Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:31:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TIFO  (Read 3169 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
TIFO
« on February 18, 2019, 11:48:13 am by GazLaz »
I thought the TIFO looked great from the drone camera. However how intellectually challenged and disrespectful have you got to be to make a paper aeroplane out of a piece of card that says “don’t make an aeroplane out of me” on it??

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
Re: TIFO
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2019, 11:54:35 am by Rovers Return »
I thought the TIFO looked great from the drone camera. However how intellectually challenged and disrespectful have you got to be to make a paper aeroplane out of a piece of card that says “don’t make an aeroplane out of me” on it??

I thought you could give them a serial number on them and use them as a raffle ticket for say a couple of tickets for the next game. Draw them out midweek, following the game. People then take them home and put them in their own bin. :-)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2019, 12:18:03 pm by Jenny »
Agreed Gaz, it was disappointing to see people completely disregarding what was wrote on them - people had obviously gone to a lot of time, effort and expense to organise it. I wonder if those who were throwing them on the pitch contributed to the crowd funder?

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2019, 12:38:09 pm by ctay »
The flag looked great too!

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2019, 12:55:32 pm by acacia94 »
Oh come on...Thought the paper planes were great. That one that had the range of a B-52 and floated over the photographers in the corner was a cracker.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2019, 01:00:19 pm by Filo »
Oh come on...Thought the paper planes were great. That one that had the range of a B-52 and floated over the photographers in the corner was a cracker.

As great as they might have been, people were specifcally asked not to do the plane making stuff as the people that put time effort and money into it wanted to recycle the cards for future TIFO’s. We do seem to have a pretty large contingent of disrespectful brain dead followers

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2019, 01:01:48 pm by RoversAlias »

Aye, very impressive. My niece could do that and she's in primary school.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2019, 01:03:28 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
am i the only one who didn't know what a TIFO was til now

but i do know about more "useful" variation uses of this technique

i remember prisoners in an opening prison planting bulbs so they spelled - X rated comments - Daffodil time is the time for a TIFO

another nice example at Rotherham here "Revenge plots of daffodils "

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/apr/08/martinwainwright

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2019, 01:22:50 pm by CottyRover »
It would have taken a lot of volunteers, but to rescue at least some of them from becoming paper planes they could have been collected as soon as the TIFO was over. Some of us dutifully put them under our seats as instructed but I noticed that they mostly ended up so scuffed up that they were probably useless

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2019, 01:30:06 pm by acacia94 »
I couldn't get my ailerons symmetrical and the fuselage centre of gravity seemed a bit out of wack. I reckon a slightly lighter paper stock than the 300gsm used as well – could have seen some reaching the penalty box with say a 180-200gsm coated wove.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2019, 03:51:30 pm by Drover »
Not very environmental though is it?Don't tell government,they'll try and charge a tax on them!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2019, 06:39:00 pm by roversdude »
I couldn't get my ailerons symmetrical and the fuselage centre of gravity seemed a bit out of wack. I reckon a slightly lighter paper stock than the 300gsm used as well – could have seen some reaching the penalty box with say a 180-200gsm coated wove.
Assume that
a) WUM
b) you never chipped in

Great effort to the guys for making the TIFO happen financially and actually putting out the card

Smithers-Jones

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 18, 2019, 08:56:13 pm by Smithers-Jones »
A big well done and thank you to all who were involved in organising the TIFO, you did us proud.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 19, 2019, 12:23:02 am by acacia94 »
Eh Roversdude. Lighten up lad/lass (Im presuming from your 'dude' bit you're a bloke – though could be wrong).
You're inside a football ground. If you print don't make this into a paper aeroplane you're kind of asking for trouble. Had that not been stuck on the back (more paper, less eco friendly) I doubt very few of those A3 sheets would have wafted so beautifully over the SS. I salute everyone who made the origami effort and created that lovely effect. Lets face it they were never gonna be recycled and were only ever destined for a bin.
On your assumption I didn't chip in – I donated £20 on the first day of the crowd fund right behind someone called John Ryan. Now donating £20 doesn't give me any extra rights and I never got my badly folded Avro Vulcan off the ground but can I put you down as an early member of my Viking Origami Group. Its early days but we're looking to throw 700 beautifully folded paper models of the Scunny Steel Works onto the pitch at Blanford Park at 1pm in a mass show of strength between northern industrial towns.
Cmon dude!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 19, 2019, 09:16:01 am by drfchound »
I think it also said on the papers that they were wanted for use in the future.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 19, 2019, 11:23:13 am by Nudga »
I think it also said on the papers that they were wanted for use in the future.

No chance, we put ours under our seats but we stood up quite a lot and they got scuffed and damaged.
That's when my boys made the aeroplanes.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 19, 2019, 12:17:25 pm by Move DRFC »
Yeah don't think the thought it through asking to keep them for future use haha, they were all filthy by the end of the game. No ones really going to keep them in their hand all game are they

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 19, 2019, 03:10:15 pm by roversdude »
Eh Roversdude. Lighten up lad/lass (Im presuming from your 'dude' bit you're a bloke – though could be wrong).
You're inside a football ground. If you print don't make this into a paper aeroplane you're kind of asking for trouble. Had that not been stuck on the back (more paper, less eco friendly) I doubt very few of those A3 sheets would have wafted so beautifully over the SS. I salute everyone who made the origami effort and created that lovely effect. Lets face it they were never gonna be recycled and were only ever destined for a bin.
On your assumption I didn't chip in – I donated £20 on the first day of the crowd fund right behind someone called John Ryan. Now donating £20 doesn't give me any extra rights and I never got my badly folded Avro Vulcan off the ground but can I put you down as an early member of my Viking Origami Group. Its early days but we're looking to throw 700 beautifully folded paper models of the Scunny Steel Works onto the pitch at Blanford Park at 1pm in a mass show of strength between northern industrial towns.
Cmon dude!

Go for it

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 19, 2019, 04:45:59 pm by graingrover »
Just to say thankyou and I wonder how long it took you guys to make the cards and set them out ....FOR US ALL.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 19, 2019, 09:25:50 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
We only add the sticker to prevent them becoming paper airplanes PRE Tifo, we fully expect them to become airborne at some point, just after their primary function ideally.

i can't see the Viking Origami Group have a future think they'll fold pretty quickly but have you thought about seeking out advice on do's and don'ts etc from one of the "alleged" larger clubs who do tifo's  .... maybe officially done by their club itself ?   TIFO user's group ????     TIFO-pixel  users group sound quite impressive

TinyPortal © 2005-2012