Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:04:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Electronic advertising boards  (Read 3131 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Electronic advertising boards
« on February 17, 2019, 07:22:36 pm by Filo »
I hope we never see them again, far too bright and at one point when a yellow advert came on you could n’t see the Palace players

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
Re: Electronic advertising boards
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2019, 07:24:51 pm by WheatleyRover »
Not to mention they didn't work for most of the game

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2019, 07:27:01 pm by mushRTID »
Did we earn extra money for having them? Or is it just a requirement for TV games and that’s the money we get.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2019, 07:28:33 pm by Donnywolf »
Got to agree - it was hard to concentrate on the "action" with them things bobbing and weaving !

Thanks goodness we dont have to suffer that every week ! Bah humbug !

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2019, 07:29:20 pm by drfchound »
Got to agree - it was hard to concentrate on the "action" with them things bobbing and weaving !

Thanks goodness we dont have to suffer that every week ! Bah humbug !

We will do when we get to the PL.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2019, 08:48:08 pm by normal rules »
Our flood lights clearly are not bright enough when them things are strobing away. Mind you. We are not likely to see them for some time again.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2019, 08:50:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
An absolute disaster. You can see the mindset - f**k anyone in the stadium (there to provide atmosphere for the TV audiences) so long as the digital boards cycle through a load of consumer crap that someone wants to sell you. Forget about your actual enjoyment of the game in the stadium.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2019, 09:03:53 pm by roversdude »
TBH there’s an advert for Donasonic (?) on the big screen that is so bright it reflects in the East Stand hospitality boxes and blinds me in the West

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2019, 09:24:15 pm by GazLaz »
Our flood lights clearly are not bright enough when them things are strobing away. Mind you. We are not likely to see them for some time again.

I always think that. The thing I remember about the Emirates stadium was how bright it was. It looked like daylight.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 17, 2019, 09:32:46 pm by the vicar »
Did we earn extra money for having them? Or is it just a requirement for TV games and that’s the money we get.
yes we get mega bucks with having then, and we might have them again if they are available

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 17, 2019, 09:51:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
An absolute disaster. You can see the mindset - f**k anyone in the stadium (there to provide atmosphere for the TV audiences) so long as the digital boards cycle through a load of consumer crap that someone wants to sell you. Forget about your actual enjoyment of the game in the stadium.

Consumer crap I could just about live with. The fact that every other advert was for that cancer of modern society, bookies, tells you all you need to know about the values of football at the top these days.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 17, 2019, 09:57:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
No different to past really. Booze and fags commonplace adverts 30 years ago. Nowt worse than smoking / smokers.

ScrumpyCPFC

« Reply #12 on February 17, 2019, 11:00:49 pm by ScrumpyCPFC »
You think that's bad. We have crowd facing ads on the LED panels. Another premier League positive

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 17, 2019, 11:28:53 pm by Draytonian III »
The majority of them went off for approx an hour when the lad on loan from Chelsea (Batshauyi ) fell over them , £33 million for him !!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:32:01 pm by Draytonian III »

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 17, 2019, 11:37:41 pm by johnny rovers »

Not all of the floodlight bulbs were turned on by the looks of it when the LED boards got switched on again around the hour mark, hence why they appeared to illuminate so much.

More floodlight bulbs, presumably, then got switched on and it became more bearable.

P.S. I wonder how Scunthorpe or Walsall would get on if they ever had to have them, given there is basically no run off from the pitch at either of those grounds.

There has been around half a dozen flood lights out on each tower for over a season now. Quite disappointing to be honest, makes us look a bit amateur.

The advertising boards where being powered by a secondary generator from the South East corner

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 18, 2019, 05:17:23 pm by scawsby steve »

Not all of the floodlight bulbs were turned on by the looks of it when the LED boards got switched on again around the hour mark, hence why they appeared to illuminate so much.

More floodlight bulbs, presumably, then got switched on and it became more bearable.

P.S. I wonder how Scunthorpe or Walsall would get on if they ever had to have them, given there is basically no run off from the pitch at either of those grounds.

There has been around half a dozen flood lights out on each tower for over a season now. Quite disappointing to be honest, makes us look a bit amateur.

The advertising boards where being powered by a secondary generator from the South East corner

Well said Johnny; I've noticed those lights being out for a long time now; doesn't look good.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 18, 2019, 05:47:17 pm by Retdon1 »
My eyesight is pretty good but I struggled to see the ball at the far end when the advertising board was white or bright colours.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 18, 2019, 05:49:41 pm by Filo »
Glad they did n’t work for a good portion of the game, I really hope we din’t have to suffer them again

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 18, 2019, 06:07:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
They were a real distraction and sometimes you couldn:t see the ball in the glare.. Far too bright.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 18, 2019, 06:27:55 pm by Donnybob »
I thought there was a dog on the pitch at on stage, running down the touch line till the penny dropped!

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 19, 2019, 12:22:35 pm by Move DRFC »
Definitely need the brightness notched down a few pegs for future use

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 19, 2019, 12:45:15 pm by Jimmydee »
I can remember our last visit to Wigan, it looked like bright white adverts came on every time that we attacked their goal, is this a modern day tactic? And that bloody dog was also at Wigan.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 19, 2019, 05:59:02 pm by silent majority »
Strangely enough this very subject was brought up at a very recent EFL/Fan engagement meeting. The EFL guys had strange looks on their faces as if to say, 'is this an issue'?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 19, 2019, 06:00:32 pm by Filo »
Strangely enough this very subject was brought up at a very recent EFL/Fan engagement meeting. The EFL guys had strange looks on their faces as if to say, 'is this an issue'?

I’d say it is an issue when the colours are as bright as they were on Sunday

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 19, 2019, 08:58:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Have to be honest I find them annoying but part of that would be the lack of brightness in the stand?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012