Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:44:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Manure Chelsea  (Read 2712 times)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
Manure Chelsea
« on February 19, 2019, 07:18:27 am by southwestexile »
Having watched this, I don't feel that we were far off Chelsea's performance (proportionally) in terms of effort and pressure. We did ourselves proud. And looking at the draw, an away day at Watford is hardly glamorous or more than 1% winnable. I'm not glad that we went out but.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Manure Chelsea
« Reply #1 on February 19, 2019, 08:36:26 am by Campsall rover »
Might not have got Watford as our draw number would have been different from Crystal Palace.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 19, 2019, 08:52:09 am by wing commander »
  I'm normally one of the positive ones on here (apart from our dire catering that is) but I'm one of the few Rovers fans who was disappointed with our performance on Sunday..I know the standard we were up against but I didn't think we did ourselves any justice tbh...Didn't think we were strong enough and when we had the ball we didn't show our qualities...We did okay but I'm not beaming with pride over that performance tbh..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 19, 2019, 09:13:01 am by drfchound »
Might not have got Watford as our draw number would have been different from Crystal Palace.

Would we have had a different number.
Genuine question.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 19, 2019, 09:17:52 am by Wild Rover »
Not sure having a different number on a ball would mean DRFC might have drawn a different team. Palaces ball ( irrespective of number on it ) was drawn away at Watford, ergo DRFC ( whatever the number) would also have been drawn away at Watford.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 19, 2019, 09:28:50 am by RobTheRover »
I'm not sure fate works like that, Wild.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 19, 2019, 09:40:06 am by RoversAlias »
We would have got Watford away, the ball numbers correspond to the match in the previous round. So we would have had Palace's number and, in theory, drawn Watford away yes.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 19, 2019, 10:04:49 am by the vicar »
  I'm normally one of the positive ones on here (apart from our dire catering that is) but I'm one of the few Rovers fans who was disappointed with our performance on Sunday..I know the standard we were up against but I didn't think we did ourselves any justice tbh...Didn't think we were strong enough and when we had the ball we didn't show our qualities...We did okay but I'm not beaming with pride over that performance tbh..
I agree wwe never pressed them at all and when we got the ball we dint get behind them enough, we was shooting sat to late and hitting there legs, I don't blame May for the missed coal as JM should of shouted for him to leave it, but we did pass the ball very well

JonnyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 19, 2019, 10:11:24 am by JonnyRover »
We would have had same number as Palace

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 19, 2019, 10:32:30 am by RedRover45 »
We would have had same number as Palace

Correct. When the match is drawn, that number match then becomes the number for the next round regardless of who wins the tie. We would have been away at Watford, or indeed QPR if that fixture would have finished differently.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:36:50 am by RedRover45 »

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 19, 2019, 12:00:21 pm by foxbat »
 Sunday was great in many ways , but , although we did ok and  didn't disgrace ourselves, we didn't actually trouble a , let's face it pretty poor premiership side that was without it's best player.
The idea that we are not far off Chelsea because they lost last night is ridiculous.  The use of ' Manure ', seems to say - don't rate/Like United , they beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Donny only lost 2-0 at home to Palace   - therefore Donny are not far behind Chelsea.
Chelsea didn't play badly last night , it was United that played exceptionally well and thoroughly deserved the win. They still had to be well organised work hard to contain Eden Hazard , so , thinking how easily Palace came straight through Donny to score with their first attack, its hard to imagine what Hazard and Chelsea would do, but it wouldn't be pretty.
Don't get me wrong , Donny are looking a great League1 side now and  could make the play off final and get promoted, but would have to step up again to make any impression in the Championship.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 19, 2019, 12:16:45 pm by dickos1 »
Not sure they’re a very poor premier league aide, they won at Man City a few weeks ago and knocked spurs out of the cup in the last round.
Two of the best sides in Europe currently

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 19, 2019, 12:19:30 pm by adamtherover »

Genuine question.

if alphabetical order, would we have been next??  so the same number?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 19, 2019, 12:22:38 pm by adamtherover »
sadly i have to agree,  the energy, the movement wasnt there for me.   And the ammount of stray passes was criminal. Palace were there for the taking, whether or not they were just doing enough to get through , who knows... but a performance like versus southend and we would now be planning a trip to watford.   :-(   we just have to move on, take our frustrations out on scunny and see out the rest of this fabulous season!!    RTID

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 19, 2019, 01:09:00 pm by southwestexile »
Sunday was great in many ways , but , although we did ok and  didn't disgrace ourselves, we didn't actually trouble a , let's face it pretty poor premiership side that was without it's best player.
The idea that we are not far off Chelsea because they lost last night is ridiculous.  The use of ' Manure ', seems to say - don't rate/Like United , they beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Donny only lost 2-0 at home to Palace   - therefore Donny are not far behind Chelsea.
Chelsea didn't play badly last night , it was United that played exceptionally well and thoroughly deserved the win. They still had to be well organised work hard to contain Eden Hazard , so , thinking how easily Palace came straight through Donny to score with their first attack, its hard to imagine what Hazard and Chelsea would do, but it wouldn't be pretty.
Don't get me wrong , Donny are looking a great League1 side now and  could make the play off final and get promoted, but would have to step up again to make any impression in the Championship.

I think you forgot to read the word 'proportionally' indicating that the way manure (a commonly used nickname with every bit of disrespect intended, apologies if you have a different opinion) limited Chelsea's ability to create and get shots away was a little bit like what Palace did to us.

The main point being that we never looked like winning and neither did Chelsea as the opposition were superior on the day. Just for good measure, this doesn't mean that I think Palace are as good as manure

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 19, 2019, 03:30:39 pm by RoversAlias »

Genuine question.

if alphabetical order, would we have been next??  so the same number?

As already stated, the draw is done in match order not alphabetical.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 19, 2019, 04:25:26 pm by drfchound »
sadly i have to agree,  the energy, the movement wasnt there for me.   And the ammount of stray passes was criminal. Palace were there for the taking, whether or not they were just doing enough to get through , who knows... but a performance like versus southend and we would now be planning a trip to watford.   :-(   we just have to move on, take our frustrations out on scunny and see out the rest of this fabulous season!!    RTID

It could be that we were outstanding against Southend because Southend aren’t as good as Palace and they didn’t let us be as good.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 19, 2019, 05:24:36 pm by scawsby steve »
I agree wwe never pressed them at all and when we got the ball we dint get behind them enough, we was shooting sat to late and hitting there legs, I don't blame May for the missed coal as JM should of shouted for him to leave it, but we did pass the ball very well

I disagree about the press, Dave; I thought we pressed well most of the game, but Palace had the quality on the ball to play through it. Watch the difference on Saturday when we press Scunny; they haven't the quality to cope with it.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 19, 2019, 05:52:16 pm by i_ateallthepies »

I disagree about the press, Dave; I thought we pressed well most of the game, but Palace had the quality on the ball to play through it. Watch the difference on Saturday when we press Scunny; they haven't the quality to cope with it.

Vicar, was you watching when Palace put the ball out for corners at least three times (might have been four) in the first half alone from back passes to the keeper because they were under pressure from our forwards?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 19, 2019, 08:00:28 pm by PDX_Rover »

Watched it again and have to agree. We didn’t disgrace ourselves but I think we gave them too much respect. Sure, we closed down and forced errors but too often our passing was cut out or delivery just not good enough. Yes, it’s premier league opposition but we didn’t really get at them.
We just were not at our best.

The timing of the goals killed us too. And Wilkes a huge miss.

Still though, we earned come plaudits, banked the thick end of a million quid and promotion is very much alive for us.

RTID

TinyPortal © 2005-2012