Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:01:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BBC balance  (Read 2401 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
BBC balance
« on February 18, 2019, 12:00:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Funny int it?

In the news they are morbidly obsessed with "balance"

So, when they have a news article about professional scientists reaching a unanimous decision that human activity is causing global warming, they'll invite some bat-shittery from a bell-end climate change denier like Nigel Lawson as "balance".

Strange then, that for a match between Crystal Palace and Doncaster Rovers, the studio summarisers were a player who had played for Crystal Palace and a player who had never played for or against Doncaster Rovers.

I think we should write to the DG of the BBC, demanding, as our right for balance, for the ghost of Pat Lally to have 20 minutes of Breakfast Time to explain to the nation why Donny did in fact win today.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:38:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: BBC balance
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2019, 12:04:25 am by hoolahoop »
Funny int it?

So, when they have a news article about professional scientists reaching a unanimous decision that human activity is causing global warming, they'll invite some bat-shittery from some bell-ends climate change denier like Nigel Lawson as "balance".

Strange then, that for a match between Crystal Palace and Doncaster Rovers, the studio summarisers were a player who had played for Crystal Palace and a player who had never played for or against Doncaster Rovers.

I think we should write to the DG of the BBC, demanding, as our right for balance, for the ghost of Pat Lally to have 20 minutes of Breakfast Time to explain to the nation why Donny did in fact win today.

Lol. You didn't really expect balance did you after all this Brexit stuff . I expected Jeremy Clarkson to be our balance .

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2019, 12:09:45 am by pib »
Tbf if they were going to go down the BT route and have Saunders and Paul Dickov on, I’m glad they opted to chuck balance out the window.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2019, 12:13:43 am by Bentley Bullet »
F**king poor representation. We should have a re-match.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2019, 08:01:14 am by Filo »
Funny int it?

So, when they have a news article about professional scientists reaching a unanimous decision that human activity is causing global warming, they'll invite some bat-shittery from a bell-end climate change denier like Nigel Lawson as "balance".

Pat Lally has yet to be admitted to the afterlife 😂😂😂

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2019, 08:21:56 am by LincsRover »
Even the MOTD highlights looked as if palace had the majority of the chances - no bbc, we had more chances but just didn’t put them away! 😤

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2019, 05:40:16 pm by scawsby steve »
Even the MOTD highlights looked as if palace had the majority of the chances - no bbc, we had more chances but just didn’t put them away! 😤

Sorry to disagree LR, but I can't remember any genuine chances for us other than Alfie's header.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2019, 05:47:32 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We had more shots not more chances though

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2019, 06:00:06 pm by Lesonthewest »
Having watched it Gary Lineker has gone down in my estimation, he & the panel were on the verge on condescending, yes there was a gulf between the sides but don't talk shit, tell it how it is without the slimy attitude, we are Yorkshire people & can take it on the chin, you are part of the Premiership/FA gravy train on silly money, well you can keep it & I hope we don't see that often, just to take a few more quid off you now & again.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2019, 06:05:13 pm by bobbymax »
Just mostly watched it back. That Kilbane is a first-class, patronising hillock and Lineker and his chums were no better. What an appalling elitist organisation the BBC has become!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2019, 06:07:19 pm by Copps is Magic »
BBC Balance?

I think the only thing possible to balance Murphy's miserableness would be a Buddhist monk sat on a mountain-top high off his tits on LSD.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2019, 06:11:22 pm by eastender »
Funny int it?

Are you sure Danny Murphy never played against us.
He was a 22yr old at Crewe when we played them in 1994.
I'm sure someone on will know.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 18, 2019, 06:18:30 pm by tommy toes »
Just mostly watched it back. That Kilbane is a first-class, patronising hillock and Lineker and his chums were no better. What an appalling elitist organisation the BBC has become!
Just watched the second half in which Palace did nothing other than one chance and Kilban spent it waxing lyrical about how brilliant they were.
Tosser.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 18, 2019, 06:19:22 pm by RoversAlias »
Haven't seen any of the BBC coverage of our game, but Danny Murphy is hands down the most biased, miserable, full-of-shit "pundit" they've got so nothing surprises me when it comes to him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 18, 2019, 06:39:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Funny int it?

Are you sure Danny Murphy never played against us.
He was a 22yr old at Crewe when we played them in 1994.
I'm sure someone on will know.

Couldn't say for definite but he was actually 16 when we played them in 93/94, so probably not.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 18, 2019, 08:08:50 pm by scawsby steve »
Gary Lineker was a fantastic striker, no doubt about it; but in recent years, with all the obscene money he's made from the BBC and those f*cking ridiculous crisps adverts, he's become a loudmouth, elitist, condescending, moralising tw*t who thinks, just like so many modern celebrities, that he has empathy with us ordinary people, regarding football and everything else.

He hasn't, and I just wish he'd do us all a favour and shut the f*ck up.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 18, 2019, 08:13:26 pm by ravenrover »
summed it up for me on Talksport this morning would you like the winner of tonights match to be drawn against Man City next round? Murphy - oh no you want the best 2 teams in the final err err err but but the magic of the cup maybe Palace or Watford maybe ought to get to the final err err.
It comes over as it must be Premiership or it's not worth watching

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 18, 2019, 09:04:53 pm by PDX_Rover »
f**k 'em.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 18, 2019, 09:09:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's an era of identity quotas.

Danny Murphy is the result of Affirmative Action. The BBC should be applauded for giving dour thick gets a chance to get on in the world.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012