018, 01:03:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
We started the season with right back arguably being the best coveted position. Mason starting and Lund given a reprieve (whether you rate him or not, he is a right back and McCann obviously saw something in him to keep him in squad) then Blair who can clearly do a job in that position. Mason got injured so we brought in on top a recognised and experienced right back.

Shit happens! People get injured but this is the one position out of them all where I reckon we were best placed.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 28, 2018, 04:25:48 pm by selby »
  With Kiwomya scoring a few goals lately he will probably be wanted by Chesterfield until the end of the season, but I would not surprised if they sent Beestin back to us.
   I wonder if our Tunisian correspondent will start a Ben Khemis is doing OK thread?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 04:29:32 pm by selby »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012