Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:11:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jihadi bride  (Read 13094 times)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: Jihadi bride
« Reply #120 on February 19, 2019, 11:07:34 pm by Not Now Kato »
https://petition.parliament.uk/signatures/55960080/signed

signed

Sign as much as you like, the law is the law; international law is international law.  It may let you vent your frustration, but it won't change a thing in this instance.

Oh, and there are quite a few people who have already 'returned' to the UK.

It might have had an influence Kato.

As I understand it the Home Secretary has taken legal advice, as is the correct thing to do.  That advice seems to have been that if she has dual citizenship then her UK citizenship can be revoked. As I said, the law is the law; international law is international law.  They are the deciding factors, not a lot of signatures.

This has happened previously with ISIS supporters from the UK, one of which has won his appeal against the decision - i.e. proved that he did not have dual citizenship.

The government has advised her family that she too has the right of appeal against a similar decision.  One can only hope that if she does appeal the legal advice and information regarding her status that the government received was accurate and her appeal will fail, but again, the law is the law and any appeal decision will be based on facts and not signatures.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on February 20, 2019, 09:05:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »
 The expert legal opinion on the radio this morning was that there's not a chance in hell that the decision to revoke her British citizenship will survive appeal.

But that's not the point though is it. There's an entirely different reason why her citizenship was revoked yesterday.

This is now about Sajid Javid positioning himself to be the next PM when May finally goes.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on February 20, 2019, 09:11:38 am by bobjimwilly »
The expert legal opinion on the radio this morning was that there's not a chance in hell that the decision to revoke her British citizenship will survive appeal.

But that's not the point though is it. There's an entirely different reason why her citizenship was revoked yesterday.

This is now about Sajid Javid positioning himself to be the next PM when May finally goes.

Exactly. He can say "I was that one that tried to make sure this terrorist didn't come back"

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on February 20, 2019, 09:18:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
https://mobile.twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1098139734176686080

I'm sure yesterday was just an oversight by Javid.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on February 20, 2019, 09:40:11 am by drfchound »
https://petition.parliament.uk/signatures/55960080/signed

signed

Sign as much as you like, the law is the law; international law is international law.  It may let you vent your frustration, but it won't change a thing in this instance.

Oh, and there are quite a few people who have already 'returned' to the UK.

It might have had an influence Kato.

As I understand it the Home Secretary has taken legal advice, as is the correct thing to do.  That advice seems to have been that if she has dual citizenship then her UK citizenship can be revoked. As I said, the law is the law; international law is international law.  They are the deciding factors, not a lot of signatures.

This has happened previously with ISIS supporters from the UK, one of which has won his appeal against the decision - i.e. proved that he did not have dual citizenship.

The government has advised her family that she too has the right of appeal against a similar decision.  One can only hope that if she does appeal the legal advice and information regarding her status that the government received was accurate and her appeal will fail, but again, the law is the law and any appeal decision will be based on facts and not signatures.

No disagreement from me on any of that.

Any petition delivered to the government with more than 100,000 signatures has to be reviewed by the government.
As this particular one has around 500,000 signatures, all I was saying is that it might have had an influence.

There is a strong public opinion against her coming back here.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on February 20, 2019, 09:43:01 am by Axholme Lion »
The Home Sec has done the decent thing regardless of the final outcome. I'm sure some slimeball lawyer will do their best to get her off. Probably the same sort of lawyer who prosecute British soldiers for so called war crimes. At least the bleeding hearts can't accuse him of racism.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on February 20, 2019, 09:43:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Definitely a political decision (the right one btw) and May would have done the same when it was her decision.  However it doesn't appear to be clearly legal.  It's not an easy one, but frankly the popular decision is the easy bit.

I think she's got a cheek to be honest and should be thrown in a cell for a very long time, but the law is the law.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on February 20, 2019, 12:23:27 pm by bobjimwilly »
I just wonder what the reaction would have been if it was a 15 year old white girl gone to join a murderous cult abroad, who then, after possibly being raped a couple of times, giving birth twice and both her kids being killed, gets pregnant again and decides she and the baby might be better off at home.

This girl is surrounded by other muslims, probably former ISIS fighters still dedicated to the cause, meaning she can't renounce ISIS or complain about anything publicly. Is that not a strong possibility?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on February 20, 2019, 02:57:12 pm by glosterred »
I just wonder what the reaction would have been if it was a 15 year old white girl gone to join a murderous cult abroad, who then, after possibly being raped a couple of times, giving birth twice and both her kids being killed, gets pregnant again and decides she and the baby might be better off at home.

This girl is surrounded by other muslims, probably former ISIS fighters still dedicated to the cause, meaning she can't renounce ISIS or complain about anything publicly. Is that not a strong possibility?

I wouldn’t want her back in this country either

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on February 20, 2019, 03:05:02 pm by bpoolrover »

This girl is surrounded by other muslims, probably former ISIS fighters still dedicated to the cause, meaning she can't renounce ISIS or complain about anything publicly. Is that not a strong possibility? I wouldnt want her back either it’s nothing to do with colour or race it’s the fact she has shown no remorse still wants to be with her Isis fighting husband

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on February 20, 2019, 03:43:01 pm by drfchound »

Who says she was raped, who’s saying that her kids were “killed”.

Black, white, yellow or green........for me, I wouldn’t want her back in this country.

Her attitude to the Manchester bombing is atrocious.

Let her stay with her IS bloke.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on February 20, 2019, 04:27:51 pm by ravenrover »
It appears that the husband is Dutch so does that make the child Dutch? Regarding her nationality at 21 her Bangla deshi citizenship automatically lapses if she has dual nationality, as she is under 21 she would have a bit of a problem fighting the Governments decision to strip her of UK citizenship as she is not stateless

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on February 20, 2019, 09:49:14 pm by The Red Baron »
I dare say that despite the Home Secretary's pronouncement it might be difficult legally to stop Begum coming back to the UK and claiming citizenship. However I think it would be a bad thing for community cohesion if she does return. I can imagine Tommy Robinson having a field day, especially if the Left try to portray her as some kind of victim / heroine.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on February 20, 2019, 09:59:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The only person if heard describing her as a victim is Jacob Rees-Mogg on QT last week. Pick the bones out of that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on February 20, 2019, 09:59:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Course, he could be playing a canny game there...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on February 20, 2019, 10:04:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Something's really been bugging me about Javid's statement. Someone on the radio crystallised it tonight.

Javid said we could revoke her British citizenship and that wouldn't leave her stateless. Presumably meaning she could take out Bangladeshi citizenship.

Just stop and think what that implies.

She was born, raised and radicalised in Britain. Javid is saying we can wash our hands of her and let a country which she had never so much as visited deal with the problem. And according to a Bangladeshi Govt spokesman today, he hasn't so much as lifted the phone to discuss that with them.

That's not what responsible politicians do. That's how Empires treat colonies. Whatever you think of what she has done, she is legally and morally OUR problem to deal with.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on February 20, 2019, 10:43:25 pm by The Red Baron »
The only person if heard describing her as a victim is Jacob Rees-Mogg on QT last week. Pick the bones out of that.

You should have seen Sky News the other day. I thought I was listening to the life story of Joan of Arc.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on February 20, 2019, 10:52:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well she probably will be burnt at the stake if she comes back here.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on February 20, 2019, 11:49:40 pm by bpoolrover »
So she comes back and has some part to play in a terrorist attack where kids die (unlikely but possible) where would your morals stand with that?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on February 21, 2019, 12:06:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
She is used as a poster girl for Jihadists to show the next generation how amoral The West is. Some kid buys into that, is radicalised and blows himself up in Trafalgar Square on New Year's Eve.

Where's YOUR morals with that?

f**king hard isn't it?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on February 21, 2019, 12:41:51 am by bpoolrover »
So you know what’s going on in her head do you did 1 of your f...ing experts tell you that 2, your not always right bst people are allowed 2 disagree with you and on this subject I would hazard a guess you are in the minority is that fu..ing hard to understand?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on February 21, 2019, 12:50:02 am by bpoolrover »
Was she used a poster girl when she started watching the beheading videoes? She was attaractef to isis by watching them(her words not mine) she does not regret joining them, she will wait in hope for her husband and stay with him, maybe in your little world we could invite him to the country to, f..k me boris Johnson said about the post boxes and you wanted him hung drawn and quartered just like most things bst I’m sure this is a way for you to score political points

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on February 21, 2019, 01:05:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
No Bpool

My point is that it's a difficult world. With hard decisions to make.

You gave a simple, 1-D example of what might happen. That would be a horrific tragedy if it did happen.

I gave another one, equally plausible. And that, too, would be a horrific tragedy if it happened.

It's genuinely f**king hard to get these things right. There are many possible outcomes.

Back in the early 70s, our Govt's reaction to terrorism in Northern Ireland was to send troops into the back streets in the middle of the night, drag hundreds of young Catholic suspects out of their beds and put them in internment camps without trial.

They put the law on hold because they had to to sort the problem out. Stop people being shot and blown up.

That was a sensible approach, no?

Actually, no it wasn't. It radicalised an entire generation.  The violence went on for nearly 30 years. 3000 people were killed.

It's REALLY hard to get these things right.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on February 21, 2019, 10:30:23 am by Not Now Kato »
Well she probably will be burnt at the stake if she comes back here.

She's not coming back, apparently she's been offered a house in Blackpool..........................but has chosen to stay in Syria.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on February 21, 2019, 05:02:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If it's the case that the government has been infuenced by public outrage to help them make their decision then thank god for those who expressed their disgust.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on February 21, 2019, 06:16:53 pm by drfchound »
Just seen on tv that Corbyn says that Begum should be allowed to come back to the UK.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on February 21, 2019, 06:41:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bentley. Are you saying the Govt should arbitrarily abrogate international law because fewer than 1% of the population have signed a petition?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on February 21, 2019, 09:19:12 pm by RedRover45 »
Just seen on tv that Corbyn says that Begum should be allowed to come back to the UK.

If there's any doubt about his ability to run the country, then that pearl of wisdom will hammer any final nail in that coffin.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on February 21, 2019, 09:26:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Bentley. Are you saying the Govt should arbitrarily abrogate international law because fewer than 1% of the population have signed a petition?
No

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on February 21, 2019, 09:42:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Right. Glad we cleared that up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012