Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:37:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Crystal Palace game  (Read 16168 times)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Crystal Palace game
« Reply #120 on February 17, 2019, 12:39:10 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Rowe has done nothing this season, looked very ordinary.  I would go with Blair.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on February 17, 2019, 12:40:48 pm by IDM »
Different sort of player.. Rowe can offer experience too..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on February 17, 2019, 12:56:38 pm by selby »
  IAATP, I could go along with that, but feel as IDM Rowe has the more experience of playing against good defenders, carries a goal threat, is better defensively, and Blair may be needed to cover at right back later in the game.
 Whoever gets the nod I am sure they will not let us down.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on February 17, 2019, 01:58:57 pm by adamtherover »
Now the latest intel is that Wilks is suspended after all [anyone for humble pie ?] I am marginally less confident. We will miss his ability to beat players and draw cautions which I don't think the CP defenders would have had an answer for. Who will start in his place is the question now.
the latest Intel being the beeb repeating duff information that you are absolutely desperate to be proved right on!!   Seems like you would prefer rovers to field a weakened side just so you can have some sort of gloating trip over who gets the most accurate info.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on February 17, 2019, 02:30:42 pm by goalkick »
Watching sky sports news before setting. Saying Wilkes is banned.they can't seem to get it right.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on February 17, 2019, 02:32:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He is banned!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on February 17, 2019, 02:58:39 pm by ravenrover »
Where is this coming from?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on February 17, 2019, 03:04:09 pm by ravenrover »
Teamsheet in no Wilkes What went wrong there then?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on February 17, 2019, 03:05:51 pm by NickDRFC »
Apparently the FA let the club know last night that they got it wrong and that he should in fact be suspended.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on February 17, 2019, 07:33:34 pm by selby »
   A good effort, as everyone has said that bit of class showed, and we didn't have a great deal of luck with their goals. The first was a bad deflection that Marosi would probably have had covered if not deflected.
   The second a bit of a moan from me, why has it become the norm for referee's to let a move be completed even though time is up before the end of the move.
  Yes it was poor defending, but time should have stopped the game before the goal. It is something that has crept into the game, and when referees are so pedantic on other issues it drives me mad, or that was a long minute.
  Wilks and Smith were a big miss, I have never thought that May and Marquis are a good pair, Coppinger was the cleverest player on the field, constantly making room for himself when in possession even against premiership opposition,and Crawford played very well, like others I could not understand the substitutions.
 So that's it for another year, we have done well, made a few bob, and projected the club nationally in a good light.
   Now for the bread and butter, still a lot to play for, and there will be a few twists and turns, but one thing it won't be is dull.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on February 17, 2019, 08:13:50 pm by drfchound »
Pretty much as I saw it Selby.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on February 17, 2019, 08:23:34 pm by Campsall rover »
I thought they did us proud today we played some great football just not quite as good as Palace in both boxes where ultimately it counts.
We definitely missed Wilks. Alfie May gave his all as usual but lacks that physical presence and never looked likely to score.
If we play that quality of football for the remainder of the season we will certainly be in the play offs.
Has anybody in our league got a better midfield quartet ( if you include Copps ) of Kane, Whiteman, Crawford & Coppinger.
Memories of Green, Stock, Wellens & Oster.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on February 17, 2019, 09:20:52 pm by bobjimwilly »
man of the match poll now up --> https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=269255

TinyPortal © 2005-2012