Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:48:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Scunthorpe United game  (Read 4510 times)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Scunthorpe United game
« Reply #30 on February 20, 2019, 05:10:22 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Never a truer word said, vicar.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 20, 2019, 06:24:58 pm by the vicar »
It does my head in they need to watch what they wish for

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 20, 2019, 06:36:29 pm by NickDRFC »
Copps has started the last 4 games, suggesting that we mix it up slightly isn’t writing him off - his game time has been managed both this season and last, has McCann been disregarding him by putting him on the bench from time to time? Sadlier has looked bright in his cameo appearances so suggesting he start is hardly crazy either.

That said I’d still start Copps on Saturday - he was taken off early enough last weekend so he should be fresh.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 20, 2019, 06:45:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thank you Nick. Who said I was disregarding Copps? It's a squad game. I have explained my thinking behind this before however it's my opinion which does not disregard Copps quality and influence. If you took the time to read my previous posts then you would understand.

McCann picks the team and I trust his judgement.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 20, 2019, 11:52:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just listened to Copps interview on the podcast on the other thread. He reflects on where we are this season and what we need to do to step on the gas again to be successful. His influence on other players on and off the pitch will be invaluable for the rest of the season. You cannot buy that experience but he acknowledges the manager has to do what he thinks right for every game.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 22, 2019, 10:38:17 am by selby »
  Now the biggest subject on the game has been resolved, where we can sit and whether we can stand, and whether our supporters can live with each other at a game I suppose, we can get on with important things like what team we are likely to play.
   I expect only one change to the starting line up from last week, Wilks in for May, which I think most of us will expect.
   The subs will be strengthened by the inclusion of Smith I would imagine, and injury allowing our squad will be as strong as it has been for some time.
  Whether Scunthorpe go for three at the back to try and negate our midfield seems to be the favourite of their supporters on their forum, so an interesting game in prospect with a good atmosphere.
    We will have to be on our game to come away with anything, and Scunthorpe will want to perform better than they did in the reverse fixture at the KM.
   What are your thoughts now the game is approaching?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 22, 2019, 01:54:57 pm by Donnywolf »
More up for this than last week - but is that cos I know what happened last week ?

I think your Team selection will be about right - GM I "guessed" last Sunday on here took Copps and Ali off thinking we were "beaten" but left Alfie on to run about with the Bench in mind for him

Really hope we roll them whatever the Teams and whatever the "formation" they play.

ROVCOM2 already for me !

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 23, 2019, 12:02:41 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Wilks in for May. McGahey starts for Scunny.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 23, 2019, 04:58:40 pm by drfchound »
McGahey should have been sent off today.
Wilks was ripping him apart again and he got frustrated hence that kick to Mallik head.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 23, 2019, 05:44:11 pm by selby »
   A good game we had chances to win, but ended up with a point, a good point that extended our advantage over Peterborough. Not our best performance as far as football is concerned but one of our best as far as fighting and scrapping for a point.
  Both goals I attribute to dodgy goalkeeping,Alnwick down slowly for a somewhat scuffed shot from Wilks that looked like being the first of a few, so much were we on top in the first half.
   McCall changed it at half time, attacking constantly our weak area in the right back area , where in an ariel assault I don't think Blair won a header.
   A cross from our left was hoisted into the box and looked an easy take for Marosi who stayed rooted to the line, And a Scunthorpe player brushed past Blair to plant a header in from close range.
   It was not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination, Marquis no service although missing what looked like an easy chance when set up by Kane.
   I would have taken a point before the game,am a little disappointed we didn't take three when we had the chance, but happy that Scunthorpe on this display will cause problems for any of the teams around us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012