Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:28:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Referee For Saturday  (Read 1281 times)

Dabby

• Forum Member
The Referee For Saturday
« on January 09, 2019, 01:50:20 pm by Dabby »
Lee Collins will be the man in charge at Saturday’s Sky Bet League One match against Wycombe Wanderers.

It got me thinking, Sure i read (A few years ago) where a referee can not referee the same team in succession.(Dunno why)
He refereed on Jan 1st Wycombe   v Coventry in is last match.Maybe i got it all wrong.

P.S . Collins was also in charge for Rovers' 6-2 victory over Ebbsfleet in the Emirates FA Cup last season. He gave out seven yellow cards and one red card in that match.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: The Referee For Saturday
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2019, 01:56:03 pm by Barmby Rover »
Going on the way they played against Chesterfield last week the cards are no reflection on the ref.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2019, 02:04:47 pm by selby »
  Is it the referee that abandoned the match at Charlton? if it is he cost us £6 million the season after, and more since probably.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 09, 2019, 02:24:18 pm by IDM »
I hope you’re not being serious there, that abandonment was the correct decision, if poorly handled on the day..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2019, 03:34:36 pm by selby »
   IDM I have seen two games this season on TV with worse conditions and at Bury last season.
   The referee that day took his instructions from a man in a suit that walked from the main stand to the far side of the pitch to talk to him, up to that point he was going to at least finish the first half.
   And this season in both the league game, and the cup game, Charlton had more groundsmen forking ruts down at half time, on perfectly dry days, than were sent out to fork or try and remove the water from the worst parts of the pitch that day.
   The fact he took notice of outside influences both off the field, and the Charlton crowd and players, and did not try to supervise a real effort to make the pitch playable still leaves a bad taste in my mouth buddy.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2019, 04:16:37 pm by IDM »
I am not defending how the events unfolded in that day, but it was correct to abandon the game in those conditions..

Not only that, but that period of play since the first stoppage saw us concede and have Keegan sent off, which didn’t bode well if the game had continued..

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 09, 2019, 04:45:56 pm by idler »
It also saw us score another goal for disallowed for offside I think so we might have held on for a point or three.
The Charlton ground staff were laughable that day.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2019, 07:35:13 pm by drfchound »
Yeah, no serious effort was made by them to help get the game going again.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2019, 08:40:15 pm by RedJ »
Our own players were the only ones trying to clear the pitch, if memory serves.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2019, 08:47:26 pm by IDM »
They were indeed, but in all honesty it was a lost cause..

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 10, 2019, 12:44:00 pm by The Red Baron »
He is the infamous Charlton ref but every time we've had him since he's been ok.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012