Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:33:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FA Cup Tickets  (Read 45678 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: FA Cup Tickets
« Reply #120 on February 06, 2019, 01:00:01 pm by normal rules »
This may create even more clamour for tickets.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on February 06, 2019, 01:18:39 pm by drfchound »
Reading the Palace forum thread about ticket sales it would appear we have now given them the full 3800 seats allocation which should create a great atmosphere. They seem a particularly nice, friendly bunch and very appreciative of our generous ticket pricing, so much so they have voiced that they forgo the 45% of the gate monies out of respect to us as they get so much TV money already. Not only is that a fantastic stance (by the fans) should we be encouraging this to happen and if so, how? Would It make a difference if both sets of fans got behind this? It has already been done by at least one other Prem side this year, hence their suggestion. It would be a nice little bonus for a club like hours.

I don’t think that our club should ask for 100% of the gate receipts.

However it would be a lovely gesture by Crystal Palace FC if they were to offer it to us.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on February 06, 2019, 01:24:12 pm by NickDRFC »
Reading the Palace forum thread about ticket sales it would appear we have now given them the full 3800 seats allocation which should create a great atmosphere. They seem a particularly nice, friendly bunch and very appreciative of our generous ticket pricing, so much so they have voiced that they forgo the 45% of the gate monies out of respect to us as they get so much TV money already. Not only is that a fantastic stance (by the fans) should we be encouraging this to happen and if so, how? Would It make a difference if both sets of fans got behind this? It has already been done by at least one other Prem side this year, hence their suggestion. It would be a nice little bonus for a club like hours.

However it would be a lovely gesture by Crystal Palace FC if they were to offer it to us.

Agreed, I don’t think we should ask - it would have to come from Palace themselves, but would be great if it happened.

Will be a shame though if we have fans who want to go but can’t because we’ve given an extra 800 to Palace.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on February 06, 2019, 01:26:20 pm by normal rules »
They have a very active fan group called holmesdale fanatics. Or HF. Seems they will all be located in one block of the north stand which should be colourful. I also note that they have had local punk bands playing on the concourse at sp pre match. What a great idea. One of the bands has an ex damned player with them who happens to be a big palace fan.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on February 06, 2019, 01:31:28 pm by drfchound »
With only ten days to go to the actual fixture, I suppose the club had to make an educated decision on the number of tickets being made available to Palace fans.

After all, supporters need time to make travel arrangements etc.

It would be ideal if it could be guaranteed to sell the 800 tickets to our fans but conversely it would be silly to end up with 800 empty seats that could have been sold to away fans.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on February 06, 2019, 01:39:03 pm by normal rules »
Their current support base is significantly larger than ours obviously. Guaranteed ticket sales will always trump “ might sell”

I am going to predict a sell out. Whatever that is currently.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on February 06, 2019, 01:43:20 pm by CantleyRed »
Hopefully we will sell enough to avoid the 800 empty seats in the North West or is that classed as segregation now?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on February 06, 2019, 01:49:21 pm by IDM »
There are a couple of unused blocks o the west stand which I understand are not used due to increased policing costs.. however on this occasion perhaps they can be used meaning about another 800 seats for home fans..

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on February 06, 2019, 02:46:04 pm by WheatleyRover »
Ive emailed the club previously about the west stand, its not for segregation, its to pack the fans in closer together to try and generate a better atmosphere, it was open for the Stoke game and would be for this if ticket demand is there

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on February 06, 2019, 02:50:49 pm by RoversAlias »
Quick question for those who buy online, if wanting to buy a ticket for the unreserved section of the South Stand, is it just any blocks in the "S#" section that class as unreserved?

Got someone wanting to join us for the game but they'll only go if they can sit with us, and we're unreserved STH who already have our tickets.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on February 06, 2019, 02:52:47 pm by normal rules »
Any block that starts with s is south stand

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on February 06, 2019, 02:54:29 pm by Pancho Regan »
Ive emailed the club previously about the west stand, its not for segregation, its to pack the fans in closer together to try and generate a better atmosphere, it was open for the Stoke game and would be for this if ticket demand is there

That sounds promising - there must be a good chance that section could be opened up the way the demand is going at the moment.

I'm getting quite giddy with excitement - can we dare to dream that there might be TWO beer kiosks open in the West Stand?!

;)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on February 06, 2019, 03:36:06 pm by since-1969 »
Going by the online system there are about 2800 tickets left available.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on February 06, 2019, 03:38:32 pm by dknward2 »

That sounds promising - there must be a good chance that section could be opened up the way the demand is going at the moment.

I'm getting quite giddy with excitement - can we dare to dream that there might be TWO beer kiosks open in the West Stand?!

;)

Slow down your expecting far too much from centreplate

The sooner we can take control of the food and drink outlets the better

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on February 06, 2019, 03:43:48 pm by Donnywolf »
Going by the online system there are about 2800 tickets left available.

I am guessing that they have not added the Season Tickets back in yet ? Some people may not be using them but they will be reserved till the end of the day today Sunday (corrected see below) - then the outstanding figure will jump up - until the Oldham Ticket Holders get stuck in
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:25:30 pm by Donnywolf »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on February 06, 2019, 04:05:16 pm by IDM »
Aren’t ST holder seats reserved until after Sunday.?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on February 06, 2019, 04:26:09 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes just had a look and corrected my Post above - Cheers

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on February 06, 2019, 04:27:11 pm by RedJ »
Quick question for those who buy online, if wanting to buy a ticket for the unreserved section of the South Stand, is it just any blocks in the "S#" section that class as unreserved?

Got someone wanting to join us for the game but they'll only go if they can sit with us, and we're unreserved STH who already have our tickets.
Yes

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on February 06, 2019, 04:52:31 pm by Superspy »
Just bought my 2, will be picking up another 2 or 3 when they hit general sale.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on February 06, 2019, 05:44:55 pm by the vicar »

Agreed, I don’t think we should ask - it would have to come from Palace themselves, but would be great if it happened.

Will be a shame though if we have fans who want to go but can’t because we’ve given an extra 800 to Palace.
we never sell them tickets anyway

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on February 06, 2019, 06:00:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If Rovers have given the additional tickets to Palace, I can understand that given the reason stated above. It will still leave us with at least 2000 plus more home capacity than the Oldham game.

The club will have more of an idea how many stubs exceed ST/membership holders and will be able to guesstimate the likely free capacity.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on February 06, 2019, 06:12:32 pm by idler »
There are also those that were at the Oldham game that can't make the Palace game.
Four in our case.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on February 06, 2019, 07:01:54 pm by German Rover »
There are also those that were at the Oldham game that can't make the Palace game.
Four in our case.

And Me!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on February 06, 2019, 07:29:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I went to Oldham and am a ST holder. Is there going to be any point when I can get 2 tickets online or do I just need to go in?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on February 06, 2019, 07:35:28 pm by adamtherover »
I went to Oldham and am a ST holder. Is there going to be any point when I can get 2 tickets online or do I just need to go in?
no need to go in,  over the phone you still be able to get two tickets with one st. I did that for the Oldham game.   Not sure what the maximum is..

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on February 06, 2019, 07:39:38 pm by adamtherover »
As a side note,  with the options available I am staggered that anyone would take the trouble to go to the ticket office in person...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on February 06, 2019, 08:11:27 pm by drfchound »
Maybe the club should close it down then.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on February 06, 2019, 08:46:37 pm by knockers »
Online takes 30 seconds tops.
If you go regular with the same group you just link all your accounts then pay a whole £1 and receive them the following day.

I can see there being no requirement for the ticket office in a few years time.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:18:39 pm by knockers »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on February 06, 2019, 08:50:26 pm by drfchound »
I know all of that mate but there are plenty of people who may not want to do that or perhaps don’t use computers.
Yeah, there are lots of people out there that don’t do.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on February 06, 2019, 08:58:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's always a place for the personal touch!

In a similar vein, I note the new Spurs stadium is a cashless stadium. Card transactions only.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012