Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:23:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scunny  (Read 15050 times)

DRFCFAN12

• Forum Member
Re: Scunny
« Reply #30 on February 19, 2019, 05:40:42 pm by DRFCFAN12 »
I’m standing. Not illegal to stand up at a footy match

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 19, 2019, 06:05:31 pm by dickos1 »
Find a seat not behind a post then, you can’t move someone in your seat if everybody else is sat where they want.

The people who want to stand and sing, congregate at the back which is what should happen.
Can’t moan about people standing near the front and then say everyone has to sit where their ticket states

Well yes you can. Assuming of course that you don’t subscribe to the ‘everyone sits where they want’ phiolosophy

I think everyone who wants to stand and sing should be able to congregate at the back, thus stopping people standing near the front.

Never happened last year at Scunny, loads stood up at the front, in fact two old lasses were thrown out when a bit of bother broke out at the front

Probably because people sat in the seats on their ticket even if they were near the back,

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 19, 2019, 06:11:14 pm by Donnywolf »
Surely if we are discussing this again our Club could come to an arrangement with theirs and ask them to remove the requirement to sit in allocated Seats or is that too simple ?

We still have Wednesday Thursday and Friday and Social Media and Forums such as this to announce whether it will be allowed

For me it would be ideal as the Standers could take the back of the stand to - well stand and sing - and the rest of the people could sit in front and hopefully not have to stand for 90 Minutes if they dont want to

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 19, 2019, 06:15:01 pm by Donnywolf »
Just remember there's older folk who enjoy going away who possibly can't stand for 90 mins. If you stand when you're seat is near the front and refuse to sit down when asked, you are a bell-end, end of.

That happened on Sunday.

Yes I agree - I am getting on and though I consider myself fit and lucky to be able to stand if I have to in truth I only want to stand up 6 times in 90 minutes at Scunny

I to get a p** at HT 1 to go home and 4 times when we score

So I would prefer to get a Seat and be able to stay in it apart from those 6 times - and it is better when Away Clubs DONT insist on you sitting where your Ticket says
They gave us 1678 Tickets beind the Goal and we sold them all. Some people wont turn up after changes of plan / family crises etc but even if they did there would still be the same number of Tickets as Seats so why the problem ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 19, 2019, 06:42:59 pm by silent majority »
Just remember there's older folk who enjoy going away who possibly can't stand for 90 mins. If you stand when you're seat is near the front and refuse to sit down when asked, you are a bell-end, end of.

That happened on Sunday.

Yes I agree - I am getting on and though I consider myself fit and lucky to be able to stand if I have to in truth I only want to stand up 6 times in 90 minutes at Scunny

I to get a p** at HT 1 to go home and 4 times when we score

So I would prefer to get a Seat and be able to stay in it apart from those 6 times - and it is better when Away Clubs DONT insist on you sitting where your Ticket says
They gave us 1678 Tickets beind the Goal and we sold them all. Some people wont turn up after changes of plan / family crises etc but even if they did there would still be the same number of Tickets as Seats so why the problem ?

The problem is that odd seats get left here and there. A Mum and Dad turning up with 2 kids can't use them. Hence the reason people want to sit in allocated seats.

If its not allocated then they need to reduce the number of tickets sold for that area.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 19, 2019, 06:45:10 pm by the vicar »
I have just messaged Gavin and asked him if he can have a word with scunny

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 19, 2019, 07:09:23 pm by drfchound »
Find a seat not behind a post then, you can’t move someone in your seat if everybody else is sat where they want.

The people who want to stand and sing, congregate at the back which is what should happen.
Can’t moan about people standing near the front and then say everyone has to sit where their ticket states

Well yes you can. Assuming of course that you don’t subscribe to the ‘everyone sits where they want’ phiolosophy

I think everyone who wants to stand and sing should be able to congregate at the back, thus stopping people standing near the front.

Never happened last year at Scunny, loads stood up at the front, in fact two old lasses were thrown out when a bit of bother broke out at the front

Probably because people sat in the seats on their ticket even if they were near the back,

But Filo said that the trouble started at the front.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 19, 2019, 07:16:00 pm by Filo »

They were n’t there until half time, they never moved after that arguing between themselves, they looked pissed and were well into their 60’s by the looks of them

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 19, 2019, 08:08:21 pm by Padge_DRFC »
People will congregate on the stairwells at the front. It will be obvious where not to sit if you want to sit and where to stand if you want to.

Oldham and Palace didn’t appear to have this issue. They both sold out.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 19, 2019, 08:33:29 pm by drfchound »
People will congregate on the stairwells at the front. It will be obvious where not to sit if you want to sit and where to stand if you want to.

Oldham and Palace didn’t appear to have this issue. They both sold out.

Padge, no disrespect mate but you should remember that lots of our fans don’t read what is written on here.
They may have bought tickets which are in the middle, at the front and gone in early.
The problem starts when people come in late and because they can’t get where would like to be they stand in front of people who have been in their seats for say, half an hour.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 19, 2019, 09:25:29 pm by dickos1 »

Yes because there was no room at the back

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 19, 2019, 09:29:53 pm by drfchound »

So all they had to do was get in early enough to stand at the back if that is what they wanted to do.
Some people expect others to move out of their way.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 19, 2019, 09:36:21 pm by dickos1 »
Listen I’m not arguing
I went to the cup game this season with my 4 year old boy and sat in my seat. 5 mins into game they all rocked up around us and stood up so I couldn’t see never mind him.
So I’m not saying they’re in the right, I’m saying it would be better if all the people who wanted to stand and sing were able to go to the back but they can’t if people are sat in their designated seats

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 19, 2019, 09:37:27 pm by Filo »

Is that a fact, or what you think?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 19, 2019, 09:38:28 pm by drfchound »
I don’t want to argue with you either.
All I am saying is that not everyone reads what is written on here.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 19, 2019, 09:41:47 pm by dickos1 »

It was a fact in the cup game, they all went to the back first

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 19, 2019, 09:43:04 pm by dknward2 »
Don’t forget that it’s a 1pm kickoff

chance to put pressure on those above us

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 19, 2019, 09:46:42 pm by Filo »

It was a fact in the cup game, they all went to the back first

I’m talking last years league game, so you are wrong in replying to my post as fact

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 19, 2019, 09:57:52 pm by dickos1 »
You said they didn’t arrive until half time, I’m pretty certain if they arrived at half time there would be no room for them at the back

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 19, 2019, 10:09:36 pm by Filo »
You said they didn’t arrive until half time, I’m pretty certain if they arrived at half time there would be no room for them at the back

I said they didn’t stand there until half time, they must have gone there from elsewhere in the stand.

You do like a arguement don’t you? You’re trying to tell me what I saw with my own eyes!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 19, 2019, 10:25:26 pm by dickos1 »
I’m not,
I don’t know what your disagreeing with me about, all I’m saying is if everyone sits in their designated seats it will cause issues with people standing near the front
It would make more sense if the people who wanted to stand were able to congregate at the back

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 19, 2019, 10:31:05 pm by Filo »
I’m not,
I don’t know what your disagreeing with me about, all I’m saying is if everyone sits in their designated seats it will cause issues with people standing near the front
It would make more sense if the people who wanted to stand were able to congregate at the back

Go back and look at your reply, no. 40

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 20, 2019, 12:27:30 am by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
If someone’s in my seat they’re moving. Happy to stand. But want my seat as I know it’s at the back and no post. So move they will .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 20, 2019, 06:34:52 am by dickos1 »
They will just say someone is in my seat,
At the cup game this season, the stewards were telling people to sit where you like

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 20, 2019, 09:13:49 am by the vicar »
I have asked Gavin B to look in to the prospect of unreserved seats for Scunthorpe, so he is going to have a word with the security people to talk and see what they can do

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 20, 2019, 10:37:03 am by DonnyNoel »
Do they sell all blocks at the same time? I got mine on general sale on Monday and as I have my 12 y/o son coming I was happy that the seats available were in one of the end blocks and row F for this very reason. But I was wondering if part of the issue was blocks being sold individually whereas if all tickets were on sale at the same time it would give people more flexibility to get a seat in accordance with their sit/stand preferences. You can't begrude people wanting to sit in their allocated seat but also this is a regualr occurance that people should maybe be a bit more savvy about where they buy tickets.

(Obviously a moot point if all blocks were put on sale at the same time).

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 20, 2019, 10:54:13 am by the vicar »
No they sold the two middle sections first at the same time

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 20, 2019, 10:59:26 am by pib »
Do they sell all blocks at the same time? I got mine on general sale on Monday and as I have my 12 y/o son coming I was happy that the seats available were in one of the end blocks and row F for this very reason. But I was wondering if part of the issue was blocks being sold individually whereas if all tickets were on sale at the same time it would give people more flexibility to get a seat in accordance with their sit/stand preferences. You can't begrude people wanting to sit in their allocated seat but also this is a regualr occurance that people should maybe be a bit more savvy about where they buy tickets.

(Obviously a moot point if all blocks were put on sale at the same time).

No they don't. Not online at least. I noticed they put all of the extra allocation online yesterday (in the side stand) but there's just the end block on sale now as people were probably cherry-picking seats in different blocks and they probably want to sell them block-by-block.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 20, 2019, 11:01:14 am by DonnyNoel »
No they sold the two middle sections first at the same time

Thanks Vicar. Easy to say now but wonder if that could be altered in future. For a game like this people are always going to want to get their tickets ASAP but that's going to lead to lot of the issues we're discussing right now.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 20, 2019, 11:14:31 am by DearneValleyRover »
Showing only 31 seats available on the website

TinyPortal © 2005-2012