Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:39:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Palace ticket allocation  (Read 22567 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Palace ticket allocation
« Reply #30 on January 28, 2019, 08:57:29 pm by silent majority »
No doubt we will be consulted. But do bear in mind that Palace will also get 45% of the gate receipts. So without TV revenues, and keeping the ticket price as low as possible, means the club will not benefit financially.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 28, 2019, 08:57:59 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Did they ever fetch more than a 1000 when we played in the championship?
With 3 weeks notice it’s not going to be cheap for them on the train either.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 28, 2019, 08:59:40 pm by silent majority »
It's an interesting point. Can a club say no to tv?
Our record in front of the cameras is not too great I seem to recall.

You could try, but that wouldn't sit very well with the FA at all.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 28, 2019, 09:07:34 pm by IDM »
  No chance of that, I think Chelsea and Man U will be Friday night. If we are Thursday night it could be a poor crowd if televised.
  We will have to wait and see the TV schedule. We will not be the main draw.

Thursday is too soon and we would have to re arrange the Tuesday and Saturday games..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 28, 2019, 09:08:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The only reason I wouldn't want a Friday or Monday night is that it will make it more difficult for some to get there including young families with kids and being the family club we are, I'm sure that will be a consideration.

I'm sure the club will take everything into account but bearing in mind there was still 2000 seats left over on Saturday, we want to fill them the best way we can. I'm sure the initial allocation for Palace will be limited, then home sales will be monitored for demand.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 28, 2019, 09:09:00 pm by RedJ »
  No chance of that, I think Chelsea and Man U will be Friday night. If we are Thursday night it could be a poor crowd if televised.
  We will have to wait and see the TV schedule. We will not be the main draw.

Thursday is too soon and we would have to re arrange the Tuesday and Saturday games..
Plus there are never FA Cup games on the Thursday... not unless it's a replay, in which case it's a midweek fixture already anyway.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 28, 2019, 09:13:19 pm by hoolahoop »
If it’s on telly I actually don’t see them bringing that many

Then you don't know Palace fans . Their supporters will be looking seriously at reaching the final. Nothing to keep them at home is there ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 28, 2019, 09:14:44 pm by drfchound »
I expect them to bring loads of fans.

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 28, 2019, 09:14:52 pm by curley »
Chelsea v Manchester will be a weekend match the Thursday league will have started by then.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 28, 2019, 09:15:26 pm by bpoolrover »
The only reason I wouldn't want a Friday or Monday night is that it will make it more difficult for some to get there including young families with kids and being the family club we are, I'm sure that will be a consideration.

I'm sure the club will take everything into account but bearing in mind there was still 2000 seats left over on Saturday, we want to fill them the best way we can. I'm sure the initial allocation for Palace will be limited, then home sales will be monitored for demand.
it should help a little that’s kids are on holiday if on the Monday

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 28, 2019, 09:16:07 pm by hoolahoop »

They travel in big numbers for big games and this is certainly one of those . Of course they are also a Prem team now

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 28, 2019, 09:16:33 pm by normal rules »
No doubt we will be consulted. But do bear in mind that Palace will also get 45% of the gate receipts. So without TV revenues, and keeping the ticket price as low as possible, means the club will not benefit financially.

Whats your take on it SM, price wise? I'm sure the club will listen to your opinion.
Lets not forget the club has extra coffers already from the cup run. There seems to be a confidence that this tie will attract the cameras.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 28, 2019, 09:17:18 pm by drfchound »

They travel in big numbers for big games and this is certainly one of those . Of course they are also a Prem team now

They once filled the away end.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 28, 2019, 09:19:23 pm by normal rules »
i wonder what palace and chelsea charged for their 4th rd games. plenty of empty seats at both grounds and chelsea had the whole top tier of the main stand closed.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 28, 2019, 09:19:56 pm by selby »
  I mixed up the  Spurs v Chelsea Thursday game which was a League Cup game with the FA cup thank god, sorry folks.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 28, 2019, 09:20:42 pm by drfchound »
i wonder what palace and chelsea charged for their 4th rd games. plenty of empty seats at both grounds and chelsea had the whole top tier of the main stand closed.

Wednesday weren’t a big attraction though were they.

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 28, 2019, 09:30:03 pm by Maps »
Looks like a Sunday (did a search for Palace fixtures) time to be determined.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 28, 2019, 09:35:06 pm by Filo »
I expect them to bring loads of fans.

Mid winter game in the frozen North, might be too much for their soft Southern skin to bare

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 28, 2019, 09:38:14 pm by selby »
 Townsend did well at Newcastle

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 28, 2019, 09:58:13 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

They once filled the away end.

Yeah, when it was free. Not sure many of them can afford to go north of the Thames AND pay to get in.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 28, 2019, 10:07:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Definitely give them as few tickets as poss, and ideally on a lower tear so we can gob on them through the game - memories of League Cup game in 2003 when a bunch of aging "sarf Landan" wannabe pretty boy gangster coke heads did that to us throughout the game. Cops eventually sorted them out, but the place is more Crystal Meth than Crystal Palace. They're a health hazard, I'm not sure the stench of more than 2,000 of the scumbags would get carried away on the wind quickly enough.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 28, 2019, 10:10:30 pm by silent majority »

Whats your take on it SM, price wise? I'm sure the club will listen to your opinion.
Lets not forget the club has extra coffers already from the cup run. There seems to be a confidence that this tie will attract the cameras.

I don't have one yet. The financials will be key.  The club will analyse this properly, like they always do, and base it on the information they have.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 28, 2019, 10:14:15 pm by johnny rovers »
I'd go for cat A £20, everywhere else £18.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 28, 2019, 10:52:25 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
SM, out of curiosity, what do you think the chances are of us giving Palace the absolute bare minimum? ie 2,200 ish, and keeping the rest for ourselves?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 28, 2019, 10:55:27 pm by silent majority »
SM, out of curiosity, what do you think the chances are of us giving Palace the absolute bare minimum? ie 2,200 ish, and keeping the rest for ourselves?

Judging by our attempts to fill the stadium in recent years I would say that's a non-starter.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 28, 2019, 10:57:50 pm by jonnydog »
Let’s not forget that Sheff Weds are playing at Rotherham on the 16th Feb and that’s a 1300 kick off. Sheff Utd also entertain Reading at 1500, with Barnsley ALSO playing at home... so policing will need to be considered and coincide with that, especially if Palace are bringing a fair few!

So might need to be a much later kick off or on a different day.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:02:14 pm by jonnydog »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 28, 2019, 11:06:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The last round was against Oldham. This is against Palace, but more importantly it is the 5th round of the FA Cup. I know the FA Cup has gone downhill in many people's eyes in the last 30 years, but this will catch the imagination of a lot of people.

Even if we only sell 10,000 and there are 1000 tickets unsold, that's no great loss in the bigger picture. The more Donny fans we can get in there the more are going to be drawn into the club long term. At worst it is an investment, and gives the public of Doncaster the opportunity to see the 5th round of the cup.

Giving Palace 15% max is undoubtedly the right decision   :scarf: :thumbsup:  :scarf:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 28, 2019, 11:08:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Judging by our attempts to fill the stadium in recent years I would say that's a non-starter.

Which occasions are you comparing here?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 28, 2019, 11:21:25 pm by silent majority »

Which occasions are you comparing here?

You want a specific one? I was talking generally. We have always struggled to fill the stadium, even when we made it free we couldn't fill it.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 28, 2019, 11:33:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I mean this game is one of those that is a bit more attractive than the average league game, even when that league game is against West Ham (11344) or Newcastle (full).

The last Palace gates in the league were:

So it's not much of a leap to see how we can get 10 to 11k for this.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012