Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:39:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: All Ticket OFFICIAL  (Read 14729 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: All Ticket OFFICIAL
« Reply #30 on January 23, 2019, 12:43:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes. It's already exceeded my conservative expectations so there's not much to be disappointed about. There will be plenty who will still be deciding whether they are bothered or not, and as said, the weather may be a factor in their thinking. It's not for us to determine who or what is a committed Rovers fan. Whatever sales there are between now and kick off will certainly show there's going to be a healthy attendance.

Good show from the Oldham fans on their grand day out. What's their average home attendance I wonder?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 23, 2019, 12:47:06 pm by IDM »
Without being condescending, Oldham are in a lower division and did beat a premier league club in the last round, so potentially their supporters see this fixture more importantly than some of ours.??

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 23, 2019, 12:55:53 pm by normal rules »
Without doubt there is a feel good factor for them. Rovers supporters should see this game as the best chance we have had to break 50+ years of club history in making it to round 5.
Although different leagues, this is another QPR game imho. One that fans may look back on in years to come and say “ I was there”
I consider Oldham as very worthy opponents and it is a game I am very much looking forward to.
far better than getting battered by a Man City side at home in front of a full house.
It’s a proper FA Cup tie between two teams that rarely get any of the football limelight.
FA cup fever will probably not ignite fully until such time as/ if we get through sat.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 23, 2019, 01:01:19 pm by normal rules »
4451 tickets left

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 23, 2019, 01:05:24 pm by Campsall rover »
Yes. It's already exceeded my conservative expectations so there's not much to be disappointed about. There will be plenty who will still be deciding whether they are bothered or not, and as said, the weather may be a factor in their thinking. It's not for us to determine who or what is a committed Rovers fan. Whatever sales there are between now and kick off will certainly show there's going to be a healthy attendance.

Good show from the Oldham fans on their grand day out. What's their average home attendance I wonder?
Ave gate 2018/19 in the league is 4.180

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 23, 2019, 01:07:35 pm by IDM »
Without doubt there is a feel good factor for them. Rovers supporters should see this game as the best chance we have had to break 50+ years of club history in making it to round 5.
Although different leagues, this is another QPR game imho. One that fans may look back on in years to come and say “ I was there”
I consider Oldham as very worthy opponents and it is a game I am very much looking forward to.
far better than getting battered by a Man City side at home in front of a full house.
It’s a proper FA Cup tie between two teams that rarely get any of the football limelight.
FA cup fever will probably not ignite fully until such time as/ if we get through sat.

I agree with that post above NR.. it isn’t a glamour tie but it is an important game..

I also think the players will be motivated having let winning positions slip in the last two games..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 23, 2019, 01:36:30 pm by IDM »
I looked at the stadium plan and the size o the blocks, and I estimate that the current areas (W32-33 and half of e3) represent about 1300 seats..  maybe losing a couple of hundred more for the press area and the big screen.??

So realistically a capacity crowd would be around the 13500-13700 mark, unless W31-32 were to be opened which should add another 800..

Therefore if we only have around 4400 left, that would mean we are already over 9k..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 23, 2019, 06:17:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I remember attending the QPR game. A rare game against a glamour team of the First Division. They were regarded as a glamour club at the time plus having paid big money for Michael Robinson. The FA Cup meant much more then than now.

Whilst it is a great opportunity to venture further in the cup, I don't think it's seen as a glamour tie as the QPR game did.

It would be great however to get a few more Rovers fans in to what could be a really good atmosphere.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 23, 2019, 06:34:03 pm by normal rules »
Donnybaz, I was not implying it’s a glamour tie, but an important one. I too was at the qpr game. I was 15 and went with my dad. It was not a glamour tie to me at the time. It is a game I look back on with fondness though as it meant so much to the supporters at the time.
The game this sat, in my opinion, could be such a game again.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 23, 2019, 06:45:30 pm by CantleyRed »
I remember attending the QPR game. A rare game against a glamour team of the First Division. They were regarded as a glamour club at the time plus having paid big money for Michael Robinson. The FA Cup meant much more then than now.

Whilst it is a great opportunity to venture further in the cup, I don't think it's seen as a glamour tie as the QPR game did.

It would be great however to get a few more Rovers fans in to what could be a really good atmosphere.
Yes QPR was a real glamour tie and Oldham is not quite at that level. But there will be a bigger crowd on Saturday than all those years ago, I'm sure, so it shows how far we have come since moving to the Keepmoat.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 23, 2019, 06:48:03 pm by IDM »
Certainly Doncaster vs Oldham with both sides in the lower divisions would have attracted far less in 1985, but I reckon Saturday’s attendance will be quite similar to the QPR game..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 23, 2019, 07:02:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If, and again, If, we get through and get that glamour tie, then it will probably kick off with everyone and their dogs wanting a ticket.

I hope, in that eventuality, those who attend the Oldham game will get some priority access to tickets for the next game.

Might be an idea for everyone to keep ticket stubs just in case.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 23, 2019, 07:12:24 pm by idler »
The club have already told fans to keep ticket stubs haven't they?
I have seen it either on here or in one of Bradford Exiles updates.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 23, 2019, 07:14:39 pm by normal rules »
Oldham it seemed adopted a four ticket per person policy for this saturdays games. Seems some of the regular supporters have been caught out by the demand and have failed to secure tickets.

A ticket stub scheme for rd5 (if we get there) would be an excellent idea.  Mind you , didn’t 10,000 go to Everton ? I’m not sure any club currently would give that many tickets , even for a cup game. Didn’t Leeds take 8,000 to old Trafford a few years ago?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 23, 2019, 07:20:11 pm by RedJ »
Surely you'll not need to keep the actual stubs? as they'll be recorded on your account?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 23, 2019, 08:12:46 pm by drfchound »
Surely you'll not need to keep the actual stubs? as they'll be recorded on your account?

Ah but, I got the usual three for me and the mates (all STH) but then got an extra one on general sale for my brother.
He won’t be on record as having bought it but will have the ticket stub if needed.

The club have mentioned to keep the stubs by the way.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 23, 2019, 08:30:56 pm by RedJ »
Best tell the little uns to hang onto theirs then, they're f**kers for lobbing them as soon as we get in a ground...

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 23, 2019, 09:44:39 pm by normal rules »
My brother bought all 7 of our tickets so we will be keeping all of ours.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 24, 2019, 09:15:07 am by idler »
With the forecast to warm up a bit on Friday and Saturday it might encourage a few more.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 24, 2019, 09:36:39 am by IDM »
It might just be on my laptop, but the DROS ticket pages doesn’t have this game any more.??

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 24, 2019, 09:44:04 am by Donnywolf »
Still there on mine ok

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 24, 2019, 09:44:55 am by normal rules »
They have removed the online option to stop Oldham supporters buying them online. Tickets only now on phone or in person.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 24, 2019, 09:45:17 am by Metalmicky »
How many tickets left now.....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 24, 2019, 09:47:55 am by RedJ »
five

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 24, 2019, 09:52:07 am by Metalmicky »
five

Bugger - I needed six.... I'll have to give it a miss.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 24, 2019, 09:54:29 am by Donnywolf »
I make it 4200 ish (left)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 24, 2019, 09:56:28 am by IDM »
Was your page open from yesterday.?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 24, 2019, 10:25:58 am by RedJ »
five

Bugger - I needed six.... I'll have to give it a miss.

Don't worry pal there'll be touts outside the ground.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 24, 2019, 10:28:31 am by Donnywolf »

Hi IDM - if you mean me no !

They may have taken it down for a bit but this is it 1 minute since

https://tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk/en-GB/events/doncaster%20rovers%20v%20oldham%20athletic/2019-1-26_15.00/keepmoat%20stadium?hallmap

You may be asking MM though !

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 24, 2019, 10:43:54 am by IDM »

Hi IDM - if you mean me no !

They may have taken it down for a bit but this is it 1 minute since

https://tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk/en-GB/events/doncaster%20rovers%20v%20oldham%20athletic/2019-1-26_15.00/keepmoat%20stadium?hallmap

You may be asking MM though !

I was checking with you yes, but you are right, it is back on now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012